Monday, 20 July 2026

100 Fill-in-the-Blank Questions

100 Fill-in-the-Blank Questions

Set 1: Greetings & Introductions

1.      __________ are you doing today? (How / What / Where)

2.      Long time no __________! (see / saw / seen)

3.      Nice to __________ you. (meet / met / meeting)

4.      My __________ is Sita. (name / named / naming)

5.      Where are you __________? (from / of / at)

Set 2: Daily Routine

6.      I __________ up at 6 AM every day. (wake / woke / woken)

7.      I brush my __________ after breakfast. (teeth / tooth / tooths)

8.      I __________ a shower before work. (take / took / taken)

9.      I go to __________ by bus. (work / working / worked)

10. We __________ dinner at 8 PM. (have / has / had)

Set 3: Family & Relationships

11. My __________ family has four people. (immediate / immediate / immediat)

12. She __________ like her mother. (looks / looked / looking)

13. I get __________ with my brother. (along / long / among)

14. My parents __________ me well. (raised / rise / risen)

15. I __________ up in Kathmandu. (grew / grown / grow)

Set 4: Food & Eating

16. I am __________, let's eat. (hungry / thirsty / tired)

17. I am __________; give me water. (hungry / thirsty / angry)

18. This food is very __________. (delicious / terrible / spicy)

19. Nepali food is often __________. (spicy / sweet / bitter)

20. Let's __________ out tonight. (eat / ate / eaten)

Set 5: Health & Body

21. I have a bad __________. (headache / stomach / fever)

22. She has a high __________. (fever / cold / cough)

23. I __________ a cold yesterday. (caught / catch / catching)

24. You should __________ a doctor. (see / saw / seen)

25. Don't forget to __________ your medicine. (take / took / taken)

Set 6: Shopping

26. __________ much is this shirt? (How / What / Why)

27. This is too __________ for me. (expensive / cheap / good)

28. Can you give me a __________? (discount / bill / change)

29. Can I __________ it on? (try / tried / trying)

30. Okay, I will __________ it. (take / took / taken)

Set 7: Asking for Directions

31. Where is the __________ hospital? (nearest / near / next)

32. __________ left at the traffic light. (Turn / Walk / Run)

33. Go __________ for 100 meters. (straight / left / right)

34. The bus stop is __________. (nearby / far / opposite)

35. The shop is __________ the temple. (opposite / beside / behind)

Set 8: Workplace & Business

36. We __________ out of time. (ran / run / running)

37. I have to __________ with clients. (deal / dealt / dealing)

38. Please __________ out this form. (fill / filled / filling)

39. Who will __________ over the project? (take / took / taken)

40. I had to __________ overtime today. (work / worked / working)

Set 9: Travel & Tourism

41. I need to __________ a flight ticket. (book / booked / booking)

42. Let's __________ in to the hotel. (check / checked / checking)

43. Can you help me carry my __________? (luggage / luggage / luggages)

44. We went __________ in Pokhara. (sightseeing / sightseen / sightsee)

45. Can you __________ a photo of me? (take / took / taken)

Set 10: Weather & Seasons

46. It's __________ heavily outside. (raining / raining / rained)

47. Today is a __________ day. (sunny / rainy / cloudy)

48. It's very __________ in the morning. (cold / hot / warm)

49. It's too __________ to go out. (hot / cold / cool)

50. The valley is __________ today. (foggy / sunny / windy)

Bonus: Mix of All Topics

51. I am __________ to see you. (happy / sad / bored)

52. I am __________ because I lost my phone. (sad / happy / excited)

53. I am very __________ today. (tired / fresh / energetic)

54. I have nothing to do; I am __________. (bored / excited / happy)

55. I am __________ about the trip. (excited / sad / tired)

More: Time & Schedule

56. Please arrive __________ time. (on / in / at)

57. I am sorry I am __________. (late / early / on time)

58. I woke up __________ today. (early / late / yesterday)

59. I will come in a __________. (while / minute / hour)

60. I like to __________ time with my family. (spend / spent / spending)

More: Education & Learning

61. __________ attention to the teacher. (Pay / Paid / Paying)

62. I have to do my __________ now. (homework / homeworks / home)

63. I will take my __________ next week. (exam / exams / examination)

64. I hope I don't __________ the test. (fail / pass / give)

65. I __________ the poem by heart. (learned / learn / learning)

More: Technology & Internet

66. Please __________ in to your account. (log / logged / logging)

67. __________ off the computer. (Turn / Turns / Turning)

