Monday, 10 August 2026

Useful Workplace Phrases in Nepali

Useful Workplace Phrases in Nepali

Useful workplace phrases in Nepali (with Romanized pronunciation) and English.

I have divided them into specific workplace scenarios so you can use them appropriately.


1. Starting a Conversation / Greetings

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

General greeting

Hello / Good morning.

Namaskar / Subha prabhat.

नमस्कार / शुभ प्रभात।

Asking how someone is

How are you?

Tapailai kasto cha?

तपाईंलाई कस्तो ?

Reply

I am fine.

Ma sanchai chu.

 सन्चै छु।

Meeting someone new

Nice to meet you.

Tapailai bhetera khusi lagyo.

तपाईंलाई भेटेर खुसी लाग्यो।

Asking about weekend

How was your weekend?

Tapainko weekend kasto rahyo?

तपाईंको विकेन्ड कस्तो रह्यो?


2. Giving & Receiving Instructions / Tasks

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

Giving a task

Please do this work.

Kripaya yo kaam garnus.

कृपया यो काम गर्नुस्।

Asking for clarification

Could you repeat that, please?

Kripaya feri bhannu huncha?

कृपया फेरि भन्नु हुन्छ?

Confirming receipt

I understand. / I got it.

Maile bujhye. / Maile paye.

मैले बुझें। / मैले पाएँ।

Asking for time

When is the deadline?

Yasko last date kahile ho?

यसको लास्ट डेट कहिले हो?

Prioritizing

This is urgent.

Yo atyanta jaroori cha.

यो अत्यन्त जरुरी छ।

Asking for help

Can you help me with this?

Ke tapai malai yo kaam ma sahayog garnus huncha?

के तपाईं मलाई यो काममा सहयोग गर्नु हुन्छ?


3. During Meetings & Presentations

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

Starting a meeting

Let’s start the meeting.

Abha meeting suru garau.

अब मिटिङ सुरु गरौं।

Asking for an opinion

What do you think?

Tapailai kasto lagcha?

तपाईंलाई कस्तो लाग्छ?

Agreeing

I agree with you.

Ma tapai sanga sahamat chu.

 तपाईंसँग सहमत छु।

Disagreeing politely

I have a different opinion.

Mero arkai raichha.

मेरो अर्कै राय छ।

Asking to speak

Can I say something?

Ke ma kehi bhanna sakchu?

के  केही भन्न सक्छु?

Clarifying

What I mean is...

Mero bhanai ko tatparya...

मेरो भनाइको तात्पर्य...

Closing a meeting

Let’s wrap up here.

Yahin sakau.

यहीं सकौं।


4. On the Phone / Virtual Calls

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

Answering

Hello, [Your Name] speaking.

Hello, [Name] boliraheko.

हेल्लो, [नामबोलिरहेको।

Asking for someone

Could I speak to [Name]?

Ke ma [Name] sanga kura garna sakchu?

के  [नाम]सँग कुरा गर्न सक्छु?

Bad connection

The line is breaking up.

Line ramro aaudaina.

लाइन राम्रो आउँदैन।

Can't hear

Can you speak louder?

Ali thulo swor ma bhannus na.

अलि ठूलो स्वरमा भन्नुस् न।

Call back

I will call you back later.

Ma pachi feri phone garuchu.

 पछि फेरि फोन गर्छु।


5. Customer Service / Dealing with Clients

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

Welcoming

Welcome to our office.

Hamro karyalaya ma swagat cha.

हाम्रो कार्यालयमा स्वागत छ।

Offering help

How can I help you?

Ma tapailai kasaari sahayog garna sakchu?

 तपाईंलाई कसरी सहयोग गर्न सक्छु?

Apologizing

I am really sorry for the delay.

Dhila bhayeko ma maaf pau.

ढिला भएकोमा माफ पाऊँ।

Giving bad news

Unfortunately, it is not available.

Durbhagya bhayera, yaha chhaiena.

दुर्भाग्य भएरयहाँ छैन।

Ending service

Thank you for your time.

Tapainko samaya ko lagi dhanyabad.

