PTE "Respond to a Situation" – Common Vocabulary with Nepali Meaning & Sentences (For Beginners)
Here
are the most useful words and phrases you need for this task, with Nepali
meaning and simple sentences to help you practice.
1. Greetings & Opening Words
|
Good morning |
शुभ
प्रभात |
Good morning, Professor. |
|
Good afternoon |
शुभ
दिउँसो |
Good afternoon, sir. |
|
Good evening |
शुभ
साँझ |
Good evening, madam. |
|
Hello |
नमस्ते |
Hello, I need your help. |
|
Hi |
नमस्ते
(साथीलाई) |
Hi, how are you? |
|
Hey |
ए
(साथीलाई) |
Hey, can you help me? |
|
Excuse me |
माफ
गर्नुहोस् |
Excuse me, may I ask something? |
|
Sorry to bother you |
तपाईंलाई
दुख
दिएकोमा
माफ
गर्नुहोस् |
Sorry to bother you, Professor. |
2. Polite Request Words
|
Could you...? |
के
तपाईं...
सक्नुहुन्छ? |
Could you help me? |
|
Would you...? |
के
तपाईं...
गर्नुहुन्छ? |
Would you write a letter? |
|
Would it be possible to...? |
के
यो
सम्भव
हुन्छ...? |
Would it be possible to get an extension? |
|
Can I...? |
के
म...
सक्छु? |
Can I borrow your car? |
|
May I...? |
के
म...
सक्छु?
(औपचारिक) |
May I ask a question? |
|
I was wondering if... |
म
सोच्दै
थिएँ
कि... |
I was wondering if you could help. |
|
I'd like to... |
म...
चाहन्छु |
I'd like to request a refund. |
|
Please |
कृपया |
Please help me. |
3. Apology Words
|
I'm sorry |
माफ
गर्नुहोस् |
I'm sorry I'm late. |
|
I apologize |
म
क्षमा
माग्छु |
I apologize for the mistake. |
|
I feel bad |
मलाई
नराम्रो
लाग्छ |
I feel bad about canceling. |
|
I'm afraid I can't |
मलाई
डर
छ
म
सक्दिन |
I'm afraid I can't come. |
|
Unfortunately |
दुर्भाग्यवश |
Unfortunately, I can't make it. |
|
It won't happen again |
यो
फेरि
हुनेछैन |
I promise it won't happen again. |
|
Forgive me |
मलाई
माफ
गर्नुहोस् |
Please forgive me. |
4. Agreement & Positive Words
|
Sure |
पक्का |
Sure, I can help. |
|
Of course |
अवश्य |
Of course, you can borrow it. |
|
Absolutely |
बिल्कुल |
Absolutely, I agree. |
|
No problem |
कुनै
समस्या
छैन |
No problem, I'll do it. |
|
That works |
त्यो
ठीक
छ |
Saturday works for me. |
|
I'd love to |
मलाई
खुसी
हुन्छ |
I'd love to come! |
|
Sounds good |
राम्रो
लाग्छ |
Sounds good, let's do it. |
|
I'd be happy to |
म
खुसी
हुन्छु |
I'd be happy to help. |
5. Refusing & Negative Words
|
I can't |
म
सक्दिन |
I can't come tomorrow. |
|
I'm not able to |
म
सक्षम
छैन |
I'm not able to attend. |
|
I'd love to, but... |
म
चाहन्छु,
तर... |
I'd love to, but I'm busy. |
|
Maybe another time |
सायद
अर्को
पटक |
Maybe another time, sorry. |
|
I'm afraid not |
मलाई
डर
छ
छैन |
I'm afraid not, I'm busy. |
|
I have to decline |
म
अस्वीकार
गर्नुपर्छ |
I have to decline your invitation. |
|
Sadly |
दुःखका
साथ |
Sadly, I can't make it. |
6. Asking for Information
|
Could you tell me...? |
के
तपाईं
मलाई
बताउनुहुन्छ...? |
Could you tell me the deadline? |
|
Do you know...? |
तपाईंलाई
थाहा
छ...? |
Do you know the process? |
|
I'd like to know... |
म
जान्न
चाहन्छु... |
I'd like to know the requirements. |
|
What is...? |
के
हो...? |
What is the fee? |
|
How do I...? |
म
कसरी...? |
How do I apply? |
|
Is there...? |
के
त्यहाँ...
