English Common Vocabulary
With
Synonyms, Nepali Meanings & English Sentences
For
Sujan, Arpana & Amrit — Nepali Students in Japan
SET
1: Daily Life & Routine (दैनिक जीवन र दिनचर्या)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Wake up |
Get up |
उठ्नु |
I wake up at six every morning. |
|
2 |
Breakfast |
Morning meal |
बिहानको खाना |
She eats breakfast before school. |
|
3 |
Commute |
Travel |
आवागमन गर्नु |
He commutes to work by train. |
|
4 |
Schedule |
Timetable |
तालिका |
My schedule is very busy today. |
|
5 |
Chores |
Household work |
घरको
काम |
I do chores on Sunday. |
|
6 |
Routine |
Habit |
दिनचर्या |
Exercise is part of my routine. |
|
7 |
Early |
Before time |
चाँडो |
She arrived early at the station. |
|
8 |
Late |
Delayed |
ढिलो |
Don't be late for class. |
|
9 |
Tired |
Exhausted |
थकित |
I am tired after work. |
|
10 |
Rest |
Relax |
आराम |
You should rest for a while. |
|
11 |
Busy |
Occupied |
व्यस्त |
He is busy with his studies. |
|
12 |
Free time |
Leisure |
खाली
समय |
I read books in my free time. |
|
13 |
Prepare |
Get ready |
तयारी गर्नु |
I prepare my bag at night. |
|
14 |
Sleep |
Slumber |
सुत्नु |
I sleep eight hours daily. |
|
15 |
Alarm |
Alert |
घडीको घण्टी |
My alarm rings at five. |
SET
2: School & Learning (विद्यालय र सिकाइ)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Study |
Learn |
पढ्नु |
I study English every day. |
|
2 |
Homework |
Assignment |
गृहकार्य |
Did you finish your homework? |
|
3 |
Teacher |
Instructor |
शिक्षक |
Our teacher is very kind. |
|
4 |
Student |
Learner |
विद्यार्थी |
She is a good student. |
|
5 |
Exam |
Test |
परीक्षा |
The exam is next week. |
|
6 |
Pass |
Succeed |
पास
हुनु |
I hope I pass the IELTS test. |
|
7 |
Fail |
Not succeed |
फेल
हुनु |
Don't be sad if you fail. |
|
8 |
Practice |
Rehearse |
अभ्यास |
Practice makes perfect. |
|
9 |
Lesson |
Class |
पाठ |
Today's lesson was difficult. |
|
10 |
Library |
Study room |
पुस्तकालय |
I study in the library. |
|
11 |
Notes |
Records |
नोटहरू |
I take notes in class. |
|
12 |
Improve |
Get better |
सुधार्नु |
My English is improving. |
|
13 |
Mistake |
Error |
गल्ती |
Everyone makes mistakes. |
|
14 |
Understand |
Comprehend |
बुझ्नु |
I understand the question now. |
|
15 |
Memory |
Recall |
सम्झना |
She has a good memory. |
SET
3: Work & Job (काम र जागिर)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Job |
Work |
जागिर |
He found a new job. |
|
2 |
Boss |
Manager |
मालिक |
My boss is very friendly. |
|
3 |
Salary |
Pay |
तलब |
The salary is good here. |
|
4 |
Shift |
Turn |
सिफ्ट |
I work the night shift. |
|
5 |
Interview |
Meeting |
अन्तर्वार्ता |
My interview is tomorrow. |
|
6 |
Resume |
CV |
रिजुमे |
Please send your resume. |
|
7 |
Customer |
Client |
ग्राहक |
The customer was very happy. |
|
8 |
Colleague |
Coworker |
सहकर्मी |
My colleague helped me. |
|
9 |
Overtime |
Extra hours |
अतिरिक्त समय |
I did overtime last night. |
|
10 |
Apply |
Request |
आवेदन गर्नु |
I will apply for that job. |
|
11 |
Experience |
Practice |
अनुभव |
She has five years of experience. |
|
12 |
Skill |
Ability |
सीप |
Communication is an important
skill. |
|
13 |
Hardworking |
Diligent |
मेहनती |
He is a hardworking student. |
|
14 |
Part-time |
Half-day |
पार्ट-टाइम |
I have a part-time job. |
|
15 |
Earn |
Make money |
कमाउनु |
We earn money for our future. |
SET
4: Money & Shopping (पैसा र किनमेल)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Money |
Cash |
पैसा |
I need money for tuition. |
|
2 |
Save |
Keep |
बचत
गर्नु |
I save money every month. |
|
3 |
Spend |
Use money |
खर्च
गर्नु |
Don't spend too much. |
|
4 |
Cheap |
Inexpensive |
सस्तो |
This shop is cheap. |
|
5 |
Expensive |
Costly |
महँगो |
Canada is expensive. |
|
6 |
Price |
Cost |
मूल्य |
What is the price? |
|
7 |
Bill |
Invoice |
बिल |
Please pay the bill. |
|
8 |
Budget |
Plan |
बजेट |
We must follow a budget. |
|
9 |
Borrow |
Take loan |
उधारो लिनु |
Can I borrow some money? |
|
10 |
Lend |
Give loan |
उधारो दिनु |
He lent me his book. |
|
11 |
Discount |
Reduction |
छुट |
There is a big discount today. |
|
12 |
Change |
Coins |
फिर्ता पैसा |
Keep the change. |
|
13 |
Bank |
Financial house |
बैंक |
I opened a bank account. |
|
14 |
Receipt |
Proof of payment |
रसिद |
Keep your receipt safe. |
|
15 |
Afford |
Manage |
सक्नु |
I cannot afford a new phone. |
SET
5: Travel & Transport (यात्रा र यातायात)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Travel |
Journey |
यात्रा गर्नु |
I love to travel by train. |
|
2 |
Ticket |
Pass |
टिकट |
I bought a bus ticket. |
|
3 |
Station |
Stop |
स्टेशन |
Meet me at the station. |
|
4 |
Airport |
Air terminal |
विमानस्थल |
The airport is very big. |
|
5 |
Flight |
Plane trip |
उडान |
My flight is at ten. |
|
6 |
Luggage |
Bags |
सामान |
Where is my luggage? |
|
7 |
Passport |
Travel document |
राहदानी |
Don't forget your passport. |
|
8 |
Map |
Guide |
नक्सा |
I checked the map. |
|
9 |
Direction |
Way |
दिशा |
Can you give me directions? |
|
10 |
Arrive |
Reach |
पुग्नु |
We arrived in Tokyo. |
|
11 |
Depart |
Leave |
प्रस्थान गर्नु |
The train departs at noon. |
|
12 |
Delay |
Lateness |
ढिलाइ |
There was a long delay. |
|
13 |
Journey |
Trip |
यात्रा |
The journey was comfortable. |
|
14 |
Book |
Reserve |
बुक
गर्नु |
I booked a hotel room. |
|
15 |
Destination |
End point |
गन्तव्य |
Canada is my destination. |
SET
6: Feelings & Emotions (भावना र मनोभाव)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Happy |
Glad |
खुसी |
I am happy to see you. |
|
2 |
Sad |
Unhappy |
दुःखी |
She felt sad yesterday. |
|
3 |
Angry |
Mad |
रिसाएको |
Don't be angry with me. |
|
4 |
Afraid |
Scared |
डराएको |
I am afraid of mistakes. |
|
5 |
Nervous |
Worried |
नर्भस |
I feel nervous before exams. |
|
6 |
Excited |
Thrilled |
उत्साहित |
We are excited about Canada. |
|
7 |
Lonely |
Alone |
एक्लो |
I feel lonely sometimes. |
|
8 |
Proud |
Honored |
गर्वित |
My parents are proud of me. |
|
9 |
Tired |
Weary |
थकित |
He looks very tired. |
|
10 |
Confident |
Sure |
आत्मविश्वासी |
Be confident when you speak. |
|
11 |
Grateful |
Thankful |
कृतज्ञ |
I am grateful for your help. |
|
12 |
Jealous |
Envious |
ईर्ष्यालु |
Don't be jealous of others. |
|
13 |
Confused |
Puzzled |
अलमल्ल |
I am confused about this. |
|
14 |
Relaxed |
Calm |
शान्त |
I feel relaxed after rest. |
|
15 |
Hopeful |
Optimistic |
आशावादी |
We are hopeful about the future. |
SET
7: Health & Body (स्वास्थ्य र शरीर)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Health |
Well-being |
स्वास्थ्य |
Health is wealth. |
|
2 |
Sick |
Ill |
बिरामी |
I felt sick yesterday. |
|
3 |
Fever |
High temperature |
ज्वरो |
He has a high fever. |
|
4 |
Headache |
Head pain |
टाउको दुखाइ |
I have a bad headache. |
|
5 |
Medicine |
Drug |
औषधि |
Take this medicine daily. |
|
6 |
Doctor |
Physician |
डाक्टर |
The doctor checked me. |
|
7 |
Hospital |
Clinic |
अस्पताल |
She went to the hospital. |
|
8 |
Pain |
Ache |
दुखाइ |
I feel pain in my leg. |
|
9 |
Tired |
Weak |
कमजोर |
I am tired and weak. |
|
10 |
Sleep |
Rest |
निद्रा |
Good sleep keeps you healthy. |
|
11 |
Exercise |
Workout |
व्यायाम |
Exercise every morning. |
|
12 |
Healthy |
Fit |
स्वस्थ |
Eat healthy food. |
|
13 |
Stress |
Pressure |
तनाव |
Stress is bad for health. |
|
14 |
Recover |
Get well |
निको
हुनु |
He recovered quickly. |
|
15 |
Checkup |
Medical exam |
जाँच |
I have a checkup tomorrow. |
SET
8: Communication & Language (सञ्चार र भाषा)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Speak |
Talk |
बोल्नु |
Please speak slowly. |
|
2 |
Listen |
Hear |
सुन्नु |
Listen carefully to me. |
|
3 |
Understand |
Comprehend |
बुझ्नु |
Do you understand me? |
|
4 |
Explain |
Describe |
व्याख्या गर्नु |
Can you explain this word? |
|
5 |
Question |
Query |
प्रश्न |
I have a question. |
|
6 |
Answer |
Reply |
जवाफ |
Please answer in English. |
|
7 |
Translate |
Convert |
अनुवाद गर्नु |
Translate this into Nepali. |
|
8 |
Pronounce |
Say clearly |
उच्चारण गर्नु |
How do you pronounce this? |
|
9 |
Meaning |
Sense |
अर्थ |
What is the meaning? |
|
10 |
Mistake |
Error |
गल्ती |
I made a small mistake. |
|
11 |
Correct |
Right |
सही |
Your answer is correct. |
|
12 |
Fluent |
Smooth |
प्रवाह |
She is fluent in English. |
|
13 |
Vocabulary |
Words |
शब्दावली |
Build your vocabulary daily. |
|
14 |
Conversation |
Talk |
कुराकानी |
We had a long conversation. |
|
15 |
Confident |
Sure |
आत्मविश्वासी |
Speak with confidence. |
SET
9: Weather & Nature (मौसम र प्रकृति)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Weather |
Climate |
मौसम |
The weather is nice today. |
|
2 |
Rain |
Shower |
वर्षा |
It will rain tomorrow. |
|
3 |
Snow |
Icefall |
हिउँ |
Canada has heavy snow. |
|
4 |
Sunny |
Bright |
घमाइलो |
It is a sunny day. |
|
5 |
Cloudy |
Overcast |
बादल |
The sky is cloudy. |
|
6 |
Windy |
Breezy |
हावा |
It is very windy today. |
|
7 |
Hot |
Warm |
तातो |
Summer in Japan is hot. |
|
8 |
Cold |
Chilly |
चिसो |
Winter is very cold. |
|
9 |
Humid |
Moist |
आर्द्र |
Japan's summer is humid. |
|
10 |
Season |
Period |
ऋतु |
There are four seasons. |
|
11 |
Mountain |
Hill |
पहाड |
Nepal has many mountains. |
|
12 |
River |
Stream |
नदी |
The river is very long. |
|
13 |
Forest |
Woods |
जंगल |
The forest is green. |
|
14 |
Flower |
Blossom |
फूल |
Cherry flowers are beautiful. |
|
15 |
Sky |
Heaven |
आकाश |
The sky is clear today. |
SET
10: Dreams & Future (सपना र भविष्य)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Dream |
Hope |
सपना |
My dream is to go to Canada. |
|
2 |
Future |
Tomorrow |
भविष्य |
We plan for the future. |
|
3 |
Goal |
Aim |
लक्ष्य |
My goal is a good IELTS score. |
|
4 |
Plan |
Prepare |
योजना |
We made a study plan. |
|
5 |
Success |
Victory |
सफलता |
Hard work brings success. |
|
6 |
Opportunity |
Chance |
अवसर |
Canada has many opportunities. |
|
7 |
Achieve |
Accomplish |
हासिल गर्नु |
You can achieve anything. |
|
8 |
Determined |
Firm |
दृढ |
We are determined to succeed. |
|
9 |
Improve |
Get better |
सुधार्नु |
I want to improve my English. |
|
10 |
Abroad |
Overseas |
विदेश |
She wants to study abroad. |
|
11 |
Immigrate |
Move |
आप्रवासन गर्नु |
They will immigrate to Canada. |
|
12 |
Citizen |
National |
नागरिक |
He wants to become a citizen. |
|
13 |
Permanent |
Lasting |
स्थायी |
She got permanent residency. |
|
14 |
Hope |
Wish |
आशा |
I hope for a better life. |
|
15 |
Believe |
Trust |
विश्वास गर्नु |
Believe in yourself always. |
SET 11: Home & Household (घर र घरायसी जीवन)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
House |
Home |
घर |
I live in a small house. |
|
2 |
Room |
Space |
कोठा |
My room is very clean. |
|
3 |
Kitchen |
Cooking area |
भान्सा |
My mother is in the kitchen. |
|
4 |
Bedroom |
Sleeping room |
सुत्ने कोठा |
The bedroom is upstairs. |
|
5 |
Bathroom |
Washroom |
बाथरुम |
The bathroom is next to my room. |
|
6 |
Furniture |
Household items |
फर्निचर |
We bought new furniture. |
|
7 |
Clean |
Tidy |
सफा
गर्नु |
I clean my room every day. |
|
8 |
Dirty |
Unclean |
फोहोर |
Your shoes are dirty. |
|
9 |
Repair |
Fix |
मर्मत गर्नु |
We need to repair the door. |
|
10 |
Rent |
Lease |
भाडा |
I pay my rent every month. |
|
11 |
Neighbor |
Nearby resident |
छिमेकी |
Our neighbor is very friendly. |
|
12 |
Kitchenware |
Cooking utensils |
भान्साका सामान |
We need some kitchenware. |
|
13 |
Laundry |
Washing clothes |
लुगा
धुने
काम |
I do my laundry on Sunday. |
|
14 |
Blanket |
Cover |
कम्बल |
This blanket is warm. |
|
15 |
Comfortable |
Cozy |
आरामदायी |
My new room is comfortable. |
SET 12: Food & Cooking (खाना र खाना पकाउने काम)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Food |
Meal |
खाना |
The food is delicious. |
|
2 |
Cook |
Prepare |
पकाउनु |
I cook dinner every evening. |
|
3 |
Ingredient |
Component |
सामग्री |
We need fresh ingredients. |
|
4 |
Delicious |
Tasty |
स्वादिष्ट |
The curry is delicious. |
|
5 |
Hungry |
Starving |
भोक
लागेको |
I am very hungry. |
|
6 |
Thirsty |
Needing a drink |
तिर्खाएको |
I am thirsty after walking. |
|
7 |
Breakfast |
Morning meal |
बिहानको खाना |
Breakfast is ready. |
|
8 |
Lunch |
Midday meal |
दिउँसोको खाना |
I had lunch at noon. |
|
9 |
Dinner |
Evening meal |
बेलुकाको खाना |
Dinner starts at seven. |
|
10 |
Spicy |
Hot |
पिरो |
Japanese food is sometimes spicy. |
|
11 |
Sweet |
Sugary |
गुलियो |
This cake is very sweet. |
|
12 |
Fresh |
New |
ताजा |
We bought fresh vegetables. |
|
13 |
Boil |
Heat in water |
उमाल्नु |
Boil the water first. |
|
14 |
Fry |
Cook in oil |
तार्नु |
Fry the eggs for five minutes. |
|
15 |
Taste |
Flavor |
स्वाद |
I like the taste of this soup. |
SET 13: Friends & Relationships (साथी र सम्बन्ध)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Friend |
Companion |
साथी |
He is my best friend. |
|
2 |
Family |
Relatives |
परिवार |
My family lives in Nepal. |
|
3 |
Relationship |
Connection |
सम्बन्ध |
We have a good relationship. |
|
4 |
Trust |
Believe |
विश्वास गर्नु |
I trust my friends. |
|
5 |
Respect |
Honor |
सम्मान गर्नु |
We should respect our elders. |
|
6 |
Help |
Assist |
सहयोग गर्नु |
My friend helped me. |
|
7 |
Support |
Encourage |
समर्थन गर्नु |
My family supports my dreams. |
|
8 |
Invite |
Ask to come |
निमन्त्रणा गर्नु |
I invited my friends to dinner. |
|
9 |
Visit |
Go to see |
भेट्न जानु |
I visited my uncle yesterday. |
|
10 |
Share |
Divide |
बाँड्नु |
We share our food. |
|
11 |
Agree |
Accept |
सहमत
हुनु |
I agree with you. |
|
12 |
Argue |
Disagree strongly |
झगडा
गर्नु |
They often argue about money. |
|
13 |
Forgive |
Pardon |
माफ
गर्नु |
Please forgive my mistake. |
|
14 |
Promise |
Give one's word |
वाचा
गर्नु |
I promise to help you. |
|
15 |
Together |
Jointly |
सँगै |
We study together. |
SET 14: City & Places (सहर र स्थानहरू)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
City |
Urban area |
सहर |
Tokyo is a large city. |
|
2 |
Village |
Rural area |
गाउँ |
My grandparents live in a village. |
|
3 |
Street |
Road |
सडक |
This street is very busy. |
|
4 |
Building |
Structure |
भवन |
That building is very tall. |
|
5 |
Market |
Bazaar |
बजार |
I went to the market. |
|
6 |
Shop |
Store |
पसल |
There is a shop near my house. |
|
7 |
Restaurant |
Eating place |
रेस्टुरेन्ट |
We ate at a Japanese restaurant. |
|
8 |
Park |
Public garden |
पार्क |
Children are playing in the park. |
|
9 |
Bridge |
Crossing |
पुल |
The bridge is very long. |
|
10 |
Museum |
Exhibition center |
संग्रहालय |
We visited the museum. |
|
11 |
Temple |
Shrine |
मन्दिर |
There is a beautiful temple
nearby. |
|
12 |
Post office |
Mail center |
हुलाक कार्यालय |
I went to the post office. |
|
13 |
Police station |
Police office |
प्रहरी कार्यालय |
The police station is nearby. |
|
14 |
Supermarket |
Grocery store |
सुपरमार्केट |
I buy groceries at the
supermarket. |
|
15 |
Neighborhood |
Local area |
छिमेक |
This is a quiet neighborhood. |
SET 15: Technology & Internet (प्रविधि र इन्टरनेट)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Computer |
PC |
कम्प्युटर |
I use a computer at work. |
|
2 |
Laptop |
Notebook computer |
ल्यापटप |
My laptop is new. |
|
3 |
Phone |
Mobile |
मोबाइल |
I lost my phone. |
|
4 |
Internet |
Online network |
इन्टरनेट |
The internet is slow today. |
|
5 |
Website |
Web page |
वेबसाइट |
Visit our website for information. |
|
6 |
Download |
Save |
डाउनलोड गर्नु |
Download the file from the
website. |
|
7 |
Upload |
Send online |
अपलोड गर्नु |
Please upload your photo. |
|
8 |
Search |
Look for |
खोज्नु |
I searched for the address online. |
|
9 |
Password |
Secret code |
पासवर्ड |
Never share your password. |
|
10 |
Message |
Text |
सन्देश |
I sent you a message. |
|
11 |
Email |
Electronic mail |
इमेल |
Please send me an email. |
|
12 |
Online |
Connected |
अनलाइन |
The class is online today. |
|
13 |
Digital |
Electronic |
डिजिटल |
I have a digital ticket. |
|
14 |
Screen |
Display |
पर्दा |
My phone screen is broken. |
|
15 |
Connect |
Link |
जोड्नु |
Connect your phone to Wi-Fi. |
SET 16: Transportation & Road (यातायात र सडक)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Bus |
Coach |
बस |
I take the bus to work. |
|
2 |
Train |
Railway |
रेल |
The train arrives at eight. |
|
3 |
Bicycle |
Bike |
साइकल |
I ride a bicycle to school. |
|
4 |
Motorcycle |
Bike |
मोटरसाइकल |
He goes to work by motorcycle. |
|
5 |
Car |
Automobile |
कार |
My brother has a new car. |
|
6 |
Driver |
Motorist |
चालक |
The driver was careful. |
|
7 |
Passenger |
Traveler |
यात्रु |
There were many passengers. |
|
8 |
Traffic |
Road congestion |
ट्राफिक |
The traffic is heavy today. |
|
9 |
Road |
Street |
सडक |
This road leads to the station. |
|
10 |
Crossing |
Passage |
बाटो
काट्ने ठाउँ |
Use the pedestrian crossing. |
|
11 |
Helmet |
Protective headgear |
हेलमेट |
Always wear a helmet. |
|
12 |
Speed |
Rate |
गति |
The car was traveling at high
speed. |
|
13 |
Accident |
Crash |
दुर्घटना |
There was a road accident. |
|
14 |
Safe |
Secure |
सुरक्षित |
Please drive safely. |
|
15 |
Parking |
Vehicle space |
पार्किङ |
Where is the parking area? |
SET 17: Clothes & Appearance (लुगा र बाहिरी रूप)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Clothes |
Clothing |
लुगा |
I need new clothes. |
|
2 |
Shirt |
Top |
सर्ट |
He is wearing a white shirt. |
|
3 |
Trousers |
Pants |
पाइन्ट |
These trousers are comfortable. |
|
4 |
Jacket |
Coat |
ज्याकेट |
Wear a jacket in winter. |
|
5 |
Shoes |
Footwear |
जुत्ता |
My shoes are wet. |
|
6 |
Socks |
Foot coverings |
मोजा |
I need clean socks. |
|
7 |
Dress |
Outfit |
पोशाक |
She wore a beautiful dress. |
|
8 |
Uniform |
Work clothes |
पोसाक |
Students wear a uniform. |
|
9 |
Size |
Measurement |
आकार |
What size do you need? |
|
10 |
Fit |
Suit |
मिल्नु |
This shirt fits me well. |
|
11 |
Wear |
Put on |
लगाउनु |
I wear glasses at work. |
|
12 |
Remove |
Take off |
हटाउनु |
Please remove your shoes. |
|
13 |
Clean |
Fresh |
सफा |
Your clothes are clean. |
|
14 |
Appearance |
Look |
रूप |
Appearance can create a first
impression. |
|
15 |
Fashionable |
Stylish |
फेसनेबल |
She bought a fashionable jacket. |
SET 18: Time & Dates (समय र मिति)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Today |
This day |
आज |
I am busy today. |
|
2 |
Tomorrow |
Next day |
भोलि |
I will call you tomorrow. |
|
3 |
Yesterday |
Previous day |
हिजो |
I met him yesterday. |
|
4 |
Morning |
Early day |
बिहान |
I study in the morning. |
|
5 |
Afternoon |
Later daytime |
दिउँसो |
The meeting is in the afternoon. |
|
6 |
Evening |
Late day |
साँझ |
We walk in the evening. |
|
7 |
Night |
Late hours |
रात |
I work at night. |
|
8 |
Week |
Seven days |
हप्ता |
I work five days a week. |
|
9 |
Month |
Four weeks |
महिना |
Next month will be busy. |
|
10 |
Year |
Twelve months |
वर्ष |
I have lived here for one year. |
|
11 |
Weekend |
Saturday and Sunday |
सप्ताहन्त |
I relax at the weekend. |
|
12 |
Minute |
Sixty seconds |
मिनेट |
Wait for five minutes. |
|
13 |
Hour |
Sixty minutes |
घण्टा |
The lesson lasts one hour. |
|
14 |
Moment |
Short time |
क्षण |
Please wait a moment. |
|
15 |
Recently |
Lately |
हालसालै |
I recently moved to Japan. |
SET 19: Common Actions (सामान्य क्रियाहरू)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Open |
Unlock |
खोल्नु |
Please open the door. |
|
2 |
Close |
Shut |
बन्द
गर्नु |
Close the window. |
|
3 |
Start |
Begin |
सुरु
गर्नु |
The class starts at nine. |
|
4 |
Finish |
Complete |
समाप्त गर्नु |
I finished my homework. |
|
5 |
Bring |
Carry here |
ल्याउनु |
Please bring your passport. |
|
6 |
Take |
Carry |
लैजानु |
Take this bag with you. |
|
7 |
Give |
Provide |
दिनु |
Give me your phone number. |
|
8 |
Receive |
Get |
प्राप्त गर्नु |
I received your email. |
|
9 |
Find |
Discover |
भेट्टाउनु |
I found my keys. |
|
10 |
Lose |
Misplace |
हराउनु |
I lost my wallet. |
|
11 |
Choose |
Select |
छान्नु |
Choose one option. |
|
12 |
Change |
Alter |
परिवर्तन गर्नु |
I need to change my address. |
|
13 |
Move |
Shift |
सर्नु |
We moved to a new apartment. |
|
14 |
Wait |
Stay |
पर्खनु |
Please wait here. |
|
15 |
Follow |
Go after |
पछ्याउनु |
Follow me, please. |
SET 20: Problems & Solutions (समस्या र समाधान)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Problem |
Difficulty |
समस्या |
We have a small problem. |
|
2 |
Issue |
Matter |
विषय
/ समस्या |
There is an issue with my phone. |
|
3 |
Difficult |
Hard |
कठिन |
This question is difficult. |
|
4 |
Easy |
Simple |
सजिलो |
The test was easy. |
|
5 |
Solution |
Answer |
समाधान |
We found a solution. |
|
6 |
Reason |
Cause |
कारण |
What is the reason? |
|
7 |
Cause |
Source |
कारण |
Heavy rain caused the problem. |
|
8 |
Fix |
Repair |
मर्मत गर्नु |
Can you fix my computer? |
|
9 |
Avoid |
Prevent |
जोगिनु |
Avoid unnecessary mistakes. |
|
10 |
Prevent |
Stop |
रोक्नु |
Exercise can prevent some
problems. |
|
11 |
Manage |
Handle |
व्यवस्थापन गर्नु |
I can manage this task. |
|
12 |
Solve |
Resolve |
समाधान गर्नु |
We need to solve this problem. |
|
13 |
Need |
Require |
आवश्यक पर्नु |
I need more time. |
|
14 |
Help |
Assistance |
सहयोग |
I need some help. |
|
15 |
Improve |
Develop |
सुधार गर्नु |
We need to improve the system. |
SET 21: Shopping & Stores (किनमेल र पसल)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Customer |
Buyer |
ग्राहक |
The customer asked a question. |
|
2 |
Seller |
Shopkeeper |
बिक्रेता |
The seller was helpful. |
|
3 |
Product |
Item |
सामान |
This product is popular. |
|
4 |
Brand |
Make |
ब्रान्ड |
Which brand do you prefer? |
|
5 |
Quality |
Standard |
गुणस्तर |
The quality is excellent. |
|
6 |
Size |
Measurement |
आकार |
Do you have a larger size? |
|
7 |
Color |
Shade |
रङ |
I like this color. |
|
8 |
Cash |
Money |
नगद |
I will pay in cash. |
|
9 |
Card |
Bank card |
कार्ड |
Can I pay by card? |
|
10 |
Receipt |
Proof of purchase |
रसिद |
Please keep the receipt. |
|
11 |
Refund |
Money returned |
रकम
फिर्ता |
Can I get a refund? |
|
12 |
Exchange |
Replace |
साट्नु |
Can I exchange this shirt? |
|
13 |
Sale |
Special offer |
बिक्री / छुट |
The store has a big sale. |
|
14 |
Customer service |
Assistance |
ग्राहक सेवा |
Customer service helped me. |
|
15 |
Available |
In stock |
उपलब्ध |
Is this product available? |
SET 22: Workplace English (कार्यस्थलको अंग्रेजी)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Office |
Workplace |
कार्यालय |
I work in an office. |
|
2 |
Manager |
Supervisor |
व्यवस्थापक |
My manager called me. |
|
3 |
Meeting |
Discussion |
बैठक |
We have a meeting at ten. |
|
4 |
Task |
Duty |
काम |
I finished my task. |
|
5 |
Project |
Assignment |
परियोजना |
This project is important. |
|
6 |
Team |
Group |
टोली |
Our team works well together. |
|
7 |
Meeting room |
Conference room |
बैठक
कोठा |
The meeting room is upstairs. |
|
8 |
Worker |
Employee |
कामदार |
The workers arrived early. |
|
9 |
Employer |
Company owner |
रोजगारदाता |
The employer offered me a job. |
|
10 |
Employee |
Staff member |
कर्मचारी |
Every employee has an ID card. |
|
11 |
Deadline |
Due date |
अन्तिम मिति |
The deadline is Friday. |
|
12 |
Permission |
Approval |
अनुमति |
I need permission to leave early. |
|
13 |
Report |
Document |
प्रतिवेदन |
I submitted the report. |
|
14 |
Duty |
Responsibility |
जिम्मेवारी |
It is my duty to help customers. |
|
15 |
Professional |
Skilled |
व्यावसायिक |
She has a professional attitude. |
SET 23: Study Abroad & Japan Life (विदेश अध्ययन र जापान जीवन)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Student visa |
Study permit |
विद्यार्थी भिसा |
I have a student visa. |
|
2 |
Language school |
Language institute |
भाषा
विद्यालय |
Arpana studies at a language
school. |
|
3 |
Part-time job |
Casual work |
आंशिक समयको काम |
Sujan has a part-time job. |
|
4 |
Residence |
Accommodation |
बसोबास |
I changed my residence recently. |
|
5 |
Apartment |
Flat |
अपार्टमेन्ट |
We share an apartment. |
|
6 |
Dormitory |
Student residence |
छात्रावास |
He lives in a dormitory. |
|
7 |
Culture |
Traditions |
संस्कृति |
Japanese culture is interesting. |
|
8 |
Custom |
Tradition |
परम्परा |
We should respect local customs. |
|
9 |
Language |
Tongue |
भाषा |
Japanese is a difficult language. |
|
10 |
Permission |
Approval |
अनुमति |
I need permission to work
part-time. |
|
11 |
Rule |
Regulation |
नियम |
We must follow the rules. |
|
12 |
Community |
Local group |
समुदाय |
We joined the local community. |
|
13 |
Experience |
Exposure |
अनुभव |
Living abroad is a valuable
experience. |
|
14 |
Adapt |
Adjust |
अनुकूल हुनु |
It takes time to adapt to a new
culture. |
|
15 |
Independent |
Self-reliant |
आत्मनिर्भर |
Living abroad makes students
independent. |
SET 24: Communication at Work (कार्यस्थलमा सञ्चार)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Request |
Ask |
अनुरोध |
I would like to request a day off. |
|
2 |
Inform |
Tell |
जानकारी दिनु |
Please inform your manager. |
|
3 |
Mention |
State |
उल्लेख गर्नु |
He mentioned the problem. |
|
4 |
Discuss |
Talk about |
छलफल
गर्नु |
Let's discuss the schedule. |
|
5 |
Confirm |
Verify |
पुष्टि गर्नु |
Please confirm the meeting time. |
|
6 |
Suggest |
Recommend |
सुझाव दिनु |
I suggest a different plan. |
|
7 |
Explain |
Clarify |
स्पष्ट पार्नु |
Please explain the situation. |
|
8 |
Clarify |
Make clear |
स्पष्ट गर्नु |
Can you clarify your question? |
|
9 |
Reply |
Respond |
जवाफ
दिनु |
Please reply to my email. |
|
10 |
Contact |
Communicate with |
सम्पर्क गर्नु |
Contact me if you need help. |
|
11 |
Agree |
Accept |
सहमत
हुनु |
I agree with the proposal. |
|
12 |
Refuse |
Decline |
अस्वीकार गर्नु |
He refused the offer. |
|
13 |
Accept |
Receive |
स्वीकार गर्नु |
She accepted the invitation. |
|
14 |
Apologize |
Say sorry |
माफी
माग्नु |
I apologize for the mistake. |
|
15 |
Thank |
Appreciate |
धन्यवाद दिनु |
I want to thank you for your help. |
SET 25: Safety & Emergency (सुरक्षा र आपतकाल)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Safety |
Protection |
सुरक्षा |
Safety is very important. |
|
2 |
Danger |
Risk |
खतरा |
This road is dangerous at night. |
|
3 |
Emergency |
Crisis |
आपतकाल |
Call for help in an emergency. |
|
4 |
Accident |
Crash |
दुर्घटना |
He had a small accident. |
|
5 |
Fire |
Blaze |
आगलागी |
There was a fire in the building. |
|
6 |
Police |
Law enforcement |
प्रहरी |
Call the police if necessary. |
|
7 |
Ambulance |
Emergency vehicle |
एम्बुलेन्स |
The ambulance arrived quickly. |
|
8 |
Rescue |
Save |
उद्धार गर्नु |
The team rescued the passengers. |
|
9 |
Warning |
Alert |
चेतावनी |
The sign gives a warning. |
|
10 |
Careful |
Cautious |
सावधान |
Be careful on the stairs. |
|
11 |
Protect |
Defend |
सुरक्षा गर्नु |
Wear gloves to protect your hands. |
|
12 |
Dangerous |
Unsafe |
खतरनाक |
This machine is dangerous. |
|
13 |
Safe |
Secure |
सुरक्षित |
The children are safe. |
|
14 |
Exit |
Way out |
निस्कने बाटो |
The emergency exit is over there. |
|
15 |
Evacuate |
Leave |
खाली
गरेर
निस्कनु |
Everyone must evacuate the
building. |
SET 26: Nature & Environment (प्रकृति र वातावरण)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Environment |
Surroundings |
वातावरण |
We must protect the environment. |
|
2 |
Pollution |
Contamination |
प्रदूषण |
Air pollution is a serious
problem. |
|
3 |
Waste |
Rubbish |
फोहोर |
Do not throw waste on the road. |
|
4 |
Recycle |
Reuse |
पुनः
प्रयोग गर्नु |
We should recycle plastic bottles. |
|
5 |
Plastic |
Synthetic material |
प्लास्टिक |
Too much plastic harms nature. |
|
6 |
Energy |
Power |
ऊर्जा |
Solar energy is useful. |
|
7 |
Natural |
Organic |
प्राकृतिक |
We need natural resources. |
|
8 |
Resource |
Supply |
स्रोत |
Water is an important resource. |
|
9 |
Climate |
Weather pattern |
जलवायु |
Climate change affects everyone. |
|
10 |
Forest |
Woodland |
वन |
Forests provide fresh air. |
|
11 |
Wildlife |
Wild animals |
वन्यजन्तु |
We should protect wildlife. |
|
12 |
Animal |
Creature |
जनावर |
This animal is endangered. |
|
13 |
Plant |
Vegetation |
बिरुवा |
I planted a tree. |
|
14 |
Earth |
Planet |
पृथ्वी |
We all live on Earth. |
|
15 |
Protect |
Preserve |
संरक्षण गर्नु |
We must protect nature. |
SET 27: Common Adjectives (सामान्य विशेषणहरू)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Important |
Significant |
महत्त्वपूर्ण |
English is important for
communication. |
|
2 |
Useful |
Helpful |
उपयोगी |
This book is very useful. |
|
3 |
Popular |
Well-known |
लोकप्रिय |
This restaurant is popular. |
|
4 |
Simple |
Easy |
सरल |
The instructions are simple. |
|
5 |
Difficult |
Hard |
कठिन |
Learning Japanese can be
difficult. |
|
6 |
Beautiful |
Attractive |
सुन्दर |
Japan is a beautiful country. |
|
7 |
Interesting |
Fascinating |
रोचक |
The lesson was interesting. |
|
8 |
Boring |
Dull |
दिक्कलाग्दो |
The movie was boring. |
|
9 |
Friendly |
Kind |
मिलनसार |
Japanese people can be very
friendly. |
|
10 |
Polite |
Courteous |
विनम्र |
He is very polite. |
|
11 |
Quiet |
Silent |
शान्त |
This area is quiet. |
|
12 |
Noisy |
Loud |
हल्लायुक्त |
The street is noisy. |
|
13 |
Crowded |
Full |
भीडभाड भएको |
The train is crowded. |
|
14 |
Empty |
Vacant |
खाली |
The room is empty. |
|
15 |
Necessary |
Essential |
आवश्यक |
A passport is necessary for
travel. |
SET 28: Common Adverbs & Expressions (सामान्य क्रियाविशेषण र अभिव्यक्ति)
|
# |
Word
/ Expression |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Usually |
Normally |
सामान्यतया |
I usually wake up at six. |
|
2 |
Sometimes |
Occasionally |
कहिलेकाहीँ |
I sometimes eat out. |
|
3 |
Always |
Every time |
सधैँ |
She always arrives early. |
|
4 |
Never |
Not ever |
कहिल्यै पनि
होइन |
I never smoke. |
|
5 |
Often |
Frequently |
प्रायः |
We often study together. |
|
6 |
Already |
By now |
पहिले नै |
I have already finished. |
|
7 |
Still |
Yet |
अझै |
He is still working. |
|
8 |
Soon |
Shortly |
छिट्टै |
I will call you soon. |
|
9 |
Perhaps |
Maybe |
सायद |
Perhaps he is busy. |
|
10 |
Probably |
Likely |
सम्भवतः |
She will probably come. |
|
11 |
Especially |
Particularly |
विशेष गरी |
I like Japanese food, especially
sushi. |
|
12 |
Actually |
In fact |
वास्तवमा |
Actually, I live in Tokyo. |
|
13 |
Finally |
At last |
अन्ततः |
We finally reached home. |
|
14 |
Recently |
Lately |
हालसालै |
I recently started studying
English. |
|
15 |
Together |
Jointly |
सँगै |
Let's work together. |
SET 29: Goals, Motivation & Success (लक्ष्य, प्रेरणा र सफलता)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Motivation |
Inspiration |
प्रेरणा |
Motivation helps me study every
day. |
|
2 |
Effort |
Attempt |
प्रयास |
Your effort will bring results. |
|
3 |
Success |
Achievement |
सफलता |
Success requires patience. |
|
4 |
Failure |
Defeat |
असफलता |
Failure can teach us valuable
lessons. |
|
5 |
Challenge |
Difficulty |
चुनौती |
Learning a new language is a
challenge. |
|
6 |
Courage |
Bravery |
साहस |
You need courage to speak English. |
|
7 |
Patience |
Tolerance |
धैर्य |
Learning requires patience. |
|
8 |
Focus |
Concentration |
ध्यान |
Focus on your goal. |
|
9 |
Progress |
Development |
प्रगति |
I am making good progress. |
|
10 |
Target |
Goal |
लक्ष्य |
My target is a high IELTS score. |
|
11 |
Achieve |
Accomplish |
हासिल गर्नु |
She achieved her goal. |
|
12 |
Develop |
Improve |
विकास गर्नु |
I want to develop my English
skills. |
|
13 |
Continue |
Keep going |
जारी
राख्नु |
Continue your practice every day. |
|
14 |
Succeed |
Do well |
सफल
हुनु |
I hope you succeed in Japan. |
|
15 |
Determination |
Firmness |
दृढता |
Determination is important for
success. |
SET 30: Useful Everyday English (दैनिक प्रयोगका उपयोगी अंग्रेजी शब्दहरू)
|
# |
Word |
Synonym |
Nepali
Meaning |
English
Sentence |
|
1 |
Maybe |
Perhaps |
सायद |
Maybe I will go tomorrow. |
|
2 |
Sure |
Certain |
पक्का |
Are you sure about this? |
|
3 |
Ready |
Prepared |
तयार |
I am ready for the exam. |
|
4 |
Busy |
Occupied |
व्यस्त |
I am busy right now. |
|
5 |
Available |
Free |
उपलब्ध |
Are you available this evening? |
|
6 |
Important |
Necessary |
महत्त्वपूर्ण |
This document is important. |
|
7 |
Different |
Unlike |
फरक |
Japan is different from Nepal. |
|
8 |
Same |
Similar |
उस्तै |
We have the same problem. |
|
9 |
Enough |
Sufficient |
पर्याप्त |
I have enough money. |
|
10 |
More |
Additional |
अझ
बढी |
I need more time. |
|
11 |
Less |
Smaller amount |
कम |
I need less sugar. |
|
12 |
Almost |
Nearly |
लगभग |
I am almost ready. |
|
13 |
Together |
Jointly |
सँगै |
Let's go together. |
|
14 |
Maybe |
Possibly |
हुन
सक्छ |
Maybe he is at home. |
|
15 |
Anyway |
Regardless |
जे
भए
पनि |
Anyway, let's continue our work. |
No comments:
Post a Comment