Band 6-6.5 score for the same IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3 sets.
I have kept the structure the same
but used simpler vocabulary, shorter sentences, and more natural/
conversational phrasing while still maintaining good coherence and fluency.
SET
1: Describe a person who has influenced you greatly
Part
2 (Cue Card) – Band 6.5 Sample Answer
You should say:
- Who this person is
- How you know them
- What qualities they possess
- And explain why they have influenced you so greatly
Sample Answer (around 280 words):
The person who has influenced me the
most is my maternal grandfather. He is a retired school principal, and I have
known him my whole life because he lived with us when I was growing up. I have
very fond memories of him telling me interesting stories about his teaching
days.
My grandfather has many great
qualities that I really admire. First of all, he is an extremely patient
person. I have never seen him lose his temper, even when things go wrong.
Secondly, he is very curious and loves to learn new things. Even at his age, he
reads a lot of books on different topics like science, history, and even
technology. Another thing I admire about him is his honesty. He always tries to
do the right thing, even if it is difficult.
He has influenced me in many
important ways. First, he taught me that education is not just about getting a
good job, but about understanding the world better. Because of him, I developed
a habit of reading regularly. Whenever I faced problems in my studies or felt
upset about something, he would calmly talk to me and help me see things
differently. He always told me that failures are temporary and that we should
learn from them. He also taught me to respect everyone, no matter who they are
or where they come from.
To conclude, my grandfather is
someone I truly look up to. He has given me not money or property, but good
values that help me make better decisions in life. I am very thankful for his
guidance, and I try my best to follow his example in my daily life.
Part
3 (Follow-up Questions & Answers) – Band 6.5
1. Do you think family members are
usually the biggest influence on children?
Answer (Band 6.5):
Yes, I think family members are the
biggest influence on children, especially when they are young. Parents and
older siblings are the first people children learn from, so they shape their
basic values and habits. For example, if parents are kind and hardworking,
children usually copy those behaviours. However, as children grow up, their
friends, teachers, and even social media start to influence them more. So,
while family is very important in the early years, other influences become
stronger later on.
Vocabulary (Simple):
|
Word |
Meaning |
Nepali |
|
Influence |
Effect on someone |
प्रभाव |
|
Shape |
Form/develop |
आकार
दिनु |
|
Values |
Moral principles |
मूल्य मान्यता |
|
Copy |
Imitate |
नक्कल गर्नु |
|
Behaviours |
Actions |
व्यवहारहरू |
2. How has the way people influence
others changed with social media?
Answer (Band 6.5):
Social media has changed influence a
lot. In the past, only famous people, teachers, or parents could influence
others. But now, anyone with a phone can become an influencer on platforms like
Instagram or YouTube. This is good because we get to hear many different
opinions and ideas. But it is also bad because sometimes people share false
information, and others believe it without checking. Also, many people today
care too much about getting likes and followers, which I think is a bit
shallow.
Vocabulary (Simple):
|
Word |
Meaning |
Nepali |
|
Platforms |
Websites/apps |
प्लेटफर्महरू |
|
Opinions |
Views/thoughts |
रायहरू |
|
False |
Untrue |
झूटा |
|
Shallow |
Not deep/meaningful |
सतही |
3. Are leaders naturally born or can
they be made?
Answer (Band 6.5):
I think leadership is a mix of both.
Some people are naturally confident and good at speaking, which helps them
become leaders easily. But I also believe that most leadership skills can be
learned over time. For example, communication, decision-making, and
problem-solving are skills that anyone can improve with practice. So, even if
someone is not a natural leader, they can become one by learning from others
and gaining experience. Personally, I think hard work and learning matter more
than natural talent.
Vocabulary (Simple):
|
Word |
Meaning |
Nepali |
|
Confident |
Self-assured |
आत्मविश्वासी |
|
Communication |
Sharing information |
सञ्चार |
|
Decision-making |
Choosing between options |
निर्णय लिने |
|
Experience |
Practical knowledge |
अनुभव |
4. Do you think it's important for
people to have role models?
Answer (Band 6.5):
Yes, I believe role models are very
important for people, especially for young people. Having someone to look up to
gives us motivation to work harder and achieve our goals. We can learn from
their successes as well as their mistakes. For example, seeing how a successful
person overcame difficulties can inspire us to keep going when we face
problems. However, we should be careful when choosing role models. It is better
to admire someone for their character, honesty, and hard work, not just for
their fame or money.
Vocabulary (Simple):
|
Word |
Meaning |
Nepali |
|
Motivation |
Encouragement |
प्रेरणा |
|
Achieve |
Accomplish |
हासिल गर्नु |
|
Overcame |
Defeated a problem |
पार
गर्नु |
|
Admire |
Respect/look up to |
प्रशंसा गर्नु |
|
Character |
Moral qualities |
चरित्र |
Quick
Comparison: Band 9 vs Band 6.5 Vocabulary
|
Band
9 Phrase |
Band
6.5 Phrase |
Nepali |
|
Exerted a profound influence |
Influenced me a lot |
ठूलो
प्रभाव पार्नु |
|
Intimately since my childhood |
My whole life |
बाल्यकालदेखि |
|
Virtually inexhaustible patience |
Extremely patient |
अत्यन्तै धैर्यवान |
|
Embodies intellectual curiosity |
Loves to learn new things |
जिज्ञासु हुनु |
|
Unwavering integrity |
Very honest |
इमानदार हुनु |
|
Instilled the quintessential value |
Taught me the importance |
महत्त्व सिकाउनु |
|
Vehicle for enlightenment |
Way to understand the world |
संसार बुझ्ने तरिका |
|
Enduring legacy |
Good values he left behind |
स्थायी विरासत |
|
Sculpted the person I am |
Helped me become who I am |
म
बनेको व्यक्ति |
Speaking
Tips for Band 6-6.5:
|
Do's |
Don'ts |
|
Speak clearly and at a normal
speed |
Don't speak too fast or too slow |
|
Use linking words like firstly,
moreover, in conclusion |
Don't use very advanced words you
are unsure of |
|
Give examples from your personal
life |
Don't memorize entire answers
word-for-word |
|
Expand your answers with 3-4
sentences per point |
Don't give one-word or very short
answers |
|
Use a mix of simple and complex
sentences |
Don't use the same word repeatedly
(e.g. use "good", "nice", "great",
"wonderful" interchangeably) |
|
Pause naturally to think |
Don't use fillers like
"ummm" or "aaaa" too much |
No comments:
Post a Comment