Compound Sentences Using FANBOYS (Coordinating Conjunctions)
A compound sentence joins two
independent clauses (each can stand alone as a sentence) using a coordinating
conjunction.
Structure:
Independent Clause + , + FANBOYS
+ Independent Clause
Example:
I was tired, but I finished
my homework.
ЁЯФС
FANBOYS – The 7 Coordinating Conjunctions
|
FANBOYS |
Conjunction |
Nepali
Meaning |
Function |
|
F |
For |
рдХिрдирднрдиे / рдХाрд░рдгрд▓े |
Shows reason/cause |
|
A |
And |
рд░ |
Adds information |
|
N |
Nor |
рди
рдд
/ рд░
рдкрдиि
рд╣ोрдЗрди |
Adds a negative idea |
|
B |
But |
рддрд░
/ рддрдеाрдкि |
Shows contrast |
|
O |
Or |
рд╡ा
/ рдЕрдерд╡ा |
Shows choice/alternative |
|
Y |
Yet |
рддैрдкрдиि / рддрд░
рдкрдиि |
Shows unexpected contrast |
|
S |
So |
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े / рдд्рдпрд╕рдХाрд░рдг |
Shows result/consequence |
ЁЯУЭ
Detailed Explanation with Nepali & Examples
1.
FOR – рдХिрдирднрдиे / рдХाрд░рдгрд▓े (Reason)
Use: Introduces a reason or cause. It is similar to
"because."
Nepali: рдпрд╕рд▓े
рдХाрд░рдг
рджेрдЦाрдЙँрдЫ।
Examples:
|
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
She stayed home, for she
was sick. |
рдЙрдиी
рдШрд░рдоै
рдмрд╕िрди्, рдХिрдирднрдиे рдЙрдиी
рдмिрд░ाрдоी рдеिрдЗрди्। |
|
He was happy, for he passed
the exam. |
рдЙрдиी
рдЦुрд╕ी
рдеिрдП,
рдХिрдирднрдиे рдЙрдирд▓े
рдкрд░ीрдХ्рд╖ा рдкाрд╕
рдЧрд░े। |
|
I didn't go out, for it was
raining. |
рдо
рдмाрд╣िрд░ рдЧрдЗрдиँ,
рдХिрдирднрдиे рдкाрдиी
рдкрд░िрд░рд╣ेрдХो рдеिрдпो। |
⚠️ Note: "For" as a
conjunction is formal and mostly used in writing.
2.
AND – рд░ (Addition)
Use: Adds similar or additional information.
Nepali: рдпрд╕рд▓े
рдердк
рдЬाрдирдХाрд░ी рдЬोрдб्рдЫ।
Examples:
|
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
I like tea, and she likes
coffee. |
рдорд▓ाрдИ
рдЪिрдпा
рдорди
рдкрд░्рдЫ,
рд░
рдЙрдирд▓ाрдИ рдХрдлी
рдорди
рдкрд░्рдЫ। |
|
He studied hard, and he
passed. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдоेрд╣рдирдд рдЧрд░े,
рд░
рдЙрдиी
рдкाрд╕
рднрдП। |
|
We can go to the park, and
we can play football. |
рд╣ाрдоी
рдкाрд░्рдХ рдЬाрди
рд╕рдХ्рдЫौं, рд░
рдлुрдЯрдмрд▓ рдЦेрд▓्рди рд╕рдХ्рдЫौं। |
3.
NOR – рди рдд / рд░ рдкрдиि рд╣ोрдЗрди (Negative Addition)
Use: Adds a second negative idea. It follows a negative clause
and requires inversion (verb before subject).
