Tuesday, 11 August 2026

English Language

 English Language 

1. Talking to Elders / Senior Relatives (Formal & Respectful)

Always use "Tapai" (you) and "Hajur" (yes/please) to show respect.

Situation

Topic

English

Romanized Nepali

Greeting

Morning Meet

Good morning, sir. How is your health?

Bihaan ko namaskar. Tapai ko sanchai chha?

Asking

About their day

Did you eat your lunch?

Khana khanu bho?

Giving News

Family update

My sister got a new job.

Mero bahini le naya kaam paayin.

Checking

Their comfort

Do you need anything from the market?

Bazaar bata kehi lyaaunu paryo?

Leaving

Taking permission

Please take care. I am leaving now.

Hajur, dhyaan rakhnu. Ma aaile janchhu.


2. Talking to Friends / Siblings (Informal & Casual)

Use "Ta" or "Tim" (you). Feel free to use slang and jokes.

Situation

Topic

English

Romanized Nepali

Greeting

Catching up

Hey! Long time no see. What's up?

Kya ho! Dherai bho dekha na bhaeko. K cha haal?

Making Plans

Going out

Should we go eat momos?

Momo khaana jaam?

Asking Favors

Help

Can you lend me 500 rupees for a week?

Malai 500 rupiya ek hapta lai dinchhas?

Gossiping

Someone else

Did you hear? He broke up with his girlfriend.

Sunis? Usle uski girlfriend sanga break garyo.

Complaining

Work/Study

I am so bored today.

Aaja dherai bore bhako.


3. Talking to Strangers / Shopkeepers (Polite & Neutral)

Use "Tapai" (you). Keep it direct but courteous.

Situation

Topic

English

Romanized Nepali

Shopping

Price

How much does this shirt cost?

Yo shirt ko kati ho?

Shopping

Bargaining

Can you give it a little cheaper?

Ali sasto ma dinuhunchha?

Directions

Finding places

Where is the nearest bus stop?

Najik ko bus stop kata chha?

Restaurant

Ordering

I will have a plate of fried rice.

Malai euta plate fried rice dinus.

Politeness

Apology

Sorry, I didn't see you there.

Maaf garnus, maile taha paayena.


4. Talking to Bosses / Office Colleagues (Professional)

Use "Tapai" with the boss. Use "Tim" or "Tapai" with colleagues depending on the company culture.

Situation

Topic

English

Romanized Nepali

Office

Requests

Could you please send me the report by 3 PM?

Kripaya malai report 3 baje samma pathaunu hunchha?

Office

Project update

I have finished the client presentation.

Maile client presentation sakkey.

Meeting

Asking opinion

What do you think about this new policy?

Yo naya policy ko baare ma tapai ko k soch chha?

Leaving

End of day

I am heading out now. See you tomorrow.

Ma aaile niskinchhu. Bholi bhetaula.

Problem

Tech issues

The internet is very slow today.

Aaja internet ekdum dhilo chha.


5. Talking to Children / Younger Kids (Simple & Warm)

Use "Ta" or "Tim". Keep sentences short.

Situation

Topic

English

Romanized Nepali

Greeting

Playful

Hello! What are you doing?

Hello! K gardai chhau?

Encouraging

School

Did you study your homework?

Homework garyau?

Giving food

Mealtime

Eat nicely, okay?

Ramro sanga khau, hai?

Playing

Joining in

Can I play with you?

Ma timi sanga khelna paunchhu?

Comforting

Scared

Don't be afraid. I am right here.

Na dara. Ma yahin chhu.


6. Talking to Waiters / Service Staff (Polite & Clear)

Situation

Topic

English

Romanized Nepali

Restaurant

Ordering

What do you recommend?

Ke recommend garnuhunchha?

Restaurant

Missing item

We ordered a Coke, but this is Fanta.

Hamile Coke magyau, tara yo Fanta ho.

Hotel

Request

Please bring some extra towels to room 12.

Kripaya room 12 ma ali badhi towel pathaunu hola.

Paying

The bill

Can I get the check, please?

Bill dinuhunchha?

Thanking

Gratitude

Thank you, the food was delicious.

