Monday, 20 July 2026

50 Completely New Fill-in-the-Blank Questions

50 Completely New Fill-in-the-Blank Questions

Set 1: Banking & Finance

1.      What is the current interest __________? (rate / time / money)

2.      I need to take a __________ for my business. (loan / rent / tax)

3.      I pay my __________ on the 5th of every month. (EMI / GST / PIN)

4.      A good __________ score helps you get loans. (credit / debit / cash)

5.      I made a __________ online yesterday. (transaction / translation / transportation)

Set 2: Cooking & Recipes

6.      __________ the vegetables into small pieces. (Chop / Mix / Boil)

7.      __________ the onions until golden brown. (Fry / Sauté / Soak)

8.      Let the soup __________ for 10 minutes. (simmer / freeze / burn)

9.      __________ spices according to your taste. (Add / Remove / Waste)

10. __________ with fresh coriander. (Garnish / Cover / Hide)

Set 3: Weather Forecast

11. Tomorrow will be partly __________. (cloudy / sunny / rainy)

12. Heavy __________ is expected today. (rainfall / snowfall / sunshine)

13. The __________ is very high today. (humidity / pressure / heat)

14. The __________ will drop tonight. (temperature / wind / light)

15. Wind __________ is 20 km per hour. (speed / force / power)

Set 4: Pet Care

16. I __________ my dog twice a day. (feed / walk / groom)

17. I take my dog for a __________ every morning. (walk / bath / nap)

18. My cat needs regular __________. (grooming / feeding / sleeping)

19. We take our pet for a vet __________ yearly. (check-up / treatment / operation)

20. Your puppy needs its first __________. (vaccination / bath / toy)

Set 5: Volunteering

21. I do __________ work at a school. (volunteer / office / house)

22. We should __________ the needy. (help / ignore / forget)

23. I __________ clothes every year. (donate / buy / sell)

24. Community __________ is very rewarding. (service / service / work)

25. We raise __________ about health issues. (awareness / money / plants)

Set 6: Dating & Relationships

26. I finally __________ her out. (asked / called / pushed)

27. My friend set me up on a __________ date. (blind / double / fast)

28. I think I am __________ in love. (falling / falling / going)

29. They decided to __________ up. (break / bring / grow)

30. They got back __________ after a month. (together / apart / aside)

Set 7: Home Renovation

31. We are going to __________ our kitchen. (renovate / destroy / paint)

32. We need to __________ the walls. (paint / wash / break)

33. The roof is leaking; we must __________ it. (fix / ignore / remove)

34. We __________ new lights in the hall. (installed / removed / broke)

35. We have a limited __________ for renovation. (budget / time / space)

Set 8: Job Promotion

36. I got a __________ at work! (promotion / demotion / transfer)

37. The promotion comes with a salary __________. (hike / drop / freeze)

38. I have new __________ now. (responsibilities / holidays / uniforms)

39. If you __________ hard, you will get promoted. (work / sleep / play)

40. My annual performance __________ is next week. (review / party / meeting)

Set 9: Newspaper & Media

41. The __________ is about the election. (headline / story / photo)

42. We have __________ news from the capital. (breaking / old / fake)

43. The __________ writes about politics. (columnist / photographer / editor)

44. Always __________ the news you read. (fact-check / ignore / share)

45. I have a __________ to the local newspaper. (subscription / donation / complaint)

Set 10: Gaming

46. I need to __________ up my character. (level / wake / grow)

47. Let's play in __________ mode. (multiplayer / single / offline)

48. My game __________ is broken. (controller / monitor / speaker)

49. I unlocked a new __________ today! (achievement / level / costume)

50. Don't forget to __________ the game. (save / delete / pause)

Bonus: 5 Extra Questions (Mixed Topics)

51. I __________ for my son last week. (babysat / cleaned / painted)

52. Please __________ the plants daily. (water / cut / sell)

53. Call an __________ immediately! (ambulance / office / taxi)

54. We set up a __________ near the river. (tent / shop / table)

55. I want to __________ this book from the library. (borrow / buy / sell)

Answers

50 Completely New Fill-in-the-Blank Questions

Set 1: Banking & Finance

1.      What is the current interest __________? (rate / time / money)

2.      I need to take a __________ for my business. (loan / rent / tax)

3.      I pay my __________ on the 5th of every month. (EMI / GST / PIN)

4.      A good __________ score helps you get loans. (credit / debit / cash)

5.      I made a __________ online yesterday. (transaction / translation / transportation)

Set 2: Cooking & Recipes

6.      __________ the vegetables into small pieces. (Chop / Mix / Boil)

