Vocabularies used in daily life
ЁЯПв
At the Office / Workplace
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
1 |
Deadline |
рдЕрди्рддिрдо рдо्рдпाрдж (Antim Myad) |
"We need to submit this
report before the deadline." |
|
2 |
Appraisal |
рдоूрд▓्рдпांрдХрди (Mulyankan) |
"My annual appraisal is
scheduled for next week." |
|
3 |
Delegate |
рдЬिрдо्рдоा рджिрдиु
/ рд╕ुрдо्рдкिрдиु (Jimma Dinu) |
"I will delegate some tasks
to the junior staff." |
|
4 |
Follow up |
рдкрдЫ्рдпाрдЙрдиे / рдЕрдиुрдЧрдорди рдЧрд░्рдиे (Pachyaune) |
"Please follow up with the
client about the payment." |
|
5 |
Prioritize |
рдк्рд░ाрдердоिрдХрддा рджिрдиु
(Prathamikata Dinu) |
"You need to prioritize your
tasks for the day." |
|
6 |
Brainstorm |
рд╡िрдЪाрд░ рд╡िрдорд░्рд╢ рдЧрд░्рдиु (Vichar Vimarsh Garnu) |
"Let's brainstorm some ideas
for the new campaign." |
|
7 |
Stakeholder |
рд╕рд░ोрдХाрд░рд╡ाрд▓ा (Sarokarwala) |
"We need to inform all the
stakeholders about this change." |
|
8 |
Agenda |
рдХाрд░्рдпрд╕ूрдЪी (Karyasuchi) |
"The first item on the agenda
is the budget review." |
|
9 |
Feedback |
рдк्рд░рддिрдХ्рд░िрдпा / рд╕ुрдЭाрд╡ (Pratikriya) |
"I appreciate your honest
feedback on my presentation." |
|
10 |
Collaborate |
рд╕рд╣рдХाрд░्рдп рдЧрд░्рдиु (Sahakarya Garnu) |
"We should collaborate with
the design team on this." |
ЁЯН╜️
At Restaurants / Eating Out
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
11 |
Appetizer |
рднूрдЦ
рдмрдвाрдЙрдиे рдЦाрдиा
(Bhukh Badhaune Khana) |
"We ordered some appetizers
while waiting for the main course." |
|
12 |
Entr├йe / Main Course |
рдоुрдЦ्рдп рдЦाрдиा
(Mukhya Khana) |
"For the main course, I'll
have grilled chicken." |
|
13 |
Dessert |
рдоिрдаाрдИ (Mithai) |
"I'm skipping dessert today
because I'm full." |
|
14 |
Check / Bill |
рдмिрд▓
(Bill) |
"Could we have the check,
please?" |
|
15 |
Table for two |
рджुрдИ
рдЬрдиाрдХो рд▓ाрдЧि
рдЯेрдмрд▓
(Dui Janako Lagi Table) |
"I'd like a table for two by
the window, please." |
ЁЯН╜️
At Restaurants / Eating Out
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
16 |
Reservation |
рдЖрд░рдХ्рд╖рдг (Arakshan) |
"I have a reservation under
the name Sharma." |
|
17 |
Takeout / Takeaway |
рдк्рдпाрдХ рдЧрд░ेрд░
рд▓ैрдЬाрдиे (Pack Garera Laijane) |
"I'm too tired to cook; let's
just get takeout." |
|
18 |
Special of the day |
рджिрдирдХो рд╡िрд╢ेрд╖ (Din Ko Vishesh) |
"What is the special of the
day today?" |
ЁЯЫТ
Shopping / Markets
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
19 |
Discount |
рдЫुрдЯ
(Chhut) |
"Is there any discount on
this item?" |
|
20 |
Exchange |
рд╕ाрдЯ्рдиु / рдлेрд░्рдиु (Satnu / Fernu) |
"I'd like to exchange this
shirt for a larger size." |
|
21 |
Refund |
рдкैрд╕ा
рдлिрд░्рддा (Paisa Firt─Б) |
"Can I get a refund on this
defective product?" |
|
22 |
Warranty |
рдЧ्рдпाрд░ेрди्рдЯी (Guarantee) |
"This laptop comes with a
one-year warranty." |
|
23 |
Bargain |
рдоोрд▓рддोрд▓ рдЧрд░्рдиु (Molatol Garnu) |
"In this market, you can
bargain for a better price." |
|
24 |
Fitting room |