तपाईंको समयको लागि धन्यवाद।


6. Giving Feedback & Encouragement

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

Praising

You did a great job.

Tapai le ramro kaam garnu bhayo.

तपाईंले राम्रो काम गर्नुभयो।

Constructive feedback

Let’s try to do it differently next time.

Arko pali farkari garau.

अर्को पालि फरक गरी गरौं।

Motivating

Don't give up.

Himmat na harau.

हिम्मत नहारौं।

Asking about progress

How is the project going?

Project kasto chaliraheko cha?

प्रोजेक्ट कस्तो चलिरहेको ?

Checking understanding

Do you have any questions?

Ke tapailai kehi prashna haru chha?

के तपाईंलाई केही प्रश्नहरू छन्?


7. Office Small Talk / Informal

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

Lunch offer

Shall we go for lunch?

Khana khana jane?

खाना खान जाने?

Tea break

Let's have some tea.

Chia khanau.

चिया खाऔं।

Asking about family

How is your family?

Ghar ma sabai sanchai chhan?

घरमा सबै सन्चै छन्?

Leaving office

I am leaving now. Goodbye.

Ma ahile jadai chu. Namaskar.

 अहिले जाँदै छु। नमस्कार।

Tiredness

I am feeling tired today.

Aaja dherai thakya chu.

आज धेरै थाकेको छु।


8. Emergency / Tech Support

Situation

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali (Devanagari)

Internet issue

The Wi-Fi is not working.

Wi-Fi chaliraheko chaina.

वाइफाइ चलिरहेको छैन।

Computer issue

My computer is frozen.

Mero computer hang bhayeko cha.

मेरो कम्प्युटर ह्याङ्ग भएको छ।

Need a doctor

I need to go to the hospital.

Malai hospital jana parcha.

मलाई हस्पिटल जान पर्छ।

Forgotten password

I forgot my password.

Maile password birsiye.

मैले पासवर्ड बिर्सिएँ।

Need IT

Please call the IT department.

Kripaya IT department lai bolau.

कृपया आइटी डिपार्टमेन्टलाई बोलाउ।


💡 Pro-Tips for Mixing English & Nepali in the Workplace (Nepanglish)

In Nepali offices, people don't always speak pure Nepali. They mix English words in. Here is how locals actually speak:

Example 1

Instead of:
Kripaya yo kaam garnus.
(Pure Nepali)

Say:
Please yo kaam garnus.
(Mix)

Example 2

Instead of:
Project kasto chaliraheko cha?

Say:
Project kasto going on cha?

Example 3

Instead of:
Ma tapai sanga sahamat chu.

Say:
Ma tapai sanga agree chu.


Commonly Mixed Words

1.      Report pathaunu — Send the report.

2.      File tyaha rakhnu — Keep the file there.

3.      Meeting cha — There is a meeting.

4.      Update dinus — Give an update.

5.      Issue aayo — An issue came up.


⭐ Additional Common Workplace Nepanglish Expressions

Nepanglish

English Meaning

Nepali

Meeting cha.

There is a meeting.

मिटिङ छ।

Meeting kati baje cha?

What time is the meeting?

मिटिङ कति बजे ?

Report ready cha.

The report is ready.

रिपोर्ट तयार छ।

Report pathaunu parcha.

We need to send the report.

रिपोर्ट पठाउनु पर्छ।

Update dinus na.

Please give me an update.

अपडेट दिनुस् न।

File check garnus.

Please check the file.

फाइल चेक गर्नुस्।

Yo issue solve garnu parcha.

We need to solve this issue.

यो समस्या समाधान गर्नुपर्छ।

Deadline kahile ho?

When is the deadline?

डेडलाइन कहिले हो?

Maile email pathaisake.

I have already sent the email.

मैले इमेल पठाइसकेँ।

Please confirm garnus.

Please confirm.

कृपया पुष्टि गर्नुस्।

Maile confirm gare.

I confirmed it.

मैले पुष्टि गरेँ।

Ali wait garnus.

Please wait a little.

अलि पर्खनुस्।

Ma busy chu.

I am busy.

 व्यस्त छु।

Ma free chu.

I am free.

 फुर्सदमा छु।

Pachi kura garau.

Let's talk later.

पछि कुरा गरौं।

Maile bujhe.

I understood.

मैले बुझें।

Malai clear bhayena.

It wasn't clear to me.

मलाई स्पष्ट भएन।

Ekchoti explain garnus.

Please explain once.

एकचोटि बुझाइदिनुस्।

Kehi problem cha?

Is there any problem?

केही समस्या ?

No problem.

No problem.

कुनै समस्या छैन।

Thik cha.

Okay / That's fine.

ठीक छ।

Sure, garidinchu.

Sure, I'll do it.

पक्कागरिदिन्छु।

Ma herchu.

I'll look into it.

 हेर्छु।

Ma check garchu.

I'll check.

 जाँच गर्छु।

Ma tapailai update garchu.

I'll update you.

 तपाईंलाई जानकारी गराउँछु।

Yo urgent cha.

This is urgent.

यो जरुरी छ।

Yo priority ma rakhnus.

Please keep this as a priority.

यसलाई प्राथमिकतामा राख्नुस्।

Kaam sakiyo?

Is the work finished?

काम सकियो?

Kaam almost sakiyo.

The work is almost finished.

काम लगभग सकियो।

Ajhai baki cha.

It's still remaining.

अझै बाँकी छ।


🗣️ Useful Workplace Expressions to Sound Professional

Instead of saying:

"I don't know."

Say:

"I'm not sure, but I'll check and get back to you."
Malai sure chaina, tara ma check garera tapailai bhancha.
मलाई यकिन छैनतर  जाँच गरेर तपाईंलाई भन्छु।

Instead of saying:

"Wait."

Say:

"Could you please wait for a moment?"
Kripaya ekchin parkhinu huncha?
कृपया एकछिन पर्खिनु हुन्छ?

Instead of saying:

"Do this."

Say:

"Could you please take care of this?"
Kripaya yo heridinuhos.
कृपया यो हेरिदिनुहोस्।

Instead of saying:

"I can't do it."

Say:

"I'm afraid I won't be able to do it by then."
Malai lagcha tyo samay samma maile yo garna sakdina.
मलाई लाग्छ त्यो समयसम्म मैले यो गर्न सक्दिनँ।

Instead of saying:

"It's wrong."

Say:

"I think there may be a small issue here."
Malai lagcha yaha sano issue huna sakcha.
मलाई लाग्छ यहाँ सानो समस्या हुन सक्छ।


✅ Quick Workplace Vocabulary

English

Nepali (Romanized)

Nepali

Office

Karyalaya / Office

कार्यालय / अफिस

Manager

Manager

व्यवस्थापक / म्यानेजर

Employee

Karmachari

कर्मचारी

Customer

Grahak / Customer

ग्राहक / कस्टमर

Client

Client

सेवाग्राही / क्लाइन्ट

Meeting

Meeting

बैठक / मिटिङ

Report

Report

प्रतिवेदन / रिपोर्ट

File

File

फाइल

Project

Project

परियोजना / प्रोजेक्ट

Deadline

Deadline

अन्तिम समयसीमा / डेडलाइन

Task

Kaam / Task

काम / टास्क

Update

Jankari / Update

जानकारी / अपडेट

Issue

Samasya / Issue

समस्या / इश्यू

Schedule

Talika / Schedule

तालिका / सेड्युल

Target

Lakshya / Target

लक्ष्य / टार्गेट

Feedback

Pratikriya / Feedback

प्रतिक्रिया / फिडब्याक

Salary

Talab

तलब

Leave

Bida

बिदा

Permission

Anumati

अनुमति

Appointment

Bhetghat ko samaya

भेटघाटको समय


🌟 Key Rule for Workplace Communication

Be polite + be clear + be professional.

For example:

❌ Give me the file.
✅ Could you please send me the file?

❌ Wait.
✅ Could you please wait for a moment?

❌ I don't understand.
✅ Could you please explain that again?

❌ Do it quickly.
✅ Could you please prioritize this task?

❌ That's wrong.
✅ I think there may be a small issue here.

 

1. Delegating Work & Setting Expectations

Instead of just giving a task, these phrases set clear boundaries.

I am assigning this to you.

Ma yo kaam tapailai sumpchu.

 यो काम तपाईंलाई सुम्पन्छु।

"Ma yo task tapailai assign garchu. Please complete it by 5 pm."

Please prioritize this over everything else.

Kripaya aru sabai bhanda pahila yo kaam garnus.

कृपया अरु सबै भन्दा पहिला यो काम गर्नुस्।

"Aru sabai hold ma rakhnus. Yo priority number one ho."

I need this done yesterday.

Malai yo kaam dherai pahila nai chainthyo.

मलाई यो काम धेरै पहिला नै चाहिन्थ्यो।

"Bro, yo kaam already late bhaisakyo. Push gara na."

Don't hesitate to ask for help.

Sahayog ko lagi kichkina naparnus.

सहयोगको लागि किचकिन नपर्नुस्।

"If you get stuckreach out to me. Don't overthink."


2. Handling Mistakes & Problems

Using the right tone here saves your job and relationships.

I made a mistake on the report.

Maile report ma galti gare.

मैले रिपोर्टमा गल्ती गरे।

"Maile report ma error garechu. I will fix it right now."

Let's find a solution, not blame.

Dosha na dekhaau, samadhan khojau.

दोष नदेखाऔंसमाधान खोजौं।

"Let's not blame each other. Solution ma focus garau."

This was a miscommunication.

Yo bujhai ma samasya thiyo.

यो बुझाईमा समस्या थियो।

"Yo ta miscommunication rahechha. Maile assume garey, sorry."

I take full responsibility.

Ma yei ko puri jimma linchu.

 यसको पूरी जिम्मा लिन्छु।

"Ma responsible chu yesko. I will ensure it doesn't happen again."


3. Negotiation & Persuasion (Convincing your boss/client)

To disagree professionally or ask for better terms.

I see your point, but hear me out.

Ma tapai ko kura bujhchu, tara mero kura pani sunnu hos.

 तपाईंको कुरा बुझ्छुतर मेरो कुरा पनि सुन्नु होस्।

"I understand your concern, but let me explain my side."

We need more budget for this.

Yesko lagi dherai budget chaincha.

यसको लागि धेरै बजेट चाहिन्छ।

"Yo quality ma garna cha bhane, budget ali increase garnu parcha."

Let's compromise on this.

Yesma bich-ma milau.

यसमा बीचमा मिलाऔं।

"Let's do a middle ground. I'll take care of X, you handle Y."

Trust me on this decision.

Yo nirnay ma mero bharosa garnus.

यो निर्णयमा मेरो भरोसा गर्नुस्।

"Trust me on this. Maile dherai research gareko chu."


4. Emails & Written Communication (Phrases to type)

Phrases you will literally write in Outlook or Gmail.

Please find the attachment.

Kripya sangai pathaeko hernu hos.

कृपया सँगै पठाएको हेर्नु होस्।

"Please find the attachment for your reference."

I am looping in [Name] on this.

Ma [Name] lai pani yesma include garchu.

 [Name] लाई पनि यसमा इन्क्लुड गर्छु।

"Looping in Sir for his approval."

Just a gentle reminder.

Ek patak samjhaunu.

एक पटक सम्झाउनु।

"Gentle reminder for tomorrow's meeting."

I will get back to you shortly.

Ma chittai javaf diuchu.

 छिट्टै जवाफ दिन्छु।

"I am checking with the team. Will revert to you ASAP." (Note: "Revert" is heavily used in Nepal to mean "reply")

Please revert with your feedback.

Kripaya aafno raay diyera javaf dinus.

कृपया आफ्नो राय दिएर जवाफ दिनुस्।

"Please revert with your inputs."


5. Attending / Leaving Meetings Early

Professional phrases for when you are busy.

Can we reschedule this?

Ke yo punah tay garna sakchau?