Nepali: рдпрд╕рд▓े
рдЕрд░्рдХो
рдирдХाрд░ाрдд्рдордХ рдХुрд░ा
рдЬोрдб्рдЫ।
Examples:
|
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
She doesn't like tea, nor
does she like coffee. |
рдЙрдирд▓ाрдИ рдЪिрдпा
рдорди
рдкрд░्рджैрди, рди
рдд
рдХрдлी
рдорди
рдкрд░्рдЫ। |
|
He can't sing, nor can he
dance. |
рдЙрдиी
рдЧाрдЙрди
рд╕рдХ्рджैрдирди्, рди
рдд
рдиाрдЪ्рди рд╕рдХ्рдЫрди्। |
|
I have never been to Japan, nor
have I been to Korea. |
рдо
рдХрд╣िрд▓्рдпै рдЬाрдкाрди рдЧрдПрдХो
рдЫैрди,
рди
рдд
рдХोрд░िрдпा рдЧрдПрдХो
рдЫु। |
⚠️ Note: After
"nor," the auxiliary verb comes before the subject.
4.
BUT – рддрд░ / рддрдеाрдкि (Contrast)
Use: Shows a contrast or difference between two ideas.
Nepali: рдпрд╕рд▓े
рд╡िрдкрд░ीрдд
рд╡िрдЪाрд░
рджेрдЦाрдЙँрдЫ।
Examples:
|
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
I wanted to go, but I was
too tired. |
рдо
рдЬाрди
рдЪाрд╣рди्рдеें, рддрд░
рдо
рдзेрд░ै
рдердХिрдд
рдеिрдПँ। |
|
She is rich, but she is not
happy. |
рдЙрдиी
рдзрдиी
рдЫिрди्,
рддрд░
рдЙрдиी
рдЦुрд╕ी
рдЫैрдиिрди्। |
|
He studied hard, but he
failed. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдоेрд╣рдирдд рдЧрд░े,
рддрд░
рдЙрдиी
рдлेрд▓
рднрдП। |
5.
OR – рд╡ा / рдЕрдерд╡ा (Choice / Alternative)
Use: Shows a choice between two options.
Nepali: рдпрд╕рд▓े
рд╡िрдХрд▓्рдк
рд╡ा
рдЫрдиोрдЯ
рджेрдЦाрдЙँрдЫ।
Examples:
|
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
Would you like tea, or
would you prefer coffee? |
рддрдкाрдИं рдЪिрдпा
рдЪाрд╣рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ, рд╡ा
рдХрдлी
рд░ुрдЪाрдЙрдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ? |
|
You can walk, or you can
take a taxi. |
рддрдкाрдИं рд╣िँрдб्рди рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ, рд╡ा
рдЯ्рдпाрдХ्рд╕ी рд▓िрди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ। |
|
Study hard, or you will
fail. |
рдоेрд╣рдирдд рдЧрд░्рдиुрд╣ोрд╕्, рд╡ा
рддрдкाрдИं рдлेрд▓
рд╣ुрдиुрд╣ुрдиेрдЫ। |
6.
YET – рддैрдкрдиि / рддрд░ рдкрдиि (Unexpected Contrast)
Use: Shows a contrast that is surprising or unexpected. Similar
to "but" but stronger.
Nepali: рдпрд╕рд▓े
рдЖрд╢्рдЪрд░्рдпрдЬрдирдХ рд╡िрдкрд░ीрддрддा рджेрдЦाрдЙँрдЫ।
Examples:
|
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
He is old, yet he runs
fast. |
рдЙрдиी
рд╡ृрдж्рдз рдЫрди्,
рддैрдкрдиि рдЙрдиी
рдЫिрдЯो
рджौрдбрди्рдЫрди्। |
|
She was tired, yet she kept
working. |
рдЙрдиी
рдердХिрдд
рдеिрдЗрди्, рддैрдкрдиि рдЙрдирд▓े
рдХाрдо
рдЬाрд░ी
рд░ाрдЦिрди्। |
|
The task was difficult, yet
he completed it. |
рдХाрдо
рдЧाрд╣्рд░ो рдеिрдпो,
рддैрдкрдиि рдЙрдирд▓े
рдкूрд░ा
рдЧрд░े। |
7.
SO – рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े / рдд्рдпрд╕рдХाрд░рдг (Result / Consequence)
Use: Shows a result or effect of the first clause.