7.      __________ the onions until golden brown. (Fry / Sauté / Soak)

8.      Let the soup __________ for 10 minutes. (simmer / freeze / burn)

9.      __________ spices according to your taste. (Add / Remove / Waste)

10. __________ with fresh coriander. (Garnish / Cover / Hide)

Set 3: Weather Forecast

11. Tomorrow will be partly __________. (cloudy / sunny / rainy)

12. Heavy __________ is expected today. (rainfall / snowfall / sunshine)

13. The __________ is very high today. (humidity / pressure / heat)

14. The __________ will drop tonight. (temperature / wind / light)

15. Wind __________ is 20 km per hour. (speed / force / power)

Set 4: Pet Care

16. I __________ my dog twice a day. (feed / walk / groom)

17. I take my dog for a __________ every morning. (walk / bath / nap)

18. My cat needs regular __________. (grooming / feeding / sleeping)

19. We take our pet for a vet __________ yearly. (check-up / treatment / operation)

20. Your puppy needs its first __________. (vaccination / bath / toy)

Set 5: Volunteering

21. I do __________ work at a school. (volunteer / office / house)

22. We should __________ the needy. (help / ignore / forget)

23. I __________ clothes every year. (donate / buy / sell)

24. Community __________ is very rewarding. (service / service / work)

25. We raise __________ about health issues. (awareness / money / plants)

Set 6: Dating & Relationships

26. I finally __________ her out. (asked / called / pushed)

27. My friend set me up on a __________ date. (blind / double / fast)

28. I think I am __________ in love. (falling / falling / going)

29. They decided to __________ up. (break / bring / grow)

30. They got back __________ after a month. (together / apart / aside)

Set 7: Home Renovation

31. We are going to __________ our kitchen. (renovate / destroy / paint)

32. We need to __________ the walls. (paint / wash / break)

33. The roof is leaking; we must __________ it. (fix / ignore / remove)

34. We __________ new lights in the hall. (installed / removed / broke)

35. We have a limited __________ for renovation. (budget / time / space)

Set 8: Job Promotion

36. I got a __________ at work! (promotion / demotion / transfer)

37. The promotion comes with a salary __________. (hike / drop / freeze)

38. I have new __________ now. (responsibilities / holidays / uniforms)

39. If you __________ hard, you will get promoted. (work / sleep / play)

40. My annual performance __________ is next week. (review / party / meeting)

Set 9: Newspaper & Media

41. The __________ is about the election. (headline / story / photo)

42. We have __________ news from the capital. (breaking / old / fake)

43. The __________ writes about politics. (columnist / photographer / editor)

44. Always __________ the news you read. (fact-check / ignore / share)

45. I have a __________ to the local newspaper. (subscription / donation / complaint)

Set 10: Gaming

46. I need to __________ up my character. (level / wake / grow)

47. Let's play in __________ mode. (multiplayer / single / offline)

48. My game __________ is broken. (controller / monitor / speaker)

49. I unlocked a new __________ today! (achievement / level / costume)

50. Don't forget to __________ the game. (save / delete / pause)

Bonus: 5 Extra Questions (Mixed Topics)

51. I __________ for my son last week. (babysat / cleaned / painted)

52. Please __________ the plants daily. (water / cut / sell)

53. Call an __________ immediately! (ambulance / office / taxi)

54. We set up a __________ near the river. (tent / shop / table)

55. I want to __________ this book from the library. (borrow / buy / sell)

Set 1: Banking & Finance

1.      What is the current interest rate?
Reason: Interest rate means the percentage charged or paid on money.

2.      I need to take a loan for my business.
Reason: A loan is money borrowed from a bank or financial institution.

3.      I pay my EMI on the 5th of every month.
Reason: EMI means Equated Monthly Installment, a regular monthly payment for a loan.

4.      A good credit score helps you get loans.
Reason: A credit score shows your creditworthiness.

5.      I made a transaction online yesterday.
Reason: A transaction is an exchange or movement of money.


Set 2: Cooking & Recipes

6.      Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
Reason: Chop means cut food into pieces.

7.      Sauté the onions until golden brown.
Reason: Sauté means cook food quickly in a little oil. Fry is also grammatically possible, but sauté is more precise here.

8.      Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
Reason: Simmer means cook gently at a low temperature.

