Present Perfect Tense: Complete Guide for Nepali Students
Introduction
/ परिचय
English: Present Perfect Tense connects the past and the present. It
shows an action that happened in the past but has a result or relevance now, OR
an action that started in the past and continues to the present.
Nepali: Present Perfect Tense ले भूतकालमा भएको
कामलाई
वर्तमानसँग जोड्छ।
यसले
देखाउँछ कि
काम
भइसक्यो र
त्यसको
असर
अहिले
पनि
छ,
वा
काम
भूतकालमा सुरु
भएर
अहिलेसम्म जारी
छ।
Structure
/ संरचना
Positive
Sentence (सकारात्मक वाक्य)
text
Subject
+ have/has + V3 (Past Participle) + Object
|
Subject |
Helping Verb |
Example |
|
I, You, We, They |
have |
I have finished my
homework. |
|
He, She, It, Ram |
has |
She has eaten lunch. |
Nepali: कर्ता
+ have/has + क्रियाको तेस्रो
रूप
+ कर्म
Negative
Sentence (नकारात्मक वाक्य)
text
Subject
+ have/has + not + V3 + Object
|
Example |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have not seen that movie. |
मैले
त्यो
चलचित्र देखेको छैन। |
|
He has not completed his
work. |
उसले
आफ्नो काम
पूरा
गरेको छैन। |
Short forms: haven't / hasn't
Question
Sentence (प्रश्नवाचक वाक्य)
text
Have/Has
+ Subject + V3 + Object ?
|
Example |
Nepali Meaning |
|
Have you eaten breakfast? |
तिमीले बिहानको खाना
खाएको छौ? |
|
Has she finished the report? |
उनले
रिपोर्ट सकाएकी छिन्? |
V3
(Past Participle) कसरी बनाउने?
Regular
Verbs (नियमित क्रियापद)
|
V1 (Base) |
V2 (Past) |
V3 (Past Participle) |
|
play |
played |
played |
|
work |
worked |
worked |
|
study |
studied |
studied |
|
watch |
watched |
watched |
|
clean |
cleaned |
cleaned |
Rule: Regular verbs को V3 = V2 (दुवैमा -ed थपिन्छ)
Irregular
Verbs (अनियमित क्रियापद)
|
V1 |
V2 |
V3 |
Nepali Meaning |
|
go |
went |
gone |
जानु |
|
eat |
ate |
eaten |
खानु |
|
see |
saw |
seen |
देख्नु |
|
do |
did |
done |
गर्नु |
|
write |
wrote |
written |
लेख्नु |
|
take |
took |
taken |
लिनु |
|
give |
gave |
given |
दिनु |
|
come |
came |
come |
आउनु |
|
buy |
bought |
bought |
किन्नु |
|
read |
read |
read |
पढ्नु |
|
speak |
spoke |
spoken |
बोल्नु |
|
break |
broke |
broken |
भाँच्नु |
|
drink |
drank |
drunk |
पिउनु |
|
know |
knew |
known |
थाहा
हुनु |
|
begin |
began |
begun |
सुरु
गर्नु |
Uses
of Present Perfect Tense / प्रयोगहरू
Use
1: Past Action with Present Result
भूतकालको काम, वर्तमानमा असर
यो
use मा,
काम
भूतकालमा भयो
तर
त्यसको
नतिजा अहिले देखिन्छ।
|
Example |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have lost my keys. |
मैले
मेरो
चाबी
हराएको छु।
(अहिले चाबी
छैन) |
|
She has broken her phone. |
उनले
आफ्नो फोन
भाँचेकी छिन्। (अहिले फोन
चल्दैन) |
|
They have finished the
project. |
उनीहरूले परियोजना सकाएका छन्।
(अहिले काम
सकियो) |
Use
2: Life Experience (जीवनको अनुभव)
कहिले भयो भन्ने महत्त्वपूर्ण छैन, के भयो भन्ने महत्त्वपूर्ण छ
|
Example |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have visited Pokhara. |
मैले
पोखरा भ्रमण गरेको छु। |
|
She has never eaten sushi. |
उनले
कहिल्यै सुशी