Dhanyabaad, khana dherai mitho thiyo.


7. Talking to Doctors / Health Professionals (Formal & Detailed)

Situation

Topic

English

Romanized Nepali

Clinic

Symptoms

I have a fever and a headache.

Malai joro ra taauko dukhcha.

Clinic

History

I have been coughing for three days.

Malai teen din dekhi khoki aaako chha.

Clinic

Medicine

Is this medicine for before or after food?

Yo ausadhi khana agadi ki pachhi khaane?

Emergency

Urgency

I need to see the doctor immediately.

Malai turuntai doctor laai bhetnu parchha.

Follow-up

Advice

When should I come back?

Ferai kahile aaunu?


🔥 Bonus: 5 "All-Purpose" Mixer Phrases

These are phrases that mix both languages naturally, which Nepalis use daily.

1.      "Ke cha?"What's up? / How is it? (Used with anyone informal).

2.      "Hajur?"Yes? / Pardon me? / What did you say? (Used with elders).

3.      "Ramro chha"It is good / I am fine (Used in almost any situation).

4.      "Ke garne?"What to do? (The universal Nepali sigh for frustrating situations).

5.      "Ani?"And then? / So? (Used to keep a conversation going).


Quick Cheat-Sheet for Pronouns

English

Formal (Elders/Bosses)

Informal (Friends/Younger)

You

Tapai (तपाईं)

Tim / Ta (तिमी / त)

I

Ma (म)

Ma (म)

Yes

Hajur (हजुर)

Ho (हो)

Please

Kripaya (कृपया)

Please (प्लिज)

 

50 More Practical Sentences for Everyday Situations

All Nepali is written in Romanized Nepali for easy reading, with the English right next to it.


Scenario 1: At a Taxi / Public Bus (Getting Around)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

1

Please take me to the airport.

Malai airport lagaidinu hos.

2

How much will it cost to go to Thamel?

Thamel jaana kati linchha?

3

Can you stop right here?

Yahin rokidinu hunchha?

4

Is this bus going to Ratna Park?

Yo bus Ratna Park jaane ho?

5

Please drive a little slowly.

Ali bistarai chalaunu hola.


Scenario 2: At a Hotel / Lodge (Checking In & Out)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

6

I have a reservation under the name Sharma.

Mero Sharma naam ma reservation chha.

7

Is there hot water in the room?

Kotha ma tato paani chha?

8

Can I get a room with a view?

View bhayeko kotha paunchha?

9

What time is check-out tomorrow?

Bholi check-out kati baja ho?

10

Can you keep my luggage here for an hour?

Mero samaan ek ghanta lai yahin rakhnu hunchha?


Scenario 3: At a Pharmacy / Medical Shop (Health)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

11

I have a stomach ache and vomiting.

Malai pet dukhchha ra ulti aauchha.

12

Do I need a prescription for this?

Yesko lagi prescription chahinchha?

13

I am allergic to penicillin.

Malai penicillin bata allergy chha.

14

How many times a day should I take this?

Yo din ma kati choti khaanu?

15

Do you have something for a cold?

Rukhko lagi kehi chha?


Scenario 4: At a Bank / ATM (Money Matters)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

16

I want to exchange 200 dollars into Nepali rupees.

Malai 200 dollar Nepali rupiya ma satta garnu chha.

17

What is the exchange rate today?

Aaja ko exchange rate kati ho?

18

I forgot my PIN number.

Maile PIN number birsyechhu.

19

Can you check my account balance?

Mero account balance heridinu hunchha?

20

The ATM ate my card.

ATM le mero card khayo.


Scenario 5: At a Restaurant / Cafe (Ordering Food)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

21

I want a cup of black tea with less sugar.

Malai ek cup chiya chini kam bhayeko chahiyo.

22

Is this dish very spicy?

Yo dish dherai piro chha?

23

Please bring me some extra napkins.

Ali badhi napkin dinu hola.

24

The soup is too salty.

Soup dherai nunilo chha.

25

We want to order now.

Hami ahile order garna chahanchhau.


Scenario 6: At a Shopping Mall / Clothing Store (Bargaining)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

26

Can I try this on?

Yo lagaera herna paunchhu?

