50 Examples of Using Can and Could with English and Nepali Translations (Specially for Biswas Theeng Living in Sharjah, UAE)
๐ CAN (Present Ability, Permission, Possibility, Request)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Translation |
|
1 |
I can
speak three languages. |
เคฎ เคคीเคจ
เคตเคा
เคญाเคทा
เคฌोเคฒ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคु। |
|
2 |
You can
cook delicious food. |
เคคिเคฎी เคฎिเค ो
เคाเคจा
เคชเคाเคเคจ
เคธเค्เคौ। |
|
3 |
He can
drive a car very well. |
เค เคाเคกी
เคฐाเคฎ्เคฐเคฐी
เคเคฒाเคเคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
4 |
She can
sing beautiful songs. |
เคเคจी เคธुเคจ्เคฆเคฐ
เคीเคค
เคाเคเคจ
เคธเค्เคिเคจ्। |
|
5 |
We can go
to the mall today. |
เคนाเคฎी เคเค
เคฎเคฒ
เคाเคจ
เคธเค्เคौं। |
|
6 |
They can
swim in the pool. |
เคเคจीเคนเคฐू เคชोเคเคฐीเคฎा
เคชौเคกी
เคेเคฒ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคเคจ्। |
|
7 |
I can help
you with your work. |
เคฎ เคคिเคฎ्เคฐो
เคाเคฎเคฎा
เคฎเคฆ्เคฆเคค
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคु। |
|
8 |
You can
park your car here. |
เคคिเคฎी เคเคซ्เคจो
เคाเคกी
เคฏเคนाँ
เคชाเคฐ्เค
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคौ। |
|
9 |
He can fix
any electronic device. |
เค เคुเคจै
เคชเคจि
เคเคฒेเค्เค्เคฐोเคจिเค
เคเคชเคเคฐเคฃ
เคฎเคฐ्เคฎเคค
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
10 |
She can
dance very gracefully. |
เคเคจी เคงेเคฐै
เคธुเคจ्เคฆเคฐ
เคจाเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เคिเคจ्। |
|
11 |
We can see
the Burj Khalifa from here. |
เคนाเคฎी เคฏเคนाँเคฌाเค
เคฌुเคฐ्เค
เคเคฒिเคซा
เคฆेเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เคौं। |
|
12 |
You can
use my phone if you want. |
เคคिเคฎी เคाเคนे
เคฎेเคฐो
เคซोเคจ
เคช्เคฐเคฏोเค
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคौ। |
|
13 |
I can
finish this work today. |
เคฎ เคเค
เคฏो
เคाเคฎ
เคธเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เคु। |
|
14 |
They can
reach Dubai in an hour. |
เคเคจीเคนเคฐू เคเค
เคเคฃ्เคाเคฎा
เคฆुเคฌเค
เคชुเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เคเคจ्। |
|
15 |
He can
remember everything. |
เค เคธเคฌै
เคुเคฐा
เคธเคฎ्เคเคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
16 |
She can
cook Indian and Chinese food. |
เคเคจी เคเคจ्เคกिเคฏเคจ
เคฐ
เคाเคเคจिเค
เคाเคจा
เคชเคाเคเคจ
เคธเค्เคिเคจ्। |
|
17 |
We can go
for a walk in the evening. |
เคนाเคฎी เคธाँเค
เคนिँเคก्เคจ
เคाเคจ
เคธเค्เคौं। |
|
18 |
You can
ask the manager for help. |
เคคिเคฎी เคต्เคฏเคตเคธ्เคฅाเคชเคเคฒाเค
เคฎเคฆ्เคฆเคคเคो
เคฒाเคि
เคธोเคง्เคจ
เคธเค्เคौ। |
|
19 |
It can get
very hot in summer here. |