68. I __________ the internet daily. (surf / surfs / surfing)

69. I am __________ a movie. (downloading / download / downloaded)

70. The video went __________. (viral / famous / popular)

More: Emergency & Problems

71. __________ the police, please! (Call / Calls / Calling)

72. __________ me, I am drowning! (Help / Helps / Helped)

73. I am __________, can you help me? (lost / lose / losing)

74. My car __________ down on the way. (broke / break / broken)

75. The TV doesn't __________. (work / works / worked)

More: At the Restaurant

76. Can I __________ the menu? (see / saw / seen)

77. What do you __________ here? (recommend / recommended / recommending)

78. I am a __________, no meat please. (vegetarian / non-vegetarian / vegan)

79. Can we have the __________, please? (bill / menu / food)

80. __________ the change as a tip. (Keep / Keeps / Keeping)

More: At the Hotel

81. I have a __________ under my name. (reservation / room / booking)

82. What is the __________ time? (check-out / check-in / breakfast)

83. Can I __________ room service? (order / ordered / ordering)

84. Is breakfast __________ in the price? (included / excluding / include)

85. I need __________ towels. (extra / less / more)

More: Talking About Hobbies

86. What are your __________? (hobbies / jobs / works)

87. I love __________ novels. (reading / read / reads)

88. I am __________ photography these days. (into / in / on)

89. I __________ the guitar. (play / plays / played)

90. I read to __________ time. (kill / spend / waste)

More: At the Bank

91. I want to __________ a savings account. (open / opened / opening)

92. I need to __________ this check. (deposit / withdraw / exchange)

93. I want to __________ some cash. (withdraw / deposit / exchange)

94. Please __________ out this form first. (fill / filled / filling)

95. Where can I __________ currency? (exchange / change / deposit)

More: Making Phone Calls

96. Can I __________ to Mr. Sharma? (speak / spoke / speaking)

97. __________ on, please, I'll call him. (Hold / Held / Holding)

98. I'm busy now; I'll __________ you back. (call / called / calling)

99. Sorry, I think I have the __________ number. (wrong / right / correct)

100.                     Can you __________ me clearly? (hear / heard / hearing)

 

Set 1: Greetings & Introductions (Q1–5)

1.      How are you doing today? ( How / What / Where)

2.      Long time no see! ( see / saw / seen)

3.      Nice to meet you. ( meet / met / meeting)

4.      My name is Sita. ( name / named / naming)

5.      Where are you from? ( from / of / at)

Set 2: Daily Routine (Q6–10)

6.      I wake up at 6 AM every day. ( wake / woke / woken)

7.      I brush my teeth after breakfast. ( teeth / tooth / tooths)

8.      I take a shower before work. ( take / took / taken)

9.      I go to work by bus. ( work / working / worked)

10. We have dinner at 8 PM. ( have / has / had)

Set 3: Family & Relationships (Q11–15)

11. My immediate family has four people. ( immediate / immediat)

12. She looks like her mother. ( looks / looked / looking)

13. I get along with my brother. ( along / long / among)

14. My parents raised me well. ( raised / rise / risen)

15. I grew up in Kathmandu. ( grew / grown / grow)

Set 4: Food & Eating (Q16–20)

16. I am hungry, let's eat. ( hungry / thirsty / tired)

17. I am thirsty; give me water. ( thirsty / hungry / angry)

18. This food is very delicious. ( delicious / terrible / spicy)

19. Nepali food is often spicy. ( spicy / sweet / bitter)

20. Let's eat out tonight. ( eat / ate / eaten)

Set 5: Health & Body (Q21–25)

21. I have a bad headache. ( headache / stomach / fever)

22. She has a high fever. ( fever / cold / cough)

23. I caught a cold yesterday. ( caught / catch / catching)

24. You should see a doctor. ( see / saw / seen)

25. Don't forget to take your medicine. ( take / took / taken)

Set 6: Shopping (Q26–30)

26. How much is this shirt? ( How / What / Why)

27. This is too expensive for me. ( expensive / cheap / good)

28. Can you give me a discount? ( discount / bill / change)

29. Can I try it on? ( try / tried / trying)

30. Okay, I will take it. ( take / took / taken)

Set 7: Asking for Directions (Q31–35)

31. Where is the nearest hospital? ( nearest / near / next)

32. Turn left at the traffic light. ( Turn / Walk / Run)

33. Go straight for 100 meters. ( straight / left / right)

34. The bus stop is nearby. ( nearby / far / opposite)

35. The shop is opposite the temple. ( opposite / beside / behind)

Set 8: Workplace & Business (Q36–40)