के यो पुनः तय गर्न सक्छौं?

"I have a conflict. Can we reschedule for tomorrow?"

I have to drop off early.

Malai chado jana parcha.

मलाई चाँडो जान पर्छ।

"I have another commitment. I'll drop off in 10 minutes."

Let's stick to the agenda.

Hamro suchi ma matra adhiyera kura gau.

हाम्रो सूचीमा मात्र अडिएर कुरा गरौं।

"Time sakidai cha. Let's stick to the agenda."

Let's take this offline.

Yo kura pachi garaula.

यो कुरा पछि गरौंला।

"Yo topic dherai lambiyo. Let's take this offline."


6. Water-Cooler / Canteen Talk (Informal)

How to bond with colleagues in a mixed-language setting.

You look tired, are you okay?

Timi thakeko dekhinchau, sanchai chhau?

तिमी थाकेको देखिन्छौसन्चै छौ?

"Heavy dekhinchau yaar. Did you pull an all-nighter?"

Let's order something to eat.

Kehi khana magau.

केही खाना मगाऔं।

"Khaja magau. I am starving."

How was the traffic today?

Aaja traffic kasto thiyo?

आज ट्राफिक कस्तो थियो?

"Traffic ma dherai stuck bhayechu. That's why I'm late."

Did you see the boss's mood?

Saab ko mood kasto cha?

साबको मूड कस्तो ?

"Boss ko mood aaja kasto cha? Is he angry?"

Let's plan a team outing.

Team ghumna jane plan garau.

टिम घुम्न जाने प्लान गरौं।

"This weekend off cha. Let's do a team lunch somewhere."

7. Explaining Technical / Work Jargon (Translations)

When you need to explain a concept to a non-English speaker.

Deadline

Antim samaya (Last time)

अन्तिम समय

"Yasko deadline Friday ho" (or) "Yas ko antim samaya Friday ho."

Backup

Pachhi ko yojana (Plan B)

पछिको योजना

"Data ko backup rakhnus" (or) "Pachhi ko yojana rakhnus."

Target / KPI

Lakshya (Goal)

लक्ष्य

"Hamro monthly target 5 lakh ho."

Draft

Khusro masyau (Rough copy)

खुस्रो मस्यौ

"Draft pathau, ma edit garera final pathauchu."

Brainstorming

Soch-vimarsh (Thinking together)

सोच-विमर्श

"Brainstorming session rakham."


Could you speak more slowly?

Ali bistarai bhannus?

अलि बिस्तारै भन्नुस्?

"Sorry, ma ali slow ma bujhchu. Bistarai bhannus."

What does this abbreviation mean?

Yo chhoto naam ko ke ho?

यो छोटो नामको के हो?

"Yo FYI vaneko ke ho?" (FYI = For Your Information)

I am new here, please guide me.

Ma naya chu, kripaya margadarshan garnus.

 नयाँ छुकृपया मार्गदर्शन गर्नुस्।

"Ma naya joiner hu. Please guide me through this process."

Can I take a day off tomorrow?

Ke ma bholi bida paunchu?

के  भोली बिदा पाउँछु?

"Sir, malai bholi leave chahiyo. Can I apply for earned leave?"

8. Extremely Useful Survival Phrases

Phrases for when you are completely lost.

 

50 full, practical sentences mixing English and Nepali (Nepanglish) exactly as they are spoken in real Nepali workplaces.

I have categorized them so you can see the phrases in action.


A. Greetings, Meetings & Starting Work (1–10)

1.      Good morning everyone, let’s start today’s meeting.
Good morning sabailai, aaja ko meeting suru garau.

2.      How are you all? Did you have a good weekend?
Sabai lai kasto cha? Weekend ramro bhayena?

3.      I am fine, but I am feeling very tired today.
Ma sanchai chu, tara aaja dherai tired bhayechu.

4.      Let’s quickly go through the agenda for today.
Aaja ko agenda chito herau.

5.      Please take your seats; we are starting late.
Kripaya sit garnus; hamile late suru gardai chau.

6.      Who is taking the minutes of this meeting?
Yesko minutes kasle note garcha?

7.      Can we reschedule this for tomorrow morning?
Ke yo bholi bihana reschedule garna sakchau?

8.      I have a conflict at 3 PM, so let’s take this offline.
Mero 3 baje conflict cha, so yo kura pachi garaula.

9.      Let’s stick to the agenda; time sakidai cha.
Time sakidai cha, agenda ma matra focus garau.

10. Let’s wrap up here and continue tomorrow.
Yahin sakau, ani bholi continue garau.


B. Giving Tasks, Instructions & Deadlines (11–20)

11. I am assigning this task to you for today.
Ma yo task aaja tapailai assign garchu.

12. Please complete this report by 5 PM sharp.
Yo report 5 baje samma complete garnus.

13. This is very urgent; please prioritize this over everything else.
Yo dherai urgent cha; aru sabai hold ma rakhera yo garnus.

14. What is the deadline for this project?
Yesko deadline kahile ho?

15. I need this done yesterday; it is already late.
Malai yo dherei pahila nai chahinthyo; it’s already delayed.

16. Could you send me the draft before lunch?
Khana agadi malai draft pathaidinu na.

17. Please double-check the figures before finalizing.
Finalize garnu bhanda agadi figures feri check garnus.

18. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you get stuck.
If you get stuck, help magna kichkina naparnus.