เคฏเคนाँ เคเคฐ्เคฎीเคฎा
เคงेเคฐै
เคคाเคคो
เคนुเคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
20 |
I can send
you the pictures. |
เคฎ เคคिเคฎीเคฒाเค
เคซोเคोเคนเคฐू
เคชเค ाเคเคจ
เคธเค्เคु। |
|
21 |
You can
take a taxi to the airport. |
เคคिเคฎी เคเคฏเคฐเคชोเคฐ्เค
เคाเคจ
เค्เคฏाเค्เคธी
เคฒिเคจ
เคธเค्เคौ। |
|
22 |
He can
read and write Arabic. |
เค เค
เคฐเคฌी
เคชเคข्เคจ
เคฐ
เคฒेเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
23 |
We can
celebrate Eid together. |
เคนाเคฎी เคเคैเคธाเคฅ
เคเคฆ
เคฎเคจाเคเคจ
เคธเค्เคौं। |
|
24 |
She can
make traditional Nepali food. |
เคเคจी เคชเคฐเคฎ्เคชเคฐाเคเคค
เคจेเคชाเคฒी
เคाเคจा
เคฌเคจाเคเคจ
เคธเค्เคिเคจ्। |
|
25 |
They can
come to visit us next week. |
เคเคจीเคนเคฐू เค
เคฐ्เคो
เคนเคช्เคคा
เคนाเคฎीเคฒाเค
เคญेเค्เคจ
เคเคเคจ
เคธเค्เคเคจ्। |
COULD (Past Ability, Polite Request,
Possibility, Suggestion)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Translation |
|
26 |
I could
swim when I was 5 years old. |
เคฎ เฅซ
เคตเคฐ्เคทเคो
เคนुँเคฆा
เคชौเคกी
เคेเคฒ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅेँ। |
|
27 |
She could
read before she went to school. |
เคเคจी เคธ्เคूเคฒ
เคाเคจुเค
เคि
เคชเคข्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅिเคจ्। |
|
28 |
He could
run very fast in his youth. |
เค เคเคตाเคจीเคฎा
เคงेเคฐै
เคिเคो
เคฆौเคกเคจ
เคธเค्เคฅ्เคฏो। |
|
29 |
We could
see the stars clearly last night. |
เคนाเคฎीเคฒे เคนिเคो
เคฐाเคคि
เคคाเคฐाเคนเคฐू
เคธ्เคชเคท्เค
เคฆेเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅ्เคฏौं। |
|
30 |
They could
speak English fluently. |
เคเคจीเคนเคฐू เค
ंเค्เคฐेเคी
เคธเคिเคฒै
เคฌोเคฒ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅे। |
|
31 |
I could
help you if you asked me. |
เคคिเคฎीเคฒे เคฎเคฒाเค
เคธोเคง्เคฏौ
เคญเคจे
เคฎ
เคคिเคฎीเคฒाเค
เคฎเคฆ्เคฆเคค
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅें। |
|
32 |
Could you
please pass the water? |
เคृเคชเคฏा, เคे
เคคिเคฎी
เคชाเคจी
เคชाเคธ
เคเคฐिเคฆिเคจ
เคธเค्เคौ? |
|
33 |
Could you
tell me the time? |
เคे เคคिเคฎी
เคฎเคฒाเค
เคธเคฎเคฏ
เคญเคจ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคौ? |
|
34 |
Could I
use your restroom? |
เคे เคฎ
เคคเคชाเคंเคो
เคถौเคाเคฒเคฏ
เคช्เคฐเคฏोเค
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคु? |
|
35 |
Could we
go to the beach tomorrow? |
เคे เคนाเคฎी
เคญोเคฒि
เคธเคฎुเคฆ्เคฐ
เคिเคจाเคฐเคฎा
เคाเคจ
เคธเค्เคौं? |
|
36 |
It could
rain later today. |
เคเค เคชเคि
เคชाเคจी
เคชเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
37 |
He could
be at home right now. |
เค เค
เคนिเคฒे
เคเคฐเคฎा
เคนुเคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