27

This is too small. Do you have a larger size?

Yo dherai sano chha. Thulo size chha?

28

The color is nice, but the price is high.

Color ramro chha, tara mahango chha.

29

Give me your last price.

Last price bhanidinu na.

30

I'll take it. Wrap it up.

Ma yahi linchhu. Beridinu hola.


Scenario 7: At Work / Office (Professional Chats)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

31

I will send you the file by email.

Ma tapailai file email ma pathauchhu.

32

Can we reschedule the meeting to 4 PM?

Meeting 4 baje sarau na?

33

I am taking a half-day leave tomorrow.

Ma bholi half-day bida linchhu.

34

Who is handling the new project?

Naya project ko jimma kasle liyeko?

35

Please print out these documents.

Yee documents print garnu hola.


Scenario 8: With Neighbors / Locals (Community Talk)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

36

I just moved in next door.

Ma bharkhar chimeki ma aako.

37

The water pipe is leaking in my house.

Mero ghar ma paani ko pipe chueko chha.

38

Is there a grocery store nearby?

Najik ma kirana pasal chha?

39

Thank you for your help yesterday.

Hijo mero sahayog gareko ma dhanyabaad.

40

Your garden looks very beautiful.

Tapai ko bagaincha dherai ramro chha.


Scenario 9: With Family at Home (Daily Routine)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

41

I will be late today; don't wait for me for dinner.

Ma aaja dhilo aaunchhu; malai khana parkha na hai.

42

Did you lock the front door?

Dhoka tala lagaayau?

43

Please call me when you reach home.

Ghar pugepachhi malai phone gara.

44

I am feeling sleepy. Good night.

Malai nindra lagyo. Subha ratri.

45

Turn off the TV and go to sleep.

TV banda gara ra sutna jaau.


Scenario 10: Emergency / Unexpected Problems (Crisis Talk)

#

English

Romanized Nepali

46

I lost my phone! Can I borrow yours?

Mero phone harayo! Timro phone ekchoti dinchhau?

47

Please call the police immediately.

Turuntai prahari laai phone garnus.

48

My bag has been stolen.

Mero jhola chori bhayechha.

49

I am lost. Can you help me find this address?

Ma haraye. Yo thaau pauna sahayog garnus.

50

Is there a hospital close to here?

Yaha najik ma aspataal chha?


5 Extra "Lifesaver" Phrases for 2026

Since you asked for 50, here are 5 modern/tech-related phrases people use daily in Nepal right now:

#

English

Romanized Nepali

51

Do you have Wi-Fi and the password?

Wi-Fi chha? Password kati ho?

52

My phone battery is about to die.

Mero phone battery sakkine bhayo.

53

Can I pay using eSewa or Khalti?

eSewa ya Khalti bata paisa pathauna milchha?

54

I will send it to you on Viber/WhatsApp.

Ma tapailai Viber/WhatsApp ma pathauchhu.

55

Please scan this QR code.

Yo QR code scan garnus.

 

60 Fill-in-the-Blank Questions – Everyday Situations

Instructions: Choose the most appropriate option from the brackets to complete each sentence.


Set 1: At a Taxi / Public Bus (Questions 1–5)

1. Please take me to the ________.
(Options: airport / market / temple)

2. How much will it ________ to go to Thamel?
(Options: take / cost / weigh)

3. Can you ________ right here?
(Options: stop / go / turn)

4. Is this bus ________ to Ratna Park?
(Options: coming / going / staying)

5. Please drive a little ________.
(Options: faster / slowly / loudly)


Set 2: At a Hotel / Lodge (Questions 6–10)

6. I have a ________ under the name Sharma.
(Options: reservation / problem / complaint)

7. Is there ________ water in the room?
(Options: cold / hot / dirty)

8. Can I get a room with a ________?
(Options: view / fan / mirror)

9. What time is ________ tomorrow?
(Options: breakfast / check-out / sunrise)

10. Can you keep my ________ here for an hour?
(Options: luggage / food / ticket)


Set 3: At a Pharmacy / Medical Shop (Questions 11–15)