खाएकी छैनन्। |
|
Have you ever been to Nepal? |
तिमी
कहिल्यै नेपाल गएको
छौ? |
Note: कहिले
भयो
भन्ने
specific time (last year, in 2020) भन्न पाइँदैन।
Use
3: Action Started in Past, Continues to Present
भूतकालमा सुरु भएर अहिलेसम्म जारी
|
Example |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have lived here for ten
years. |
म
यहाँ
दस
वर्षदेखि बस्दै छु। |
|
She has worked here since
2015. |
उनी
2015 देखि
यहाँ
काम
गर्दै छिन्। |
|
We have known each other
for a long time. |
हामी
एकअर्कालाई धेरै
समयदेखि चिन्छौं। |
Important: for = duration (अवधि), since = starting point (सुरु बिन्दु)
Use
4: Recent Past Action (अहिले भर्खरै भएको काम)
भर्खरै भएको कामलाई जोड दिन
|
Example |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have just finished my
meal. |
मैले
भर्खरै खाना
सकाएको छु। |
|
She has recently moved to
Kathmandu. |
उनी
भर्खरै काठमाडौं सरेकी छिन्। |
Time
Adverbs / समयसूचक शब्दहरू
8.1
Time Adverbs Used with Present Perfect
|
English |
Nepali Meaning |
Example |
|
just |
भर्खरै |
I have just finished. |
|
already |
पहिले नै
/ अगावै |
She has already left. |
|
yet |
अझै
(negative/question) |
He hasn't arrived yet. |
|
ever |
कहिल्यै (question) |
Have you ever been to
Japan? |
|
never |
कहिल्यै पनि
नहुने |
I have never seen snow. |
|
recently |
भर्खरै / हालै |
They have recently married. |
|
lately |
हालै
/ पछिल्लो समय |
I haven't seen him lately. |
|
so far |
अहिलेसम्म |
We have completed three tasks so
far. |
|
until now |
अहिलेसम्म |
She hasn't called until now. |
|
once |
एक
पटक |
I have once visited
Lumbini. |
|
twice |
दुई
पटक |
He has twice failed the
exam. |
|
several times |
धेरै
पटक |
I have watched this movie several
times. |
|
for |
को
लागि
(अवधि) |
I have studied here for two
years. |
|
since |
देखि
(सुरु
बिन्दु) |
She has worked here since
2018. |
8.2
Time Adverbs NOT Used with Present Perfect
यी
शब्दहरू Past Simple सँग मात्र
प्रयोग
गरिन्छ:
|
Wrong |
Right |
|
I have seen him yesterday. |
I saw him yesterday. |
|
She has gone last week. |
She went last week. |
|
They have arrived in 2020. |
They arrived in 2020. |
Rule: Specific past time (yesterday, last week, in 2020, ago) = Past
Simple only
Sample
Sentences / नमूना वाक्यहरू
Daily
Life (दैनिक जीवन)
|
English |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have brushed my teeth. |
मैले
दाँत
माझेको छु। |
|
She has cooked dinner. |
उनले
बेलुकाको खाना
पकाएकी छिन्। |
|
We have cleaned the house. |
हामीले घर
सफा
गरेका छौं। |
|
He has not taken a shower yet. |
उसले
अझै
नुहाएको छैन। |
|
Have you finished your homework? |
तिमीले गृहकार्य सकाएको छौ? |
Work/Study
(काम/पढाइ)
|
English |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have submitted my assignment. |
मैले
मेरो
असाइनमेन्ट बुझाएको छु। |
|
She has worked here for five
years. |
उनी
यहाँ
पाँच
वर्षदेखि काम
गर्दै छिन्। |
|
They have completed the report. |
उनीहरूले रिपोर्ट पूरा
गरेका छन्। |
|
He has never missed a class. |
उसले
कहिल्यै कक्षा छुटाएको छैन। |
|
We have known each other since
college. |
हामी
कलेजदेखि एकअर्कालाई चिन्छौं। |
Experience
(अनुभव)
|
English |
Nepali Meaning |
|
I have visited many countries. |
मैले
धेरै
देशहरू भ्रमण गरेको छु। |
|
She has never been to Nepal. |
उनी
कहिल्यै नेपाल गएकी
छैनन्। |
|
Have you ever eaten Nepali food? |
तिमीले कहिल्यै नेपाली खाना
खाएको छौ? |
|
He has already seen that movie. |
उसले
त्यो
चलचित्र पहिले नै
देखेको छ। |
|
I have just met your brother. |
मैले
भर्खरै तिम्रो भाइलाई भेटेको छु। |
Present
Perfect vs Past Simple
|
Present Perfect |
Past Simple |
|
I have lost my pen. (अहिले पनि हराएको छ) |
I lost my pen yesterday. (भोलि भेट्टिन सक्छ) |
|
She has gone to London. (अहिले लन्डनमा छिन्) |
She went to London last
year. (अहिले फर्किएकी छिन्) |
|
Time is not specific |
Time is specific |
|
Uses: just, already, yet, ever,
never |
Uses: yesterday, last week, ago,
in 2020 |
Common
Mistakes / सामान्य गल्तीहरू
|
Wrong |
Right |
Reason |
|
I have seen him yesterday. |
I saw him yesterday. |
Specific past time = Past Simple |
|
She has went to school. |
She has gone to school. |
V3 = gone, not went |
|
He have finished. |
He has finished. |
He/She/It = has |
|
I has eaten. |
I have eaten. |
I/You/We/They = have |
|
They have arrive. |
They have arrived. |
Need V3, not V1 |
|
I have live here for 5 years. |
I have lived here for 5 years. |
Need V3 |
Quick
Summary Table
|
Aspect |
Rule |
|
Structure |
Subject + have/has + V3 + Object |
|
Have |
I, You, We, They |
|
Has |
He, She, It, singular nouns |
|
Negative |
have/has + not + V3 |
|
Question |
Have/Has + subject + V3? |
|
Use 1 |
Past action with present result |
|
Use 2 |
Life experience |
|
Use 3 |
Action continuing to present |
|
Use 4 |
Recent past action |
|
Time adverbs |
just, already, yet, ever, never,
recently, for, since |
|
NOT used with |
yesterday, last week, ago, in 2020 |
Practice
Exercise
Fill in the blanks with correct
Present Perfect form:
1.
I ________ (finish) my work.
2.
She ________ (not eat) anything
today.
3.
________ you ever ________ (be) to
Pokhara?
4.
They ________ (live) here since
2010.
5.
He ________ (just/arrive).
6.
We ________ (not see) that movie
yet.
7.
________ she ________ (complete) the
assignment?
8.
I ________ (know) him for ten years.
Answers:
1.
have finished
2.
has not eaten
3.
Have / been
4.
have lived
5.
has just arrived
6.
have not seen
7.
Has / completed
8.
have known
Final
Reminder for Nepali Students
1.
Have/Has कर्ता
अनुसार
प्रयोग
गर्नुहोस् — I/You/We/They = have, He/She/It = has
2.
V3 प्रयोग
गर्नुहोस्, V2 होइन
— "I have gone" not "I have went"
3.
Specific
past time (yesterday, last week) सँग Present Perfect प्रयोग नगर्नुहोस्
4.
For = अवधि
(duration), Since = सुरु बिन्दु
(starting point)
5.
Just,
already, yet, ever, never — यी शब्दहरू Present Perfect सँग प्रयोग
गर्नुहोस्
6. 100 Present Perfect Tense Practice
Questions
7.
Instructions
8.
Fill in the blanks with the correct
Present Perfect form. Choose from the options given in brackets. Answers with
short reasons are provided at the end.
10.
Part 1:
Questions 1–100
|
# |
Question |
|
1 |
I ________ (finish / finished /
have finished) my homework. |
|
2 |
She ________ (has eaten / have
eaten / ate) her lunch. |
|
3 |
They ________ (have gone / has
gone / went) to Pokhara. |
|
4 |
He ________ (have not come / has
not come / did not come) yet. |
|
5 |
________ you ever ________ (Have /
been, Has / been, Did / be) to Lumbini? |
|
6 |
We ________ (have known / has
known / knew) each other for ten years. |
|
7 |
She ________ (has worked / have
worked / worked) here since 2018. |
|
8 |
I ________ (have just finished /
just finished / has just finished) my meal. |
|
9 |
He ________ (has already left /
have already left / already left) the office. |
|
10 |
They ________ (have not arrived /
has not arrived / did not arrive) yet. |
|
11 |
________ she ________ (Has /
completed, Have / completed, Did / complete) the report? |
|
12 |
I ________ (have never seen / has
never seen / never saw) snow. |
|
13 |
We ________ (have lived / has
lived / lived) in Kathmandu for five years. |
|
14 |
He ________ (has broken / have
broken / broke) his phone. |
|
15 |
She ________ (has lost / have lost
/ lost) her keys. |
|
16 |
I ________ (have visited / has
visited / visited) many countries. |
|
17 |
They ________ (have completed /
has completed / completed) the project. |
|
18 |
He ________ (has not eaten / have
not eaten / did not eat) anything today. |
|
19 |
________ you ________ (Have /
finished, Has / finished, Did / finish) your assignment? |
|
20 |
She ________ (has recently moved /
have recently moved / recently moved) to Delhi. |
|
21 |
I ________ (have studied / has
studied / studied) here for two years. |
|
22 |
We ________ (have not seen / has
not seen / did not see) that movie yet. |
|
23 |
He ________ (has just arrived /
have just arrived / just arrived). |
|
24 |
They ________ (have been / has
been / were) friends since college. |
|
25 |
She ________ (has never eaten /
have never eaten / never ate) sushi. |
|
26 |
I ________ (have taken / has taken
/ took) many photos so far. |
|
27 |
He ________ (has written / have
written / wrote) three books. |
|
28 |
We ________ (have bought / has
bought / bought) a new car. |
|
29 |
She ________ (has not called /
have not called / did not call) me until now. |
|
30 |
________ he ________ (Has / gone,
Have / gone, Did / go) to the market? |
|
31 |
I ________ (have drunk / has drunk
/ drank) three cups of tea today. |
|
32 |
They ________ (have known / has
known / knew) the truth for a long time. |
|
33 |
She ________ (has given / have
given / gave) me a gift. |
|
34 |
He ________ (has spoken / have
spoken / spoke) to the manager already. |
|
35 |
We ________ (have begun / has
begun / began) the meeting. |
|
36 |
I ________ (have not taken / has
not taken / did not take) a shower yet. |
|
37 |
She ________ (has cleaned / have
cleaned / cleaned) the house. |
|
38 |
They ________ (have watched / has
watched / watched) this movie several times. |
|
39 |
He ________ (has missed / have
missed / missed) the bus. |
|
40 |
________ you ________ (Have / ever
been, Has / ever been, Did / ever be) to Japan? |
|
41 |
I ________ (have worked / has
worked / worked) here since 2015. |
|
42 |
She ________ (has cooked / have
cooked / cooked) dinner. |
|
43 |
We ________ (have not finished /
has not finished / did not finish) the work yet. |
|
44 |
He ________ (has just left / have
just left / just left) the building. |
|
45 |
They ________ (have lived / has
lived / lived) abroad for many years. |
|
46 |
I ________ (have read / has read /
read) that book twice. |
|
47 |
She ________ (has taken / have
taken / took) her medicine. |
|
48 |
He ________ (has not arrived /
have not arrived / did not arrive) until now. |
|
49 |
________ she ________ (Has /
eaten, Have / eaten, Did / eat) breakfast? |
|
50 |
We ________ (have visited / has
visited / visited) the museum recently. |
|
51 |
I ________ (have brushed / has
brushed / brushed) my teeth. |
|
52 |
He ________ (has completed / have
completed / completed) his degree. |
|
53 |
They ________ (have gone / has
gone / went) to the cinema. |
|
54 |
She ________ (has not seen / have
not seen / did not see) him lately. |
|
55 |
I ________ (have known / has known
/ knew) her for five years. |
|
56 |
He ________ (has already eaten /
have already eaten / already ate). |
|
57 |
We ________ (have not met / has
not met / did not meet) him so far. |
|
58 |
She ________ (has bought / have
bought / bought) a new phone. |
|
59 |
They ________ (have been / has been
/ were) to Nepal twice. |
|
60 |
I ________ (have just heard / has
just heard / just heard) the news. |
|
61 |
He ________ (has worked / have
worked / worked) in this company for three years. |
|
62 |
She ________ (has not finished /
have not finished / did not finish) her homework yet. |
|
63 |
________ you ________ (Have /
seen, Has / seen, Did / see) my keys? |
|
64 |
We ________ (have known / has
known / knew) each other since 2010. |
|
65 |
He ________ (has broken / have
broken / broke) the window. |
|
66 |
I ________ (have never been / has
never been / never was) to Australia. |
|
67 |
She ________ (has given / have
given / gave) him the book. |
|
68 |
They ________ (have not come / has
not come / did not come) yet. |
|
69 |
He ________ (has recently returned
/ have recently returned / recently returned) from abroad. |
|
70 |
I ________ (have studied / has
studied / studied) English for many years. |
|
71 |
She ________ (has written / have
written / wrote) a letter to her friend. |
|
72 |
We ________ (have not eaten / has
not eaten / did not eat) anything since morning. |
|
73 |
He ________ (has just called /
have just called / just called) me. |
|
74 |
They ________ (have taken / has
taken / took) many photos so far. |
|
75 |
I ________ (have lost / has lost /
lost) my wallet. |
|
76 |
She ________ (has spoken / have
spoken / spoke) to the teacher already. |
|
77 |
He ________ (has not taken / have
not taken / did not take) his medicine yet. |
|
78 |
________ he ________ (Has /
finished, Have / finished, Did / finish) the task? |
|
79 |
We ________ (have lived / has
lived / lived) here since 2018. |
|
80 |
I ________ (have drunk / has drunk
/ drank) coffee today. |
|
81 |
She ________ (has cleaned / have
cleaned / cleaned) her room. |
|
82 |
They ________ (have not seen / has
not seen / did not see) the movie yet. |
|
83 |
He ________ (has bought / have
bought / bought) a new laptop. |
|
84 |
I ________ (have visited / has
visited / visited) Pokhara several times. |
|
85 |
She ________ (has just finished /
have just finished / just finished) her work. |
|
86 |
We ________ (have known / has
known / knew) him for a long time. |
|
87 |
He ________ (has not arrived /
have not arrived / did not arrive) yet. |
|
88 |
________ you ________ (Have / ever
eaten, Has / ever eaten, Did / ever eat) Nepali food? |
|
89 |
I ________ (have completed / has
completed / completed) my assignment. |
|
90 |
She ________ (has gone / have gone
/ went) to the market. |
|
91 |
They ________ (have worked / has
worked / worked) together for many years. |
|
92 |
He ________ (has already left /
have already left / already left) the house. |
|
93 |
I ________ (have not seen / has
not seen / did not see) him recently. |
|
94 |
She ________ (has taken / have
taken / took) many photos. |
|
95 |
We ________ (have not finished /
has not finished / did not finish) the project yet. |
|
96 |
He ________ (has just arrived /
have just arrived / just arrived) at the station. |
|
97 |
I ________ (have read / has read /
read) many books on this topic. |
|
98 |
She ________ (has cooked / have
cooked / cooked) dinner for us. |
|
99 |
They ________ (have been / has
been / were) married for ten years. |
|
100 |
I ________ (have learned / has
learned / learned) a lot from this course. |
12.
Part 2:
Answers with Short Reasons
|
# |
Answer |
Short
Reason |
|
1 |
have finished |
I + have + V3 |
|
2 |
has eaten |
She + has + V3 |
|
3 |
have gone |
They + have + V3 |
|
4 |
has not come |
He + has + not + V3 |
|
5 |
Have / been |
Question: Have + you + V3 |
|
6 |
have known |
We + have + V3 (duration: for) |
|
7 |
has worked |
She + has + V3 (since) |
|
8 |
have just finished |
I + have + just + V3 |
|
9 |
has already left |
He + has + already + V3 |
|
10 |
have not arrived |
They + have + not + V3 (yet) |
|
11 |
Has / completed |
Question: Has + she + V3 |
|
12 |
have never seen |
I + have + never + V3 |
|
13 |
have lived |
We + have + V3 (for) |
|
14 |
has broken |
He + has + V3 |
|
15 |
has lost |
She + has + V3 |
|
16 |
have visited |
I + have + V3 (experience) |
|
17 |
have completed |
They + have + V3 |
|
18 |
has not eaten |
He + has + not + V3 |
|
19 |
Have / finished |
Question: Have + you + V3 |
|
20 |
has recently moved |
She + has + recently + V3 |
|
21 |
have studied |
I + have + V3 (for) |
|
22 |
have not seen |
We + have + not + V3 (yet) |
|
23 |
has just arrived |
He + has + just + V3 |
|
24 |
have been |
They + have + V3 (since) |
|
25 |
has never eaten |
She + has + never + V3 |
|
26 |
have taken |
I + have + V3 (so far) |
|
27 |
has written |
He + has + V3 |
|
28 |
have bought |
We + have + V3 |
|
29 |
has not called |
She + has + not + V3 (until now) |
|
30 |
Has / gone |
Question: Has + he + V3 |
|
31 |
have drunk |
I + have + V3 (today) |
|
32 |
have known |
They + have + V3 (for) |
|
33 |
has given |
She + has + V3 |
|
34 |
has spoken |
He + has + V3 (already) |
|
35 |
have begun |
We + have + V3 |
|
36 |
have not taken |
I + have + not + V3 (yet) |
|
37 |
has cleaned |
She + has + V3 |
|
38 |
have watched |
They + have + V3 (several times) |
|
39 |
has missed |
He + has + V3 |
|
40 |
Have / ever been |
Question: Have + you + ever + V3 |
|
41 |
have worked |
I + have + V3 (since) |
|
42 |
has cooked |
She + has + V3 |
|
43 |
have not finished |
We + have + not + V3 (yet) |
|
44 |
has just left |
He + has + just + V3 |
|
45 |
have lived |
They + have + V3 (for) |
|
46 |
have read |
I + have + V3 (twice) |
|
47 |
has taken |
She + has + V3 |
|
48 |
has not arrived |
He + has + not + V3 (until now) |
|
49 |
Has / eaten |
Question: Has + she + V3 |
|
50 |
have visited |
We + have + V3 (recently) |
|
51 |
have brushed |
I + have + V3 |
|
52 |
has completed |
He + has + V3 |
|
53 |
have gone |
They + have + V3 |
|
54 |
has not seen |
She + has + not + V3 (lately) |
|
55 |
have known |
I + have + V3 (for) |
|
56 |
has already eaten |
He + has + already + V3 |
|
57 |
have not met |
We + have + not + V3 (so far) |
|
58 |
has bought |
She + has + V3 |
|
59 |
have been |
They + have + V3 (twice) |
|
60 |
have just heard |
I + have + just + V3 |
|
61 |
has worked |
He + has + V3 (for) |
|
62 |
has not finished |
She + has + not + V3 (yet) |
|
63 |
Have / seen |
Question: Have + you + V3 |
|
64 |
have known |
We + have + V3 (since) |
|
65 |
has broken |
He + has + V3 |
|
66 |
have never been |
I + have + never + V3 |
|
67 |
has given |
She + has + V3 |
|
68 |
have not come |
They + have + not + V3 (yet) |
|
69 |
has recently returned |
He + has + recently + V3 |
|
70 |
have studied |
I + have + V3 (for) |
|
71 |
has written |
She + has + V3 |
|
72 |
have not eaten |
We + have + not + V3 (since) |
|
73 |
has just called |
He + has + just + V3 |
|
74 |
have taken |
They + have + V3 (so far) |
|
75 |
have lost |
I + have + V3 |
|
76 |
has spoken |
She + has + V3 (already) |
|
77 |
has not taken |
He + has + not + V3 (yet) |
|
78 |
Has / finished |
Question: Has + he + V3 |
|
79 |
have lived |
We + have + V3 (since) |
|
80 |
have drunk |
I + have + V3 (today) |
|
81 |
has cleaned |
She + has + V3 |
|
82 |
have not seen |
They + have + not + V3 (yet) |
|
83 |
has bought |
He + has + V3 |
|
84 |
have visited |
I + have + V3 (several times) |
|
85 |
has just finished |
She + has + just + V3 |
|
86 |
have known |
We + have + V3 (for) |
|
87 |
has not arrived |
He + has + not + V3 (yet) |
|
88 |
Have / ever eaten |
Question: Have + you + ever + V3 |
|
89 |
have completed |
I + have + V3 |
|
90 |
has gone |
She + has + V3 |
|
91 |
have worked |
They + have + V3 (for) |
|
92 |
has already left |
He + has + already + V3 |
|
93 |
have not seen |
I + have + not + V3 (recently) |
|
94 |
has taken |
She + has + V3 |
|
95 |
have not finished |
We + have + not + V3 (yet) |
|
96 |
has just arrived |
He + has + just + V3 |
|
97 |
have read |
I + have + V3 |
|
98 |
has cooked |
She + has + V3 |
|
99 |
have been |
They + have + V3 (for) |
|
100 |
have learned |
I + have + V3 |
Quick
Reference: Key Rules
|
Rule |
Explanation |
|
I/You/We/They |
Use have |
|
He/She/It |
Use has |
|
V3 required |
Always use Past Participle (V3) |
|
Negative |
have/has + not + V3 |
|
Question |
Have/Has + subject + V3? |
|
For |
Duration (for two years) |
|
Since |
Starting point (since 2018) |
|
Just |
भर्खरै (recent action) |
|
Already |
पहिले नै
(before expected) |
|
Yet |
अझै
(negative/question) |
|
Ever |
कहिल्यै (question) |
|
Never |
कहिल्यै पनि
नहुने |
14.
Common
Irregular V3 Forms to Remember
|
V1 |
V3 |
Nepali |
|
go |
gone |
गएको |
|
eat |
eaten |
खाएको |
|
see |
seen |
देखेको |
|
do |
done |
गरेको |
|
write |
written |
लेखेको |
|
take |
taken |
लिएको |
|
give |
given |
दिएको |
|
come |
come |
आएको |
|
buy |
bought |
किनेको |
|
read |
read |
पढेको |
|
speak |
spoken |
बोलेको |
|
break |
broken |
भाँचेको |
|
drink |
drunk |
पिएको |
|
know |
known |
थाहा
भएको |
|
begin |
begun |
सुरु
गरेको |
No comments:
Post a Comment