38 |
She could
become a great doctor. |
เคเคจी เคเค
เคฎเคนाเคจ्
เคกाเค्เคเคฐ
เคฌเคจ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคिเคจ्। |
|
39 |
I thought
I could finish it earlier. |
เคฎैเคฒे เคฏो
เคชเคนिเคฒ्เคฏै
เคธเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เคु
เคญเคจ्เคจे
เคธोเคेเคो
เคฅिเคँ। |
|
40 |
When I
lived in Nepal, I could climb hills easily. |
เคฎ เคจेเคชाเคฒเคฎा
เคฌเคธ्เคฆा
เคธเคिเคฒै
เคชเคนाเคก
เคเคข्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅें। |
|
41 |
We could
hear the mosque from our house. |
เคนाเคฎीเคฒे เคนाเคฎ्เคฐो
เคเคฐเคฌाเค
เคฎเคธ्เคिเคฆเคो
เคเคตाเค
เคธुเคจ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅ्เคฏौं। |
|
42 |
He could
solve the math problem. |
เค เคเคฃिเคคเคो
เคธเคฎเคธ्เคฏा
เคธเคฎाเคงाเคจ
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅ्เคฏो। |
|
43 |
She could
write poems when she was young. |
เคเคจी เคธाเคจो
เคนुँเคฆा
เคเคตिเคคा
เคฒेเค्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅिเคจ्। |
|
44 |
They could
live anywhere in the world. |
เคเคจीเคนเคฐू เคธंเคธाเคฐเคो
เคुเคจै
เคชเคจि
เค ाเคँเคฎा
เคฌเคธ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅे। |
|
45 |
I could
smell the food from the kitchen. |
เคฎैเคฒे เคญाเคจ्เคธाเคฌाเค
เคाเคจाเคो
เคเคจ्เคง เคธुँเค्เคจ เคธเค्เคฅें। |
|
46 |
Could you
bring me some water, please? |
เคृเคชเคฏा, เคे
เคคिเคฎी
เคฎเคฒाเค
เค
เคฒिเคเคคि
เคชाเคจी
เคฒ्เคฏाเคเคฆिเคจ
เคธเค्เคौ? |
|
47 |
It could
be difficult to find a taxi at night. |
เคฐाเคคि เค्เคฏाเค्เคธी
เคญेเค्เคाเคเคจ
เคाเคน्เคฐो
เคนुเคจ
เคธเค्เค। |
|
48 |
I could
feel the heat even inside. |
เคฎैเคฒे เคญिเคค्เคฐ
เคชเคจि
เคเคฐ्เคฎी
เคฎเคนเคธुเคธ
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคฅें। |
|
49 |
We could
try a new restaurant today. |
เคนाเคฎी เคเค
เคจเคฏाँ
เคฐेเคธ्เคुเคฐेเคจ्เคเคฎा
เคाเคจ
เคช्เคฐเคฏाเคธ
เคเคฐ्เคจ
เคธเค्เคौं। |
|
50 |
He said he
could come to Sharjah
next month. |
เคเคธเคฒे เค
เคฐ्เคो
เคฎเคนिเคจा เคถाเคฐเคाเคน เคเคเคจ เคธเค्เคจे
เคฌเคคाเค। |
๐ Quick Summary for Biswas Theeng
(Living in Sharjah, UAE)
|
Tense |
Use |
Example |
|
Can |
Present
ability, permission, possibility, informal request |
I can drive to Dubai. (เคฎ
เคฆुเคฌเค
เคाเคกी
เคเคฒाเคเคฐ
เคाเคจ
เคธเค्เคु।) |
|
Could |
Past
ability, polite request, possibility, suggestion |
I could drive to Dubai when
I had a car.
(เคฎเคธँเค
เคाเคกी
เคนुँเคฆा
เคฎ
เคฆुเคฌเค
เคाเคกी
เคเคฒाเคเคฐ
เคाเคจ
เคธเค्เคฅें।) |
Can / Could – Practice
Questions (40 Questions)
Instructions: Fill in each blank with can
or could. Choose the correct
option from the brackets. Answers are NOT
provided.