19. Can you handle this client directly from now on?
Ke tapai aile dekhi yo client direct handle garna saknu huncha?

20. I am looping in the IT department for this issue.
Yesko lagi ma IT department lai loop ma rakhchu.


C. Asking for Clarification & Help (21–30)

21. Could you repeat that, please? I didn't catch it.
Kripaya feri bhannus; maile catch garna sakena.

22. Could you speak more slowly? I am new here.
Ali bistarai bhannus? Ma naya joiner hu.

23. What does this abbreviation mean in this context?
Yo abbreviation le yaha ke jancha?

24. I don’t understand; can you explain it in simple Nepali?
Maile bujhina; simple Nepali ma explain garnus na.

25. Can you help me with this heavy file?
Ke tapai malai yo heavy file ma help garnus huncha?

26. I forgot my password; can I reset it?
Maile password birsiye; ke ma reset garna sakchu?

27. The Wi-Fi is not working; what should I do now?
Wi-Fi chaliraheko chaina; aile ke garnu?

28. My computer has frozen; please call the IT department.
Mero computer hang bhayeko cha; IT lai call garnus na.

29. Could you show me how to do this process once?
Yeuta choti yo process kasaari garne dekhaidinu na?

30. I am totally lost on this; please guide me.
Ma yesma totally lost chu; please margadarshan garnus.


D. Apologizing, Mistakes & Problems (31–37)

31. I am really sorry for the delay in replying.
Reply ma dhila bhayeko ma dherai maaf chahanchu.

32. I made a mistake in the Excel sheet; I will fix it now.
Excel sheet ma maile mistake garechu; ahile nai fix garchu.

33. This was a miscommunication between our teams.
Yo hamro team bich ko miscommunication rahechha.

34. I take full responsibility for this error.
Yo error ko ma puri jimma linchu.

35. Let’s find a solution instead of blaming each other.
Ek arka lai dosha nadai solution khojau.

36. The internet is down; I will call you back later.
Internet down cha; ma pachi feri call garchu.

37. I need to go to the hospital for an emergency.
Emergency ma malai hospital jana parcha.


E. Feedback, Encouragement & Persuasion (38–45)

38. You did a great job on the presentation yesterday.
Hijo ko presentation ma tapai le ekdum ramro kaam garnu bhayo.

39. I agree with your point, but let me explain my side.
Ma tapai ko kura sanga agree chu, tara mero side ni sunnu hos.

40. I have a different opinion on this strategy.
Yo strategy ma mero chai arko raay cha.

41. Trust me on this decision; I have done the research.
Yo nirnay ma mero bharosa garnus; maile research gareko chu.

42. We need to increase the budget for this quality.
Yo quality ko lagi budget increase garnu parcha.

43. Let's compromise on this and find a middle ground.
Yesma compromise garau ra bich ko bato khojau.

44. Don’t give up; you are almost there.
Himmat na harau; you are almost done.

45. I appreciate your hard work on this project.
Yo project ma tapai ko mehanat ko ma appreciate garchu.


F. Virtual Calls, Phone & Emails (46–50)

46. Hello, this is [Name] speaking from the accounts team.
Hello, accounts team bata [Name] boliraheko chu.

47. Could I speak to the HR manager, please?
Ke ma HR manager sanga kura garna sakchu?

48. The line is breaking up; can you speak a little louder?
Line ramro aaudaina; ali thulo swor ma bhannus na.

49. Please find the attachment for your reference.
Kripaya attachment hernu hos for your reference.

50. Just a gentle reminder for tomorrow's client meeting.
Bholi ko client meeting ko lagi gentle reminder.


🧠 Bonus: 5 Extra "Survival" Sentences for Daily Use

51. I am leaving now; see you all tomorrow.
Ma ahile jadai chu; bholi bhetaula.

52. Shall we go for lunch together?
Sangai khana khana jane?

53. The boss’s mood is not good today; be careful.
Aaja boss ko mood ramro chaina; careful hunu.

54. Can I take a leave on Friday?
Ke ma shukrabar leave paunchu?

55. Please revert with your feedback by evening.
Beluka samma feedback diyera revert garnus.

 

50 Fill-in-the-Blank Questions (Pure English)

Instructions: Choose the correct option from the brackets to complete each sentence.


1. "Good morning everyone, let's _____ today's meeting."
(start / end / cancel)

2. "I am _____ this task to you today."
(assigning / deleting / ignoring)

3. "Please _____ this report by 5 PM."
(complete / start / hide)

4. "Keep everything else on _____ and do this first."
(hold / top / bottom)

5. "What is the _____ for this?"
(deadline / budget / client)

6. "I am _____ this work to you."
(handing over / taking / eating)

7. "If you get _____, don't hesitate to ask for help."
(stuck / free / happy)

8. "I made an _____ in the report."
(error / party / lunch)

9. "This was a _____ between us."
(miscommunication / celebration / training)

10. "I take full _____ for this."
(responsibility / food / money)

11. "I _____ with your point."
(agree / disagree / sleep)

12. "But please listen to my _____ as well."
(side / plate / house)

13. "Let's find a _____ ground."
(middle / top / bottom)

14. "_____ me on this decision."
(Trust / Pay / Give)

15. "I have done a lot of _____ on this."
(research / shopping / driving)

16. "Please see the _____ for your reference."
(attachment / lunch / car)

17. "I am _____ in the IT team on this email."
(looping / sleeping / eating)

18. "Just a _____ reminder for tomorrow's meeting."
(gentle / harsh / loud)

19. "I will get _____ to you shortly."
(back / forward / out)

20. "Please _____ with your feedback."
(revert / sleep / run)

21. "Can we _____ this for tomorrow morning?"
(reschedule / cancel / approve)

22. "I have a _____ at 3 PM."
(conflict / meeting / lunch)

23. "Let's take this _____."
(offline / online / outside)

24. "Time is running out, so let's focus on the _____."
(agenda / weather / food)

25. "Let's _____ here and continue tomorrow."
(wrap up / eat / leave)

26. "This is very _____; please prioritize it."
(urgent / funny / slow)

27. "Can I handle this client _____ from now on?"
(directly / indirectly / never)

28. "I am keeping the IT department in the _____ on this."
(loop / back / front)

29. "Please _____ that; I didn't catch it."
(repeat / go / eat)

30. "Please speak a little _____; I am a new joiner."
(slower / faster / louder)

31. "I _____ my password; can I reset it?"
(forgot / found / learned)

32. "The Wi-Fi is _____; what should I do now?"
(not working / working / great)

33. "My computer has _____."
(frozen / speeded up / restarted)

34. "Please _____ the IT department."
(call / ignore / fire)

35. "I am totally _____ on this."
(lost / found / expert)