11. I have a stomach ache and ________.
(Options: fever / vomiting / cough)

12. Do I need a ________ for this?
(Options: prescription / receipt / ticket)

13. I am ________ to penicillin.
(Options: allergic / addicted / used)

14. How many times a ________ should I take this?
(Options: week / day / month)

15. Do you have something for a ________?
(Options: cold / party / movie)


Set 4: At a Bank / ATM (Questions 16–20)

16. I want to ________ 200 dollars into Nepali rupees.
(Options: exchange / deposit / withdraw)

17. What is the exchange ________ today?
(Options: rate / value / number)

18. I forgot my ________ number.
(Options: PIN / phone / room)

19. Can you check my account ________?
(Options: balance / history / number)

20. The ATM ________ my card.
(Options: ate / returned / printed)


Set 5: At a Restaurant / Cafe (Questions 21–25)

21. I want a cup of black tea with ________ sugar.
(Options: less / more / no)

22. Is this dish very ________?
(Options: spicy / sweet / cold)

23. Please bring me some extra ________.
(Options: napkins / plates / spoons)

24. The soup is too ________.
(Options: salty / hot / thick)

25. We want to ________ now.
(Options: order / leave / pay)


Set 6: At a Shopping Mall / Clothing Store (Questions 26–30)

26. Can I ________ this on?
(Options: try / put / take)

27. This is too small. Do you have a ________ size?
(Options: larger / smaller / medium)

28. The color is nice, but the price is ________.
(Options: cheap / expensive / fair)

29. Give me your ________ price.
(Options: last / first / only)

30. I'll take it. ________ it up.
(Options: Wrap / Pick / Open)


Set 7: At Work / Office (Questions 31–35)

31. I will send you the file by ________.
(Options: email / post / hand)

32. Can we ________ the meeting to 4 PM?
(Options: reschedule / cancel / start)

33. I am taking a ________ leave tomorrow.
(Options: half-day / full-day / sick)

34. Who is ________ the new project?
(Options: handling / ignoring / delaying)

35. Please ________ out these documents.
(Options: print / throw / fold)


Set 8: With Neighbors / Locals (Questions 36–40)

36. I just moved in ________.
(Options: next door / upstairs / far away)

37. The water pipe is ________ in my house.
(Options: leaking / breaking / working)

38. Is there a ________ store nearby?
(Options: grocery / shoe / toy)

39. Thank you for your ________ yesterday.
(Options: help / money / advice)

40. Your garden looks very ________.
(Options: beautiful / small / dry)


Set 9: With Family at Home (Questions 41–45)

41. I will be ________ today; don't wait for me.
(Options: late / early / home)

42. Did you ________ the front door?
(Options: lock / open / paint)

43. Please call me when you ________ home.
(Options: reach / leave / see)

44. I am feeling ________. Good night.
(Options: sleepy / happy / hungry)

45. Turn off the TV and go to ________.
(Options: sleep / work / school)


Set 10: Emergency / Unexpected Problems (Questions 46–50)

46. I ________ my phone!
(Options: lost / found / charged)

47. Please call the ________ immediately.
(Options: police / doctor / plumber)

48. My bag has been ________.
(Options: stolen / packed / opened)

49. I am ________. Can you help me find this address?
(Options: lost / tired / busy)

50. Is there a ________ close to here?
(Options: hospital / cinema / park)


Set 11: Modern / Tech Phrases (Questions 51–55)

51. Do you have ________ and the password?
(Options: Wi-Fi / food / water)

52. My phone ________ is about to die.
(Options: battery / screen / cover)

53. Can I pay using ________ or Khalti?
(Options: eSewa / Google / Facebook)

54. I will send it to you on ________.
(Options: WhatsApp / TV / Radio)

55. Please ________ this QR code.
(Options: scan / tear / fold)


Set 12: Mixed Review (Questions 56–60)

56. The food was delicious. Thank you, ________.
(Options: waiter / driver / teacher)

57. I am heading out now. See you ________.
(Options: tomorrow / yesterday / later)

58. The internet is very ________ today.
(Options: slow / fast / cheap)

59. Do you want to go eat ________?
(Options: momos / rice / fruits)

60. What do you ________ about this new policy?
(Options: think / smell / hear)

Here are the answers to all 60 questions with short, easy reasons.