Nepali: рдпрд╕рд▓े
рдирддिрдЬा
рд╡ा
рдкрд░िрдгाрдо
рджेрдЦाрдЙँрдЫ।
Examples:
|
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
It was raining, so we
stayed inside. |
рдкाрдиी
рдкрд░िрд░рд╣ेрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рд╣ाрдоी
рднिрдд्рд░ рдмрд╕्рдпौं। |
|
She was hungry, so she
ordered pizza. |
рдЙрдиी
рднोрдХी
рдеिрдЗрди्, рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рдЙрдирд▓े
рдкिрдЬ्рдЬा рдЕрд░्рдбрд░ рдЧрд░िрди्। |
|
He missed the bus, so he
was late. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдмрд╕
рдЫुрдЯाрдП, рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рдЙрдиी
рдвिрд▓ो
рднрдП। |
ЁЯза
Quick Summary Table
|
FANBOYS |
Nepali
Meaning |
Function |
Example |
|
For |
рдХिрдирднрдиे |
Reason |
She cried, for she was sad. |
|
And |
рд░ |
Addition |
I sang, and she danced. |
|
Nor |
рди
рдд |
Negative addition |
He can't read, nor can he
write. |
|
But |
рддрд░ |
Contrast |
I tried, but I failed. |
|
Or |
рд╡ा |
Choice |
Tea or coffee? |
|
Yet |
рддैрдкрдиि |
Unexpected contrast |
He's rich, yet unhappy. |
|
So |
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े |
Result |
It rained, so we stayed
home. |
✍️ Practice Exercise
Combine each pair of sentences using
the correct FANBOYS:
1.
She was tired. She finished her
work. (contrast)
2.
It was hot. We went swimming. (result)
3.
He doesn't eat meat. He doesn't eat
fish. (negative addition)
4.
You can pay cash. You can pay by
card. (choice)
5.
I like music. I like dancing. (addition)
Answers:
1.
She was tired, but/yet she
finished her work.
2.
It was hot, so we went
swimming.
3.
He doesn't eat meat, nor does
he eat fish.
4.
You can pay cash, or you can
pay by card.
5.
I like music, and I like
dancing.
60 New Compound Sentence Examples Using FANBOYS
These 60 new compound sentence
examples use FANBOYS, organized by everyday situations so you
can see how they work in real life. Each sentence includes the Nepali
meaning.
ЁЯПа
1. At Home & Daily Routine (1–10)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
1 |
I woke up early, and I made
breakfast. |
рдо
рдмिрд╣ाрди рдЪाँрдбै рдЙрдаें,
рд░
рдоैрд▓े
рдмिрд╣ाрдирдХो рдЦाрдиा
рдмрдиाрдПँ। |
|
2 |
She cleaned the room, for
guests were coming. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдХोрдаा
рд╕рдлा
рдЧрд░िрди्, рдХिрдирднрдиे рдкाрд╣ुрдиा рдЖрдЙँрджै рдеिрдП। |
|
3 |
I was sleepy, yet I
finished my chores. |
рдорд▓ाрдИ
рдиिрдж्рд░ा рд▓ाрдЧेрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рддैрдкрдиि рдоैрд▓े
рдШрд░рдХो
рдХाрдо
рд╕рдХें। |
|
4 |
The milk was spoiled, so I
threw it away. |
рджूрдз
рдмिрдЧ्рд░िрдПрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рдоैрд▓े
рдлाрд▓िрджिрдПँ। |
|
5 |
You can watch TV, or you
can read a book. |
рддिрдоी
рдЯिрднी
рд╣ेрд░्рди рд╕рдХ्рдЫौ, рд╡ा
рдХिрддाрдм рдкрдв्рди
рд╕рдХ्рдЫौ। |
|
6 |
He didn't wash the dishes, nor
did he sweep the floor. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рднाँрдбा рдоाрдЭेрдирди्, рди
рдд
рднुрдЗँ
рд╕рдлा
рдЧрд░े। |
|
7 |
I wanted to rest, but my
mother called me. |
рдо
рдЖрд░ाрдо
рдЧрд░्рди
рдЪाрд╣рди्рдеें, рддрд░
рдЖрдоाрд▓े рдмोрд▓ाрдЙрдиुрднрдпो। |
|
8 |
The power went out, so we
lit candles. |
рдмिрдЬुрд▓ी рдЧрдпो,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рд╣ाрдоीрд▓े рдоैрдирдмрдд्рддी рдмाрд▓्рдпौं। |
|
9 |
She cooked dinner, and I
set the table. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдмेрд▓ुрдХाрдХो рдЦाрдиा
рдкрдХाрдЗрди्, рд░
рдоैрд▓े
рдЯेрдмрд▓
рдоिрд▓ाрдПँ। |
|
10 |
It was late, for the clock
struck midnight. |
рдвिрд▓ो
рднрдЗрд╕рдХेрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рдХिрдирднрдиे рдШрдбीрд▓े рдордз्рдпрд░ाрдд рдмрдЬाрдпो। |
ЁЯОУ
2. At School & Study (11–20)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
11 |
I studied hard, so I passed
the exam. |
рдоैрд▓े
рдоेрд╣рдирдд рдЧрд░ें,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рдкрд░ीрдХ्рд╖ा рдкाрд╕
рдЧрд░ें। |
|
12 |
She was absent, for she was
sick. |
рдЙрдиी
рдЕрдиुрдкрд╕्рдеिрдд рдеिрдЗрди्, рдХिрдирднрдиे рдЙрдиी
рдмिрд░ाрдоी рдеिрдЗрди्। |
|
13 |
He didn't do his homework, nor
did he bring his book. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдЧृрд╣рдХाрд░्рдп рдЧрд░ेрдирди्, рди
рдд
рдХिрддाрдм рд▓्рдпाрдП। |
|
14 |
You can submit it today, or
you can submit it tomorrow. |
рддिрдоी
рдЖрдЬ
рдмुрдЭाрдЙрди рд╕рдХ्рдЫौ, рд╡ा
рднोрд▓ि
рдмुрдЭाрдЙрди рд╕рдХ्рдЫौ। |
|
15 |
The lesson was difficult, yet
I understood it. |
рдкाрда
рдЧाрд╣्рд░ो рдеिрдпो,
рддैрдкрдиि рдоैрд▓े
рдмुрдЭें। |
|
16 |
I wanted to ask a question, but
the bell rang. |
рдо
рдк्рд░рд╢्рди рд╕ोрдз्рди рдЪाрд╣рди्рдеें, рддрд░
рдШрдг्рдЯी рдмрдЬ्рдпो। |
|
17 |
She took notes, and she
recorded the lecture. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдиोрдЯ
рд▓िрдЗрди्, рд░
рд▓ेрдХ्рдЪрд░ рд░ेрдХрд░्рдб рдЧрд░िрди्। |
|
18 |
I forgot my pen, so I
borrowed one from a friend. |
рдоैрд▓े
рдХрд▓рдо
рдмिрд░्рд╕ें, рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рд╕ाрдеीрдмाрдЯ рдЙрдзाрд░ो рд▓िрдПँ। |
|
19 |
He is intelligent, but he
is lazy. |
рдЙрдиी
рдмुрдж्рдзिрдоाрди् рдЫрди्,
рддрд░
рдЕрд▓्рдЫी рдЫрди्। |
|
20 |
Study regularly, or you
will fall behind. |
рдиिрдпрдоिрдд рдкрдв,
рд╡ा
рддिрдоी
рдкрдЫि
рдкрд░्рдиेрдЫौ। |
ЁЯТ╝
3. At Work & Office (21–30)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