9.      Add spices according to your taste.
Reason: Add means put something into something else.

10. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Reason: Garnish means decorate food with herbs or other ingredients.


Set 3: Weather Forecast

11. Tomorrow will be partly cloudy.
Reason: Partly cloudy is a common weather expression.

12. Heavy rainfall is expected today.
Reason: Rainfall means the amount of rain that falls.

13. The humidity is very high today.
Reason: Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air.

14. The temperature will drop tonight.
Reason: Temperature measures how hot or cold something is.

15. Wind speed is 20 km per hour.
Reason: Wind speed measures how fast the wind is moving.


Set 4: Pet Care

16. I feed my dog twice a day.
Reason: Feed means give food to someone or an animal.

17. I take my dog for a walk every morning.
Reason: Take a dog for a walk is a common expression.

18. My cat needs regular grooming.
Reason: Grooming includes brushing, cleaning, and caring for an animal's appearance.

19. We take our pet for a vet check-up yearly.
Reason: A check-up is a routine health examination.

20. Your puppy needs its first vaccination.
Reason: A vaccination protects an animal from certain diseases.


Set 5: Volunteering

21. I do volunteer work at a school.
Reason: Volunteer work is unpaid work done to help others.

22. We should help the needy.
Reason: Help means give assistance.

23. I donate clothes every year.
Reason: Donate means give something to help people or an organization.

24. Community service is very rewarding.
Reason: Community service means work done to benefit the community.

25. We raise awareness about health issues.
Reason: Raise awareness means make people more informed about an issue.


Set 6: Dating & Relationships

26. I finally asked her out.
Reason: Ask someone out means invite someone on a date.

27. My friend set me up on a blind date.
Reason: A blind date is a date where the people have not met before.

28. I think I am falling in love.
Reason: Fall in love is the fixed expression.

29. They decided to break up.
Reason: Break up means end a romantic relationship.

30. They got back together after a month.
Reason: Get back together means resume a relationship after separating.


Set 7: Home Renovation

31. We are going to renovate our kitchen.
Reason: Renovate means improve or repair a building or room.

32. We need to paint the walls.
Reason: Paint means cover walls with paint to decorate or protect them.

33. The roof is leaking; we must fix it.
Reason: Fix means repair something that is damaged.

34. We installed new lights in the hall.
Reason: Installed means put equipment or fixtures into position; the past tense fits the sentence.

35. We have a limited budget for renovation.
Reason: A budget is the amount of money available for a particular purpose.


Set 8: Job Promotion

36. I got a promotion at work!
Reason: A promotion means moving to a higher position at work.

37. The promotion comes with a salary hike.
Reason: A salary hike means an increase in salary.

38. I have new responsibilities now.
Reason: A promotion usually brings new duties and responsibilities.

39. If you work hard, you will get promoted.
Reason: After you, the base verb work is used in the first conditional.

40. My annual performance review is next week.
Reason: A performance review evaluates an employee's work.


Set 9: Newspaper & Media

41. The headline is about the election.
Reason: A headline is the main title of a news article.

42. We have breaking news from the capital.
Reason: Breaking news means important news that has just happened.

43. The columnist writes about politics.
Reason: A columnist regularly writes articles expressing opinions or analysis.

44. Always fact-check the news you read.
Reason: Fact-check means verify whether information is true.

45. I have a subscription to the local newspaper.
Reason: A subscription is an arrangement to regularly receive a publication.


Set 10: Gaming

46. I need to level up my character.
Reason: Level up means improve a character by gaining experience or points.

47. Let's play in multiplayer mode.
Reason: Multiplayer mode allows several players to play together.

48. My game controller is broken.
Reason: A controller is a device used to control a video game.

49. I unlocked a new achievement today!
Reason: An achievement is a special accomplishment earned in a game.

50. Don't forget to save the game.
Reason: Save the game means store your progress.


Bonus: 5 Extra Questions

51. I babysat for my son last week.
Reason: Babysat is the past tense of babysit and means cared for a child.

52. Please water the plants daily.
Reason: Plants need water to grow and remain healthy.

53. Call an ambulance immediately!
Reason: An ambulance provides emergency medical transportation.

54. We set up a tent near the river.
Reason: A tent is used for temporary shelter, especially outdoors.

55. I want to borrow this book from the library.
Reason: Borrow means take something temporarily and return it later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PTE Retell Lecture Practice

PTE Retell Lecture Practice Title: The Impact of Urban Green Spaces on Mental Well-being Urban green spaces, such as parks, community ga...