рд▓рдЧाрдПрд░ рд╣ेрд░्рдиे рдХोрдаा
(Lag─Бera Herne Koth─Б) |
"Where is the fitting room? I
want to try this on." |
|
25 |
Cashier / Counter |
рдХ्рдпाрд╕िрдпрд░ / рдкैрд╕ा
рдмुрдЭाрдЙрдиे рдаाрдЙँ
(Cashier) |
"Please pay at the cashier
over there." |
ЁЯПе
At the Hospital / Doctor
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
26 |
Appointment |
рд╕рдордп
рддोрдХेрдХो рднेрдЯ
(Samay Toleko Bhet) |
"I have a doctor's
appointment at 10 AM." |
|
27 |
Symptom |
рд▓рдХ्рд╖рдг (Lakshan) |
"Fever and cough are common
symptoms of the flu." |
|
28 |
Prescription |
рдкрд░्рдЪी (Parchi) |
"Please take this
prescription to the pharmacy." |
|
29 |
Emergency |
рдЖрдкрддрдХाрд▓िрди (Apatkalin) |
"Call an ambulance! This is
an emergency." |
|
30 |
Recover |
рдиिрдХो
рд╣ुрдиु
/ рд╕्рд╡ाрд╕्рде्рдпрд▓ाрдн рдЧрд░्рдиु (Niko Hunu) |
"You need plenty of rest to
recover quickly." |
ЁЯЪЦ
Travel / Transportation
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
31 |
Check-up |
рдЬाँрдЪ
/ рдкрд░ीрдХ्рд╖рдг (J─Б├▒ch / Parikshan) |
"I go for a dental check-up
every six months." |
|
32 |
Boarding pass |
рдЙрдбाрди
рднрд░्рдиे рдкाрд╕
(Ud─Бn Bharne Pass) |
"You need to show your
boarding pass at the gate." |
|
33 |
Layover / Stopover |
рд╡िрд╢्рд░ाрдо рдЕрд╡рдзि
(Bishram Avadhi) |
"We have a three-hour layover
in Dubai." |
|
34 |
One-way / Round trip |
рдПрдХрддрд░्рдлी / рджुрдИрддрд░्рдлी (Ektarphi / Duitarphi) |
"I need a one-way ticket to
Pokhara." |
|
35 |
Itinerary |
рдпाрдд्рд░ा рдХाрд░्рдпрдХ्рд░рдо (Yatra Karyakram) |
"Our itinerary includes
visits to three cities." |
|
36 |
Check-in (at hotel) |
рд╣ोрдЯेрд▓рдоा рджрд░्рддा (Hotelma Darta) |
"We can check in to the hotel
after 2 PM." |
|
37 |
Sightseeing |
рджрд░्рд╢рдиीрдп рд╕्рдерд▓
рд╣ेрд░्рдиु (Darshan─лya Sthal Hernu) |
"We'll go sightseeing
tomorrow morning." |
ЁЯПа
At Home / Daily Routine
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
38 |
Chore |
рдШрд░ेрд▓ु рдХाрдо
(Gharelu K─Бm) |
"Doing the dishes is my least
favorite chore." |
|
39 |
Grocery |
рдХिрд░ाрдиा рд╕ाрдоाрди (Kir─Бna S─Бm─Бn) |
"We need to buy groceries
this weekend." |
|
40 |
Leftovers |
рдмाँрдХी рдЦाрдиा
(B─Бnki Kh─Бn─Б) |
"We can eat leftovers for
lunch tomorrow." |
|
41 |
Landlord / Tenant |
рдШрд░рдмेрдЯी / рднाрдбाрджाрд░ (Gharbeс╣нi / Bh─Бd─Бd─Бr) |
"I need to pay the rent to my
landlord today." |
|
42 |
Fix / Repair |
рдорд░्рдордд рдЧрд░्рдиु (Marmat Garnu) |
"Can you fix the broken
tap?" |
ЁЯТм
General Useful Phrases
|
# |
Vocabulary
/ Phrase |
Meaning
in Nepali |
Example
Sentence |
|
43 |
It's up to you |
рдпो
рддрдкाрдИंрдоा рдиिрд░्рднрд░ рдЫ
(Yo Tap─Б─лm─Б Nirbhar Chha) |
"We can go out or stay home;
it's up to you." |
|
44 |
I'm running late |
рдо
рдвिрд▓ो
рднрдЗрд░рд╣ेрдХो рдЫु
(Ma Dhilo Bhairaheko Chhu) |
"I'm running late for the
meeting." |
|
45 |
Take it easy |
рдЖрд░ाрдо
рдЧрд░्рдиुрд╣ोрд╕् / рдЪिрди्рддा рдирд▓िрдиुрд╣ोрд╕् (─Аr─Бm Garnuhos / Chint─Б Nalinuhos) |
"You've worked hard all week;
take it easy this weekend." |
No comments:
Post a Comment