Thursday, 19 March 2026

Use of Will/ Would (future, decision, promise, etc.)

Use of WILL (future, decision, promise, etc.)

 “Will” = future auxiliary verb (भविष्य जनाउने सहायक क्रिया)


1. Future Actions (भविष्यका कामहरू)

 भविष्यमा हुने काम देखाउन प्रयोग हुन्छ।

Structure:
Subject + will + V1

Examples:

  • I will go to school tomorrow.
     
    भोलि विद्यालय जानेछु।
  • She will call you later.
     
    पछि तिमीलाई फोन गर्नेछे।

2. Instant Decisions (तुरुन्त निर्णय)

 बोल्ने बेलामा अचानक निर्णय गर्दा।

  • I am tired. I will rest now.
     
    थाकेको छु। अहिले आराम गर्नेछु।

3. Promises (प्रतिज्ञा)

  • I will help you.
     
    तिमीलाई सहयोग गर्नेछु।
  • I will never lie to you.
     
    तिमीलाई कहिल्यै झुट बोल्दिनँ।

4. Offers (प्रस्ताव)

  • I will carry your bag.
     
    तिम्रो झोला बोकीदिन्छु।
  • Will you have some tea?
     
    के तिमी चिया लिनुहुन्छ?

5. Requests (विन्ती) – polite

  • Will you open the door?
     
    के तिमी ढोका खोल्छौ?

6. Predictions (अनुमान)

  • It will rain today.
     
    आज पानी पर्छ।

Use of WOULD (past, polite, imaginary, etc.)

“Would” = past form of will (will को भूतकाल रूप)


1. Past Future (भूतकालमा भविष्य)

अघिल्लो समयमा भविष्यको कुरा गर्दा।

  • He said he would come.

 उसले भन्यो आउनेछ।


2. Polite Requests (सभ्य विन्ती)

“will” भन्दा अझ सभ्य।

  • Would you help me?
    के तपाईं मलाई सहयोग गर्नुहुन्छ?
  • Would you open the window?
    के तपाईं झ्याल खोल्नुहुन्छ?

3. Offers (सभ्य प्रस्ताव)

  • Would you like some coffee?
    के तपाईं कफी लिनुहुन्छ?

4. Imaginary / Unreal Situations (काल्पनिक अवस्था)

If sentence मा धेरै प्रयोग हुन्छ।

  • If I were rich, I would buy a car.
    यदि धनी हुन्थें भने गाडी किन्थें।

5. Habit in the Past (भूतकालको बानी)

पहिले गरिने काम

  • When I was a child, I would play outside.
    सानो हुँदा बाहिर खेल्थें।

6. Preference (इच्छा / चाहना)

Would rather / would like

  • I would like to eat momo.
    मलाई मम खान मन छ।
  • I would rather stay home.
    घरमै बस्न रुचाउँछु।

Difference between WILL and WOULD

WILL

WOULD

Future (भविष्य)

Past / Polite / Imaginary

Strong / direct

Polite / soft

I will go

I would go

Will you help me?

Would you help me? (more polite)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

50 Examples of Using Can and Could with English and Nepali Translations (Specially for Biswas Theeng Living in Sharjah, UAE)

50 Examples of Using Can and Could with English and Nepali Translations (Specially for Biswas Theeng Living in Sharjah, UAE ) 📘 CAN (Pr...