36. "I am very _____ for the delay in replying."
(sorry / happy / ready)

37. "I will _____ it right now."
(fix / break / make)

38. "Instead of blaming each other, let's find a _____."
(solution / problem / reason)

39. "The internet is _____; I will call you back later."
(down / up / fast)

40. "You did a really _____ job on yesterday's presentation."
(good / bad / average)

41. "I have a different _____ on this strategy."
(opinion / book / phone)

42. "We need to _____ the budget for this quality."
(increase / decrease / ignore)

43. "Let's _____ on this and find a middle path."
(compromise / sleep / fight)

44. "Don't _____ up; you are almost done."
(give / hold / eat)

45. "I really _____ your hard work on this project."
(appreciate / ignore / forget)

46. "This is [Name] _____ from the accounts team."
(speaking / sleeping / eating)

47. "Can I speak _____ the HR manager?"
(with / without / above)

48. "The line is bad; please speak in a _____ voice."
(louder / softer / sweeter)

49. "Just a _____ reminder for tomorrow's client meeting."
(gentle / loud / strong)

50. "I am _____ now; see you all tomorrow."
(leaving / sleeping / eating)


Answer Key with Short Reasons

Q.No.Correct AnswerShort Reason

1

start

"Start the meeting" is the standard opening phrase.

2

assigning

"Assigning a task" means giving it to someone.

3

complete

You "complete" a report by a deadline.

4

hold

"On hold" means postponing other tasks.

5

deadline

"Deadline" refers to the final submission time.

6

handing over

"Handing over" means transferring responsibility.

7

stuck

You ask for help only when you are "stuck."

8

error

You make an "error" or mistake in a report.

9

miscommunication

This means the message was misunderstood.

10

responsibility

"Take responsibility" means owning the outcome.

11

agree

"Agree" means you share the same view.

12

side

"My side" means my perspective or argument.

13

middle

"Middle ground" means a compromise position.

14

Trust

"Trust me" asks for confidence in your decision.

15

research

You do "research" to make informed decisions.

16

attachment

"Attachment" is the file sent with an email.

17

looping

"Looping in" means adding someone to the conversation.

18

gentle

A "gentle reminder" is a polite nudge.

19

back

"Get back" means to reply or return with an answer.

20

revert

In offices, "revert" means "reply back."

21

reschedule

To "reschedule" means to change the time/date.

22

conflict

A "conflict" means two appointments overlap.

23

offline

"Take it offline" means discussing it later.

24

agenda

The "agenda" is the list of topics to cover.

25

wrap up

"Wrap up" means to end or finish.

26

urgent

"Urgent" requires immediate attention.

27

directly

"Directly" means without a middleman.

28

loop

"In the loop" means included in communication.

29

repeat

"Repeat" means say it again.

30

slower

"Slower" helps you understand better.

31

forgot

"Forgot" means you cannot remember it.

32

not working

This means the Wi-Fi is down or broken.

33

frozen

"Frozen" means the computer is stuck/hanging.

34

call

You "call" IT for technical help.

35

lost

"Totally lost" means you don't understand.

36

sorry

You say "sorry" to apologize for a delay.

37

fix

"Fix" means to correct or repair the mistake.

38

solution

Instead of blaming, you look for a "solution."

39

down

"Down" means the internet is disconnected.

40

good

"Good job" is used for praising someone.

41

opinion

A "different opinion" means a different view.

42

increase

Quality requires you to "increase" the budget.

43

compromise

To "compromise" means to meet in the middle.

44

give

"Don't give up" means don't lose hope.

45

appreciate

To "appreciate" means to value someone's effort.

46

speaking

"Speaking" is used when introducing yourself on a call.

47

with

"Speak with" means to talk to someone.

48

louder

"Louder voice" helps when the line is bad.

49

gentle

A "gentle reminder" is polite, not aggressive.

50

leaving

"Leaving" means you are going home or exiting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

English Language

 English Language  1. Talking to Elders / Senior Relatives (Formal & Respectful) Always use "Tapai" (you) and "Hajur...