Saturday, 25 July 2026

PTE Respond a situations

PTE Respond a situations 

PART 1: FORMAL SITUATIONS

Situation 1 (Hotel Noise)

Good morning. I would like to inform you that my room overlooks a construction site, and the noise is quite disturbing. I would appreciate it if you could relocate me to a quieter room on a higher floor. Thank you very much for your assistance.


Situation 2 (Wrong Bill)

Hello. I'm calling regarding an invoice for a premium subscription that I never signed up for. Could you please investigate this matter and rectify the incorrect charge as soon as possible? I would appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.


Situation 3 (Wrong Email)

Good morning, Sir. I deeply regret that I accidentally sent a confidential document to an external client. I sincerely apologise for this oversight. I am doing everything possible to recall the email and resolve the issue immediately. Thank you for your understanding.


Situation 4 (Thesis Extension)

Good morning, Professor. I would like to formally request a one-week extension for my thesis submission due to an unexpected health issue. I would be extremely grateful if you could consider my request. Thank you for your understanding and support.


Situation 5 (Bank Account)

Good afternoon. I would like to inquire about opening a high-interest savings account. Could you please explain the terms and conditions, as well as the minimum balance required? I appreciate your guidance. Thank you.


PART 2: INFORMAL SITUATIONS

Situation 1 (Forgot Wallet)

Oh no! I left my wallet at home. Do you mind covering my coffee today? I'll pay you back as soon as we get to the office. Thanks a lot!


Situation 2 (Lost While Driving)

Hey, I think we're completely lost! Can you open Google Maps and help me with the directions? I can't work out which way to go at this intersection. Thanks!


Situation 3 (Smelly Fish Lunch)

Hey mate, I hate to say this, but your fish smells quite strong today. Would you mind finishing it in the break room instead? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!


Situation 4 (Cracked Laptop)

Oh no, my laptop screen is cracked! I'm really upset because I need it for work. Would you be willing to help me with the repair costs? I'd really appreciate it.


Situation 5 (Running Late)

Hey, I'm really sorry, but I'm running quite late. The traffic is terrible today. Could you grab us a table? I'll get there as soon as I can. Thanks!


Situation 6 (Borrow Car)

Hey, are you using your car this afternoon? I just need to pop to the supermarket to pick up a few things. I'll be back in about twenty minutes. Would it be okay if I borrowed it?


Situation 7 (Farewell Party)

Hey everyone! Since Sarah is leaving next Friday, I thought we could organise a surprise farewell party. How about we all chip in for some pizza and cake during lunch? What do you think?


Situation 8 (Broke Mug)

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I accidentally knocked your favourite mug off the counter and broke it. That's completely my fault. I'll definitely buy you a new one this weekend.


Situation 9 (Try Dessert)

Wow, that dessert looks delicious! Do you mind if I have a tiny bite just to taste it? I promise I won't take much. Thanks!


Situation 10 (New Software)

Whoa, slow down! You're going a bit too fast for me. Could you go over that last step again? I'm still trying to get used to this new software. Thanks!


Situation 11 (Stressed Friend)

Hey, try not to worry so much. You've been studying really hard, and you know the material well. Get some rest tonight—you'll do much better if you're relaxed. You've got this!


Situation 12 (Introduce Friends)

Hey guys! I'd like you to meet each other. Jake, this is my college friend Sam. Sam, this is Jake from work. I think you'll get along really well because you're both into gaming.


Situation 13 (Last-Minute Cancellations)

Hey, can I be honest? It really disappoints me when our plans get cancelled at the last minute. Could you let me know a bit earlier next time? I'd really appreciate it.


Situation 14 (Too Much Salt)

Oops! I think I added too much salt. Don't worry—I can fix it by adding some more water and a few potatoes. Hopefully, it'll taste much better afterwards!


Situation 15 (Bad Haircut)

Well, since you asked for my honest opinion, it's not really my favourite hairstyle on you. I think it's a little too short on the sides. But don't worry—hair grows back, and I'm sure it'll look great in a few weeks!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

PTE Respond a situations

PTE Respond a situations  PART 1: FORMAL SITUATIONS Situation 1 (Hotel Noise) Good morning. I would like to inform you that my room over...