छ? |
Is there a waiting list? |
|
When is...? |
कहिले
हो...? |
When is the deadline? |
7. Time & Schedule Words
|
Tomorrow |
भोलि |
I need it by tomorrow. |
|
Next week |
अर्को
हप्ता |
Can we meet next week? |
|
This weekend |
यो
सप्ताहन्त |
Are you free this weekend? |
|
Deadline |
समयसीमा |
The deadline is Friday. |
|
Extension |
म्याद
थप |
Could I get an extension? |
|
On time |
समयमै |
I'll submit it on time. |
|
Late |
ढिलो |
I'm sorry I'm late. |
|
Soon |
चाँडै |
I'll pay you back soon. |
|
In advance |
अग्रिम |
Thank you in advance. |
8. Place & Location Words
|
Here |
यहाँ |
I left it here. |
|
There |
त्यहाँ |
I'll meet you there. |
|
At the library |
पुस्तकालयमा |
I'll be at the library. |
|
On campus |
क्याम्पसमा |
The office is on campus. |
|
Nearby |
नजिकै |
Is there a doctor nearby? |
|
Far |
टाढा |
It's too far for me. |
|
My place |
मेरो
घर |
Come to my place. |
|
Your office |
तपाईंको
कार्यालय |
I'll come to your office. |
9. Money & Payment Words
|
Pay |
तिर्नु |
I'll pay you back. |
|
Refund |
फिर्ता |
I'd like a refund. |
|
Fee |
शुल्क |
What's the fee? |
|
Free |
निःशुल्क |
Is it free? |
|
Expensive |
महँगो |
It's too expensive. |
|
Cheap |
सस्तो |
Can we find something cheaper? |
|
Borrow |
उधारो
लिनु |
Can I borrow money? |
|
Lend |
उधारो
दिनु |
Can you lend me some? |
|
Installment |
किस्ता |
Do you offer installments? |
|
Discount |
छुट |
Is there a discount? |
10. Health & Feelings Words
|
Sick |
बिरामी |
I've been sick. |
|
Unwell |
अस्वस्थ |
I'm feeling unwell. |
|
Headache |
टाउको
दुखाइ |
I have a bad headache. |
|
Stressed |
तनावमा |
I'm really stressed. |
|
Tired |
थकित |
I'm too tired to come. |
|
Better |
निको |
I'm feeling better now. |
|
Emergency |
आपतकाल |
It's a family emergency. |
|
Appointment |
भेटघाट |
I have a doctor's appointment. |
11. Study & Academic Words
|
Assignment |
असाइनमेन्ट |
My assignment is due Friday. |
|
Exam |
परीक्षा |
I have an exam next week. |
|
Grade |
अंक |
I got a low grade. |
|
Professor |
प्रोफेसर |
I'll ask my professor. |
|
Class |
कक्षा |
I missed class yesterday. |
|
Notes |
नोट |
Could you share the notes? |
|
Transcript |
ट्रान्सक्रिप्ट |
I need my transcript. |
|
Scholarship |
छात्रवृत्ति |
I'm applying for a scholarship. |
|
Thesis |
थेसिस |
My thesis is due soon. |
|
Tutor |
शिक्षक |
I need a math tutor. |
12. Work & Job Words
|
Boss / Manager |
मालिक
/ प्रबन्धक |
I'll talk to my manager. |
|
Salary |
तलब |
I'd like to discuss my salary. |
|
Shift |
पाली |
Can I change my shift? |
|
Day off |
बिदा |
I need a day off. |
|
Meeting |
बैठक |
I missed the meeting. |
|
Deadline |
समयसीमा |
The deadline is tomorrow. |
|
Interview |
अन्तर्वार्ता |
I have a job interview. |
|
Reference |
सिफारिस |
Could you be my reference? |
|
Raise |
तलब
वृद्धि |
I'd like to ask for a raise. |
|
Transfer |
स्थानान्तरण |
I'd like a department transfer. |
13. Daily Life Words
|
Roommate |
कोठा
साथी |
My roommate is messy. |
|
Neighbor |
छिमेकी |
My neighbor is noisy. |
|
Landlord |
घर
मालिक |
I'll call the landlord. |
|
Rent |
भाडा |
I can't pay rent this month. |
|
Move |
सर्नु |
I'm moving next month. |
|
Broken |
बिग्रिएको |
My car is broken. |
|
Fix |
मर्मत
गर्नु |
Could you fix it? |
|
Noise |
हल्ला |
The noise is too loud. |
|
Quiet |
शान्त |
Please be quiet. |
|
Clean |
सफा |
Could you clean up? |
14. Useful Connector Words
|
But |
तर |
I'd love to, but I'm busy. |
|
Because |
किनभने |
I can't come because I'm sick. |
|
So |
त्यसैले |
I'm busy, so I can't come. |
|
However |
तर
पनि |
However, I have a problem. |
|
Also |
पनि |
I also need help. |
|
Maybe |
सायद |
Maybe next week? |
|
Actually |
वास्तवमा |
Actually, I can't make it. |
|
Unfortunately |
दुर्भाग्यवश |
Unfortunately, I'm busy. |
|
Anyway |
जे
भए
पनि |
Anyway, thanks for asking. |
15. Closing & Thanking Words
|
Thank you |
धन्यवाद |
Thank you for your help. |
|
Thanks a lot |
धेरै
धन्यवाद |
Thanks a lot for understanding. |
|
I appreciate it |
म
कदर
गर्छु |
I really appreciate it. |
|
Thanks for your time |
तपाईंको
समयको
लागि
धन्यवाद |
Thanks for your time, Professor. |
|
Have a good day |
राम्रो
दिन
होस् |
Have a good day! |
|
See you |
भेटौंला |
See you next week. |
|
Take care |
ध्यान
राख्नुहोस् |
Take care! |
|
Let me know |
मलाई
थाहा
दिनुहोस् |
Let me know if that works. |
|
Looking forward |
प्रतीक्षामा |
I look forward to hearing from you. |
Quick Summary Table – Most Important 20 Words
|
Could you |
के
तपाईं |
Request |
|
Would it be possible |
के
सम्भव
छ |
Polite request |
|
Sorry |
माफ
गर्नुहोस् |
Apology |
|
I'm afraid |
मलाई
डर
छ |
Polite refusal |
|
Thank you |
धन्यवाद |
Gratitude |
|
Please |
कृपया |
Polite |
|
I'd like to |
म
चाहन्छु |
Request |
|
Let me know |
थाहा
दिनुहोस् |
Closing |
|
Unfortunately |
दुर्भाग्यवश |
Bad news |
|
Of course |
अवश्य |
Agreement |
|
No problem |
समस्या
छैन |
Agreement |
|
Maybe |
सायद |
Suggestion |
|
Because |
किनभने |
Reason |
|
But |
तर |
Contrast |
|
Deadline |
समयसीमा |
Time |
|
Extension |
म्याद
थप |
Time |
|
Appointment |
भेटघाट |
Meeting |
|
Emergency |
आपतकाल |
Urgent |
|
Appreciate |
कदर
गर्नु |
Gratitude |
|
Congratulations |
बधाई
छ |
Celebration |
🎯 Practice Tip for Beginners
1.
Learn
5 words per day – Don't try to
memorize all at once.
2.
Say
the sentence out loud – Practice
pronunciation.
3.
Use
them in your own situations –
Make your own sentences.
4.
Record
yourself – Listen and improve.
5.
Focus
on tone – Formal vs. informal
matters more than big words.
No comments:
Post a Comment