Set
1: Ability (Present vs Past)
1. I
__________ speak Arabic very well now. (can
/ could)
2. When
I was a child, I __________ climb trees easily. (can / could)
3. She
__________ cook Nepali food perfectly. (can
/ could)
4. He
__________ run 10 kilometers when he was in school. (can / could)
5. We
__________ see the desert from our balcony on clear days. (can / could)
6. They
__________ not understand English when they first came to the UAE. (can / could)
7. My
father __________ fix any car. (can /
could)
8. I
__________ remember my childhood friends clearly. (can / could)
9. She
__________ dance for hours when she was younger. (can / could)
10. You
__________ learn anything if you practice daily. (can / could)
Set
2: Permission (Present vs Polite)
11.
__________ I use your phone to call my family? (Can / Could)
12.
__________ you please open the window? (Can
/ Could)
13. You
__________ park your car in that spot. (can
/ could)
14.
__________ we go to the mall after work? (Can
/ Could)
15.
__________ I borrow your charger for a minute? (Can / Could)
16.
__________ you please speak a little slowly? (Can / Could)
17. You
__________ take a break if you feel tired. (can / could)
18.
__________ she join us for dinner tonight? (Can / Could)
19.
__________ I have some more water, please? (Can / Could)
20. You
__________ leave early today if you finish your work. (can / could)
Set
3: Possibility / Suggestion (Present vs Future / Hypothetical)
21. It
__________ be very hot in Sharjah
during summer. (can / could)
22. He
__________ be at the mosque right now. (can
/ could)
23. We
__________ try that new restaurant in Dubai this weekend. (can / could)
24. The
traffic __________ be heavy in the evening. (can / could)
25. She
__________ arrive late because of the rain. (can / could)
26.
They __________ move to a bigger apartment next year. (can / could)
27.
This __________ be the right way to the airport. (can / could)
28. You
__________ find good deals at the City Centre Mall. (can / could)
29. He
__________ become a manager in a few years. (can / could)
30. The
flight __________ be delayed due to fog. (can
/ could)
Set
4: Mixed Contexts (All Uses)
31.
When I lived in Nepal, I __________ walk to school every day. (can / could)
32.
__________ you help me carry these bags? (Can
/ Could)
33. I
__________ not find my keys anywhere this morning. (can / could)
34. You
__________ see the Burj Al Arab from that beach. (can / could)
35.
__________ I ask you a personal question? (Can / Could)
36. She
__________ speak three languages fluently now. (can / could)
37. We
__________ hear the call to prayer from our house. (can / could)
38.
__________ we have the meeting tomorrow instead? (Can / Could)
39. He
__________ not come to the party because he was sick. (can / could)
40. You __________ always call me if you need anything. (can / could)
Can / Could – Practice
Questions (40 Questions)
Answers with Short
Reasons
Set
1: Ability (Present vs Past)
1. can
– Present ability ("now").
2. could
– Past ability ("when I was a child").
3. can
– Present ability.
4. could
– Past ability ("when he was in school").
5. can
– Present possibility/ability.
6. could
– Past inability ("when they first came").
7. can
– Present ability.
8. can
– Present ability.
9. could
– Past ability ("when she was younger").
10. can
– General ability.
Set
2: Permission (Present vs Polite)
11. Can
– Asking permission.
12. Could
– Polite request.
13. can
– Giving permission.
14. Can
– Asking permission.
15. Could
– Polite permission.
16. Could
– Polite request.
17. can
– Giving permission.
18. Can
– Asking permission.
19. Could
– Polite request.
20. can
– Giving permission.
Set
3: Possibility / Suggestion (Present vs Future / Hypothetical)
21. can
– General possibility.
22. could
– Possibility.
23. could
– Suggestion.
24. can
– General possibility.
25. could
– Possibility.
26. could
– Future possibility.
27. could
– Uncertain possibility.
28. can
– General possibility.
29. could
– Future possibility.
30. could
– Possible event.
Set
4: Mixed Contexts (All Uses)
31. could
– Past ability.
32. Could
– Polite request.
33. could
– Past inability ("this morning").
34. can
– Present ability.
35. Could
– Polite permission.
36. can
– Present ability.
37. can
– Present ability.
38. Could
– Polite suggestion.
39. could
– Past possibility/inability.
40. can – Present ability/offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment