Wednesday, 22 July 2026

80 Fill-in-the-Blank Exercises Using is / am / are / have / has / was / were

80 Fill-in-the-Blank Exercises Using is / am / are / have / has / was / were

(Answers are NOT provided.)

1.      She __________ a talented singer. (is / am / are)

2.      I __________ going to the market right now. (is / am / are)

3.      They __________ very excited about the trip. (is / am / are)

4.      He __________ a beautiful car in his garage. (have / has)

5.      We __________ at the park yesterday. (was / were)

6.      You __________ looking very tired today. (is / am / are)

7.      The children __________ playing in the garden. (is / am / are)

8.      My mother __________ cooking dinner right now. (is / am / are)

9.      I __________ three younger siblings. (have / has)

10. The movie __________ really interesting. (was / were)

11. They __________ already finished their homework. (have / has)

12. She __________ a doctor at the city hospital. (is / am / are)

13. We __________ waiting for you since morning. (have / has)

14. The books __________ kept on the table. (was / were)

15. He __________ very kind to everyone. (is / am / are)

16. I __________ born in Kathmandu. (was / were)

17. The flowers __________ very beautiful. (is / am / are)

18. She __________ a lot of friends in school. (have / has)

19. You __________ supposed to be here at 9 AM. (was / were)

20. The dog __________ chasing the cat. (is / am / are)

21. We __________ no money left in our account. (have / has)

22. I __________ very hungry right now. (is / am / are)

23. The teachers __________ very helpful. (is / am / are)

24. He __________ late for the meeting yesterday. (was / were)

25. They __________ a big house in the village. (have / has)

26. This bag __________ too heavy for me. (is / am / are)

27. She __________ singing a beautiful song. (is / am / are)

28. The boys __________ playing football in the field. (is / am / are)

29. I __________ never been to Japan. (have / has)

30. The cake __________ delicious. (was / were)

31. You __________ my best friend. (is / am / are)

32. He __________ a new bicycle. (have / has)

33. The stars __________ shining brightly. (is / am / are)

34. She __________ very sad yesterday. (was / were)

35. We __________ enough time to finish this. (have / has)

36. I __________ very interested in art. (is / am / are)

37. The children __________ very noisy in the class. (was / were)

38. She __________ a great sense of humor. (have / has)

39. The water __________ too cold to drink. (is / am / are)

40. They __________ at home last night. (was / were)

41. I __________ so many questions to ask you. (have / has)

42. He __________ very busy this week. (is / am / are)

43. The girls __________ dancing on the stage. (is / am / are)

44. She __________ already eaten her lunch. (have / has)

45. We __________ very tired after the long walk. (was / were)

46. This phone __________ a great camera. (have / has)

47. I __________ going to visit my grandmother tomorrow. (is / am / are)

48. The roads __________ very slippery after the rain. (was / were)

49. He __________ always been very honest. (have / has)

50. The birds __________ flying towards the south. (is / am / are)

51. My parents __________ very supportive. (is / am / are)

52. She __________ the best student in our class. (is / am / are)

53. We __________ a wonderful time at the party. (have / has)

54. The food __________ really tasty. (was / were)

55. I __________ ready to start the project. (is / am / are)

56. The windows __________ open all night. (was / were)

57. He __________ to take this responsibility. (have / has)

58. The students __________ listening to the teacher. (is / am / are)

59. She __________ many beautiful dresses. (have / has)

60. The weather __________ lovely yesterday. (was / were)

61. You __________ doing a great job. (is / am / are)

62. The cat __________ sleeping on the sofa. (is / am / are)

63. We __________ heard this story before. (have / has)

64. I __________ very excited about the news. (is / am / are)

65. The guests __________ already arrived. (have / has)

66. He __________ watching TV when I called him. (was / were)

67. She __________ a very busy woman. (is / am / are)

68. The mangoes __________ very sweet. (is / am / are)

69. They __________ no idea about the surprise. (have / has)

70. I __________ at the office until 6 PM yesterday. (was / were)

71. The baby __________ sleeping peacefully. (is / am / are)

72. He __________ finished his homework already. (have / has)

73. The trains __________ running late today. (is / am / are)

74. She __________ a great artist. (is / am / are)

75. We __________ always loved this place. (have / has)

76. The room __________ very dark. (was / were)

77. I __________ feeling much better now. (is / am / are)

78. The students __________ taking their exams. (is / am / are)

79. He __________ two older sisters. (have / has)

80. The paintings __________ very expensive. (was / were)

Answers with Short Reasons

1.      is – "She" is singular.

2.      am – "I" always takes am.

3.      are – "They" is plural.

4.      has – "He" is singular.

5.      were – "We" is plural (past).

6.      are – "You" takes are.

7.      are – "Children" is plural.

8.      is – "Mother" is singular.

9.      have – "I" takes have.

10. was – "Movie" is singular (past).

11. have – "They" takes have.

12. is – "She" is singular.

13. have – "We" takes have.

14. were – "Books" is plural (past).

15. is – "He" is singular.

16. was – "I was born" is the correct expression.

17. are – "Flowers" is plural.

18. has – "She" is singular.

19. were – "You" takes were in the past.

20. is – "Dog" is singular.

21. have – "We" takes have.

22. am – "I" always takes am.

23. are – "Teachers" is plural.

24. was – "He" is singular (past).

25. have – "They" takes have.

26. is – "Bag" is singular.

27. is – "She" is singular.

28. are – "Boys" is plural.

29. have – Present perfect with "I".

30. was – "Cake" is singular (past).

31. are – "You" takes are.

32. has – "He" is singular.

33. are – "Stars" is plural.

34. was – "She" is singular (past).

35. have – "We" takes have.

36. am – "I" always takes am.

37. were – "Children" is plural (past).

38. has – "She" is singular.

39. is – "Water" is singular.

40. were – "They" is plural (past).

41. have – "I" takes have.

42. is – "He" is singular.

43. are – "Girls" is plural.

44. has – "She" is singular.

45. were – "We" is plural (past).

46. has – "Phone" is singular.

47. am – "I" always takes am.

48. were – "Roads" is plural (past).

49. has – "He" is singular.

50. are – "Birds" is plural.

51. are – "Parents" is plural.

52. is – "She" is singular.

53. have – "We" takes have.

54. was – "Food" is singular (past).

55. am – "I" always takes am.

56. were – "Windows" is plural (past).

57. has – "He" is singular.

58. are – "Students" is plural.

59. has – "She" is singular.

60. was – "Weather" is singular (past).

61. are – "You" takes are.

62. is – "Cat" is singular.

63. have – "We" takes have.

64. am – "I" always takes am.

65. have – "Guests" is plural.

66. was – "He" is singular (past continuous).

67. is – "She" is singular.

68. are – "Mangoes" is plural.

69. have – "They" takes have.

70. was – "I" is singular (past).

71. is – "Baby" is singular.

72. has – "He" is singular.

73. are – "Trains" is plural.

74. is – "She" is singular.

75. have – "We" takes have.

76. was – "Room" is singular (past).

77. am – "I" always takes am.

78. are – "Students" is plural.

79. has – "He" is singular.

80. were – "Paintings" is plural (past).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The information you've shared is mostly accurate, but a few points should be clarified for IELTS in Nepal.

The information you've shared is mostly accurate , but a few points should be clarified for IELTS in Nepal. Correct Information ✅ ...