21 |
I finished the report, and
I sent it to my boss. |
рдоैрд▓े
рд░िрдкोрд░्рдЯ рд╕рдХें,
рд░
рдоाрд▓िрдХрд▓ाрдИ рдкрдаाрдПँ। |
|
22 |
She was late, for the
traffic was terrible. |
рдЙрдиी
рдвिрд▓ो
рднрдЗрди्,
рдХिрдирднрдиे рдЯ्рд░ाрдлिрдХ рдирд░ाрдо्рд░ो рдеिрдпो। |
|
23 |
He didn't attend the meeting, nor
did he inform anyone. |
рдЙрдиी
рдмैрдардХрдоा рдЖрдПрдирди्, рди
рдд
рдХрд╕ैрд▓ाрдИ рдЬाрдирдХाрд░ी рджिрдП। |
|
24 |
You can work from home, or
you can come to the office. |
рддрдкाрдИं рдШрд░рдмाрдЯ рдХाрдо
рдЧрд░्рди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ, рд╡ा
рдЕрдлिрд╕
рдЖрдЙрди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ। |
|
25 |
The deadline was tight, yet
we completed the project. |
рд╕рдордпрд╕ीрдоा рдХрдбा
рдеिрдпो,
рддैрдкрдиि рд╣ाрдоीрд▓े рдкрд░िрдпोрдЬрдиा рдкूрд░ा
рдЧрд░्рдпौं। |
|
26 |
I wanted a raise, but the
company had no budget. |
рдорд▓ाрдИ
рддрд▓рдм
рдмрдвाрдЙрди рдЪाрд╣рди्рдеें, рддрд░
рдХрдо्рдкрдиीрд╕ँрдЧ рдмрдЬेрдЯ
рдеिрдПрди। |
|
27 |
She trained the new staff, and
she wrote the manual. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдирдпाँ
рдХрд░्рдордЪाрд░ीрд▓ाрдИ рддाрд▓िрдо рджिрдЗрди्, рд░
рдо्рдпाрдиुрдЕрд▓ рд▓ेрдЦिрди्। |
|
28 |
The computer crashed, so I
lost my work. |
рдХрдо्рдк्рдпुрдЯрд░ рдмिрдЧ्рд░िрдпो, рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рдоेрд░ो
рдХाрдо
рд╣рд░ाрдпो। |
|
29 |
He is experienced, but he
lacks confidence. |
рдЙрдиी
рдЕрдиुрднрд╡ी рдЫрди्,
рддрд░
рдЖрдд्рдорд╡िрд╢्рд╡ाрд╕рдХो рдХрдоी
рдЫ। |
|
30 |
Apply now, or you will miss
the opportunity. |
рдЕрд╣िрд▓े рдЖрд╡ेрджрди рджिрдиुрд╣ोрд╕्, рд╡ा
рдЕрд╡рд╕рд░
рдЧुрдоाрдЙрдиुрд╣ुрдиेрдЫ। |
ЁЯЫТ
4. Shopping & Money (31–40)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
31 |
The shirt was expensive, so
I didn't buy it. |
рд╕рд░्рдЯ
рдорд╣ँрдЧो рдеिрдпो,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рдоैрд▓े
рдХिрдиिрдиँ। |
|
32 |
She bought vegetables, and
she bought fruits. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рддрд░рдХाрд░ी рдХिрдиिрди्, рд░
рдлрд▓рдлूрд▓ рдкрдиि
рдХिрдиिрди्। |
|
33 |
I didn't have cash, nor did
I have a card. |
рдорд╕ँрдЧ
рдирдЧрдж
рдеिрдПрди,
рди
рдд
рдХाрд░्рдб рдеिрдпो। |
|
34 |
You can pay in cash, or you
can use mobile banking. |
рддрдкाрдИं рдирдЧрджрдоा рддिрд░्рди рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ, рд╡ा
рдоोрдмाрдЗрд▓ рдмैंрдХिрдЩ рдк्рд░рдпोрдЧ рдЧрд░्рди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ। |
|
35 |
The shoes were nice, yet
they were too small. |
рдЬुрдд्рддा рд░ाрдо्рд░ो рдеिрдпो,
рддैрдкрдиि рдзेрд░ै
рд╕ाрдиो
рдеिрдпो। |
|
36 |
I wanted the red one, but
it was out of stock. |
рдорд▓ाрдИ
рд░ाрддो
рдЪाрд╣िрдПрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рддрд░
рд╕्рдЯрдХ
рд╕рдХिрдПрдХो рдеिрдпो। |
|
37 |
He compared the prices, and
he chose the cheapest. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдоूрд▓्рдп рддुрд▓рдиा рдЧрд░े,
рд░
рд╕рдмैрднрди्рджा рд╕рд╕्рддो рд░ोрдЬे। |
|
38 |
The market was crowded, so
we left early. |
рдмрдЬाрд░
рднीрдбрднाрдб рдеिрдпो,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рд╣ाрдоी
рдЪाँрдбै рдиिрд╕्рдХिрдпौं। |
|
39 |
She is careful with money, for
she saves every month. |
рдЙрдиी
рдкैрд╕ाрдоा рд╕рддрд░्рдХ рдЫिрди्,
рдХिрдирднрдиे рдЙрдиी
рд╣рд░ेрдХ
рдорд╣िрдиा рдмрдЪрдд
рдЧрд░्рдЫिрди्। |
|
40 |
Buy it now, or the price
will go up. |
рдЕрд╣िрд▓े рдХिрди्рдиुрд╣ोрд╕्, рд╡ा
рдоूрд▓्рдп рдмрдв्рдиेрдЫ। |
ЁЯН╜️
5. Food & Restaurant (41–50)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
41 |
I ordered noodles, and she
ordered rice. |
рдоैрд▓े
рдЪाрдЙрдЪाрдЙ рдЕрд░्рдбрд░ рдЧрд░ें,
рд░
рдЙрдирд▓े
рднाрдд
рдЕрд░्рдбрд░ рдЧрд░िрди्। |
|
42 |
The food was spicy, so I
drank water. |
рдЦाрдиा
рдкिрд░ो
рдеिрдпो,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рдоैрд▓े
рдкाрдиी
рдкिрдПँ। |
|
43 |
He didn't like the soup, nor
did he eat the salad. |
рдЙрдирд▓ाрдИ рд╕ुрдк
рдорди
рдкрд░ेрди,
рди
рдд
рд╕рд▓ाрдж
рдЦाрдП। |
|
44 |
You can have tea, or you
can have coffee. |
рддрдкाрдИं рдЪिрдпा
рд▓िрди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ, рд╡ा
рдХрдлी
рд▓िрди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ। |
|
45 |
The restaurant was full, yet
we got a table. |
рд░ेрд╕्рдЯुрд░ेрди्рдЯ рднрд░िрдПрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рддैрдкрдиि рд╣ाрдоीрд▓े рдЯेрдмрд▓
рдкाрдпौं। |
|
46 |
I wanted dessert, but I was
too full. |
рдорд▓ाрдИ
рдоिрдаाрдИ рдЪाрд╣िрдПрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рддрд░
рдо
рдзेрд░ै
рднрд░िрдПрдХो рдеिрдПँ। |
|
47 |
She cooked rice, and she
made curry. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рднाрдд
рдкрдХाрдЗрди्, рд░
рддрд░рдХाрд░ी рдмрдиाрдЗрди्। |
|
48 |
The bill was high, so we
split it. |
рдмिрд▓
рдзेрд░ै
рдеिрдпो,
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рд╣ाрдоीрд▓े рдмाँрдб्рдпौं। |
|
49 |
He is a vegetarian, for he
avoids meat. |
рдЙрдиी
рд╢ाрдХाрд╣ाрд░ी рдЫрди्,
рдХिрдирднрдиे рдЙрдиी
рдоाрд╕ु
рдЦाँрджैрдирди्। |
|
50 |
Finish your food, or you
won't get dessert. |
рдЦाрдиा
рд╕рдХ,
рд╡ा
рдоिрдаाрдИ рдкाрдЙँрджैрдиौ। |
✈️ 6. Travel & Transport (51–60)
|
# |
English
Sentence |
Nepali
Meaning |
|
51 |
We booked the tickets, and
we packed our bags. |
рд╣ाрдоीрд▓े рдЯिрдХрдЯ
рдмुрдХ
рдЧрд░्рдпौं, рд░
рдЭोрд▓ा
рдк्рдпाрдХ рдЧрд░्рдпौं। |
|
52 |
The flight was delayed, for
the weather was bad. |
рдЙрдбाрди
рдвिрд▓ो
рднрдпो,
рдХिрдирднрдиे рдоौрд╕рдо
рдирд░ाрдо्рд░ो рдеिрдпो। |
|
53 |
He didn't take a taxi, nor
did he take the bus. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдЯ्рдпाрдХ्рд╕ी рд▓िрдПрдирди्, рди
рдд
рдмрд╕
рд▓िрдП। |
|
54 |
You can go by train, or you
can fly. |
рддрдкाрдИं рд░ेрд▓рдоा рдЬाрди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ, рд╡ा
рд╣рд╡ाрдИрдЬрд╣ाрдЬрдоा рдЬाрди
рд╕рдХ्рдиुрд╣ुрди्рдЫ। |
|
55 |
The hotel was cheap, yet it
was very clean. |
рд╣ोрдЯрд▓
рд╕рд╕्рддो рдеिрдпो,
рддैрдкрдиि рдзेрд░ै
рд╕рдлा
рдеिрдпो। |
|
56 |
I wanted a window seat, but
they were all taken. |
рдорд▓ाрдИ
рдЭ्рдпाрд▓рдХो рд╕िрдЯ
рдЪाрд╣िрдПрдХो рдеिрдпो,
рддрд░
рд╕рдмै
рднрд░िрдПрдХा рдеिрдП। |
|
57 |
She checked the map, and
she found the route. |
рдЙрдирд▓े
рдирдХ्рд╕ा рд╣ेрд░िрди्, рд░
рдмाрдЯो
рднेрдЯ्рдЯाрдЗрди्। |
|
58 |
We missed the bus, so we
walked home. |
рд╣ाрдоीрд▓े рдмрд╕
рдЫुрдЯाрдпौं, рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े рд╣ाрдоी
рд╣िँрдбेрд░ рдШрд░
рдЧрдпौं। |
|
59 |
He travels often, for his
job requires it. |
рдЙрдиी
рдзेрд░ै
рдпाрдд्рд░ा рдЧрд░्рдЫрди्, рдХिрдирднрдиे рдЙрдирдХो
рдХाрдорд▓े рдд्рдпो
рдоाрдЧ
рдЧрд░्рдЫ। |
|
60 |
Leave early, or you will
miss the flight. |
рдЪाँрдбै рдиिрд╕्рдХрдиुрд╣ोрд╕्, рд╡ा
рдЙрдбाрди
рдЫुрдЯ्рдиेрдЫ। |
ЁЯза
Quick Revision Table
|
FANBOYS |
Nepali |
Situation
Examples |
|
For |
рдХिрдирднрдиे |
Reason (guests coming, sick, job
requires) |
|
And |
рд░ |
Addition (cooked & set table,
booked & packed) |
|
Nor |
рди
рдд |
Negative addition (didn't wash nor
sweep) |
|
But |
рддрд░ |
Contrast (wanted to rest but
called) |
|
Or |
рд╡ा |
Choice (tea or coffee, cash or
card) |
|
Yet |
рддैрдкрдиि |
Unexpected (difficult yet
understood) |
|
So |
рдд्рдпрд╕ैрд▓े |
Result (rained so stayed inside) |
✍️ Mini Practice (Write Your Own)
Try combining these using FANBOYS:
1.
I was hungry. I made a sandwich. (result)
2.
She can sing. She can dance. (addition)
3.
He didn't call. He didn't message. (negative
addition)
4.
We can eat now. We can eat later. (choice)
5.
It was cold. I wore a jacket. (result)
6.
She is young. She is very wise. (unexpected
contrast)
7.
I wanted to help. I didn't know how.
(contrast)
Suggested Answers:
1.
I was hungry, so I made a
sandwich.
2.
She can sing, and she can
dance.
3.
He didn't call, nor did he
message.
4.
We can eat now, or we can eat
later.
5.
It was cold, so I wore a
jacket.
6.
She is young, yet she is very
wise.
7.
I wanted to help, but I
didn't know how.
No comments:
Post a Comment