36. We ran out of time. ( ran / run / running)

37. I have to deal with clients. ( deal / dealt / dealing)

38. Please fill out this form. ( fill / filled / filling)

39. Who will take over the project? ( take / took / taken)

40. I had to work overtime today. ( work / worked / working)

Set 9: Travel & Tourism (Q41–45)

41. I need to book a flight ticket. ( book / booked / booking)

42. Let's check in to the hotel. ( check / checked / checking)

43. Can you help me carry my luggage? ( luggage / luggages)

44. We went sightseeing in Pokhara. ( sightseeing / sightseen / sightsee)

45. Can you take a photo of me? ( take / took / taken)

Set 10: Weather & Seasons (Q46–50)

46. It's raining heavily outside. ( raining / rained)

47. Today is a sunny day. ( sunny / rainy / cloudy)

48. It's very cold in the morning. ( cold / hot / warm)

49. It's too hot to go out. ( hot / cold / cool)

50. The valley is foggy today. ( foggy / sunny / windy)

Bonus: Mix of All Topics (Q51–55)

51. I am happy to see you. ( happy / sad / bored)

52. I am sad because I lost my phone. ( sad / happy / excited)

53. I am very tired today. ( tired / fresh / energetic)

54. I have nothing to do; I am bored. ( bored / excited / happy)

55. I am excited about the trip. ( excited / sad / tired)

Set 11: Time & Schedule (Q56–60)

56. Please arrive on time. ( on / in / at)

57. I am sorry I am late. ( late / early / on time)

58. I woke up early today. ( early / late / yesterday)

59. I will come in a while. ( while / minute / hour)

60. I like to spend time with my family. ( spend / spent / spending)

Set 12: Education & Learning (Q61–65)

61. Pay attention to the teacher. ( Pay / Paid / Paying)

62. I have to do my homework now. ( homework / homeworks / home)

63. I will take my exam next week. ( exam / exams / examination)

64. I hope I don't fail the test. ( fail / pass / give)

65. I learned the poem by heart. ( learned / learn / learning)

Set 13: Technology & Internet (Q66–70)

66. Please log in to your account. ( log / logged / logging)

67. Turn off the computer. ( Turn / Turns / Turning)

68. I surf the internet daily. ( surf / surfs / surfing)

69. I am downloading a movie. ( downloading / download / downloaded)

70. The video went viral. ( viral / famous / popular)

Set 14: Emergency & Problems (Q71–75)

71. Call the police, please! ( Call / Calls / Calling)

72. Help me, I am drowning! ( Help / Helps / Helped)

73. I am lost, can you help me? ( lost / lose / losing)

74. My car broke down on the way. ( broke / break / broken)

75. The TV doesn't work. ( work / works / worked)

Set 15: At the Restaurant (Q76–80)

76. Can I see the menu? ( see / saw / seen)

77. What do you recommend here? ( recommend / recommended / recommending)

78. I am a vegetarian, no meat please. ( vegetarian / non-vegetarian / vegan)

79. Can we have the bill, please? ( bill / menu / food)

80. Keep the change as a tip. ( Keep / Keeps / Keeping)

Set 16: At the Hotel (Q81–85)

81. I have a reservation under my name. ( reservation / room / booking)

82. What is the check-out time? ( check-out / check-in / breakfast)

83. Can I order room service? ( order / ordered / ordering)

84. Is breakfast included in the price? ( included / excluding / include)

85. I need extra towels. ( extra / less / more)

Set 17: Talking About Hobbies (Q86–90)

86. What are your hobbies? ( hobbies / jobs / works)

87. I love reading novels. ( reading / read / reads)

88. I am into photography these days. ( into / in / on)

89. I play the guitar. ( play / plays / played)

90. I read to kill time. ( kill / spend / waste)

Set 18: At the Bank (Q91–95)

91. I want to open a savings account. ( open / opened / opening)

92. I need to deposit this check. ( deposit / withdraw / exchange)

93. I want to withdraw some cash. ( withdraw / deposit / exchange)

94. Please fill out this form first. ( fill / filled / filling)

95. Where can I exchange currency? ( exchange / change / deposit)

Set 19: Making Phone Calls (Q96–100)

96. Can I speak to Mr. Sharma? ( speak / spoke / speaking)

97. Hold on, please, I'll call him. ( Hold / Held / Holding)

98. I'm busy now; I'll call you back. ( call / called / calling)

99. Sorry, I think I have the wrong number. ( wrong / right / correct)

100.                     Can you hear me clearly? ( hear / heard / hearing)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PTE Retell Lecture Practice

PTE Retell Lecture Practice Title: The Impact of Urban Green Spaces on Mental Well-being Urban green spaces, such as parks, community ga...