Set 1: At a Taxi / Public Bus

#

Answer

Short Reason

1

airport

We say “take me to the airport.”

2

cost

“How much will it cost?” asks about price.

3

stop

“Stop right here” means stop the vehicle.

4

going

“Is this bus going to...?” is the natural expression.

5

slowly

“Drive slowly” describes how to drive.

Set 2: At a Hotel / Lodge

#

Answer

Short Reason

6

reservation

A hotel booking is a reservation.

7

hot

“Hot water” is the common phrase.

8

view

“A room with a view” is a standard expression.

9

check-out

Hotels have a specific check-out time.

10

luggage

Luggage can be stored at a hotel.

Set 3: At a Pharmacy / Medical Shop

#

Answer

Short Reason

11

vomiting

“Stomach ache and vomiting” are symptoms.

12

prescription

Some medicines require a prescription.

13

allergic

We say “allergic to” something.

14

day

“How many times a day?” is the standard expression.

15

cold

Medicine can be taken for a cold.

Set 4: At a Bank / ATM

#

Answer

Short Reason

16

exchange

Money is exchanged from one currency to another.

17

rate

“Exchange rate” is the standard term.

18

PIN

A PIN is used to access an ATM/account.

19

balance

Account balance shows the money in an account.

20

ate

Informally, an ATM that keeps a card “ate” it.

Set 5: At a Restaurant / Cafe

#

Answer

Short Reason

21

less

“Less sugar” means a smaller amount of sugar.

22

spicy

We ask whether a dish is spicy.

23

napkins

Napkins are commonly requested at restaurants.

24

salty

“Too salty” describes excessive salt in soup.

25

order

Customers “order” food.

Set 6: At a Shopping Mall / Clothing Store

#

Answer

Short Reason

26

try

“Try this on” means test/wear clothing.

27

larger

If something is too small, we need a larger size.

28

expensive

A high price means something is expensive.

29

last

“Last price” means the final price offered.

30

Wrap

“Wrap it up” means package the item.

Set 7: At Work / Office

#

Answer

Short Reason

31

email

Files can be sent by email.

32

reschedule

Reschedule means change the meeting time.

33

half-day

“Half-day leave” is a common workplace phrase.

34

handling

Someone can handle/manage a project.

35

print

Documents can be printed out.

Set 8: With Neighbors / Locals

#

Answer

Short Reason

36

next door

“Move in next door” means move into the neighboring house.

37

leaking

A leaking pipe allows water to escape.

38

grocery

A grocery store sells everyday food and household items.

39

help

We commonly say “Thank you for your help.”

40

beautiful

“Looks very beautiful” describes appearance.

Set 9: With Family at Home

#

Answer

Short Reason

41

late

“I will be late” means arriving after the expected time.

42

lock

We lock a door for security.

43

reach

“Reach home” means arrive at home.

44

sleepy

Feeling sleepy means wanting to sleep.

45

sleep

“Go to sleep” is the correct expression.

Set 10: Emergency / Unexpected Problems

#

Answer

Short Reason

46

lost

“I lost my phone” means it cannot be found.

47

police

Police are contacted during emergencies involving crime or danger.

48

stolen

“Has been stolen” means someone took it illegally.

49

lost

A lost person needs help finding an address.

50

hospital

A hospital provides emergency medical care.

Set 11: Modern / Tech Phrases

#

Answer

Short Reason

51

Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi normally requires a password.

52

battery

A phone battery can run out of power.

53

eSewa

eSewa is a digital payment service used in Nepal.

54

WhatsApp

WhatsApp can be used to send messages/files.

55

scan

QR codes are scanned with a phone.

Set 12: Mixed Review

#

Answer

Short Reason

56

waiter

A waiter serves food in a restaurant.

57

tomorrow

“See you tomorrow” refers to the next day.

58

slow

“Slow internet” means the connection is not fast.

59

momos

“Go eat momos” is a natural everyday expression.

60

think

“What do you think about...?” asks for an opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

English Language

 English Language  1. Talking to Elders / Senior Relatives (Formal & Respectful) Always use "Tapai" (you) and "Hajur...