Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Daily-Use English Vocabulary

Daily-Use English Vocabulary

Categorized by Common Situations, with Nepali Translations and Pronunciation Guides (in Nepali script) to help you speak naturally.


1. Morning Routine (बिहानको दिनचर्या)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Wake up

उठ्नु

Uthnu

Get dressed

लुगा लगाउनु

Lugā lagāunu

Brush teeth

दाँत माझ्नु

Dānt mājhnu

Take a shower

नुहाउनु

Nuhāunu

Have breakfast

खाजा खानु

Khājā khānu

Comb hair

कपाल कोर्नु

Kapāl kornu

Put on makeup

शृंगार गर्नु

Shringār garnu

Go to work/school

काम/स्कूल जानु

Kām/skool jānu


2. At the Office / Work (कार्यालयमा)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Meeting

बैठक

Baithak

Deadline

अन्तिम मिति

Antim miti

Computer

कम्प्युटर

Kampyuṭar

Printer

प्रिन्टर

Prinṭar

File / Document

फाइल / कागजात

Phāil / Kāgajāt

Salary

तलब

Talab

Leave application

बिदाको निवेदन

Bidāko nivedan

Overtime

ओभरटाइम

Ovharṭāim

Boss

मालिक

Mālik

Colleague

सहकर्मी

Sahakarmī


3. At a Restaurant (खाना पसलमा)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Menu

मेन्यू

Menyu

Order

अर्डर गर्नु

Arḍar garnu

Bill / Check

बिल

Bil

Waiter

वेटर

Veṭar

Delicious

स्वादिलो

Swādilo

Spicy

पिरो

Piro

Water

पानी

Pāni

Fork / Spoon

काँटा / चम्चा

Kā̃ṭā / Chamchā

Appetizer

भूख बढाउने

Bhukh baḍhāune

Dessert

मिठाई

Mithāi


4. Shopping (किनमेल)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Price

मूल्य

Mūlya

Discount

छुट

Chuṭ

Size

साइज

Sāij

Color

रङ

Raṅ

Try on

लगाएर हेर्नु

Lagāer hernu

Expensive

महँगो

Mahaṅgo

Cheap

सस्तो

Sasto

Cash

नगद

Nagad

Card

कार्ड

Kārḍ

Return / Exchange

फिर्ता / साट्नु

Phirtā / Sāṭnu


5. Travel & Transportation (यात्रा यातायात)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Ticket

टिकट

Ṭikaṭ

Bus

बस

Bas

Taxi

ट्याक्सी

Tyāksī

Flight

उडान

Uḍān

Airport

विमानस्थल

Vimānasthal

Luggage

सामान

Sāmān

Platform

प्लेटफर्म

Pleṭapharm

Departure

प्रस्थान

Prasthān

Arrival

आगमन

Āgaman

Passenger

यात्रु

Yātru


6. At the Bank (बैंकमा)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Account

खाता

Khātā

Withdraw

झिक्नु

Jhiknu

Deposit

जम्मा गर्नु

Jammā garnu

Loan

ऋण

Riṇ

Interest

ब्याज

Byāj

Balance

बाँकी

Bā̃kī

Cheque

चेक

Chek

Passbook

पासबुक

Pāsbook

Transfer

रकम पठाउनु

Rakam paṭhāunu


7. At the Hospital / Doctor (अस्पतालमा)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Doctor

डाक्टर

Ḍākṭar

Nurse

नर्स

Nars

Medicine

औषधि

Aushadhi

Fever

ज्वरो

Jwaro

Cough

खोकी

Khokī

Pain

पीडा

Pīḍā

Headache

टाउको दुख्नु

Ṭāuko dukhnu

Stomach ache

पेट दुख्नु

Peṭ dukhnu

Injection

सुई

Suī

Operation

शल्यक्रिया

Shalyakriyā


8. Household Chores (घरायसी काम)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Clean

सफा गर्नु

Saphā garnu

Sweep

बढार्नु

Baḍhārnu

Wash clothes

लुगा धुनु

Lugā dhunu

Cook

पकाउनु

Pakāunu

Wash dishes

भाँडा धुनु

Bhā̃ḍā dhunu

Iron clothes

लुगा इस्त्री गर्नु

Lugā istrī garnu

Make the bed

ओछ्यान मिलाउनु

Ochhyān milāunu

Grocery

किराना

Kirānā


9. Emotions & Feelings (भावना अनुभूति)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Happy

खुसी

Khusī

Sad

दुःखी

Duḥkhī

Angry

रिसाएको

Risāeko

Tired

थाकेको

Thākeko

Hungry

भोको

Bhoko

Thirsty

तिर्खाएको

Tirkhāeko

Scared

डराएको

Ḍarāeko

Excited

उत्साहित

Utsāhit

Bored

बोर भएको

Bor bhaeko

Confused

अलमलमा

Alamalmā


10. Common Greetings & Phrases (सामान्य अभिवादन)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Hello / Hi

नमस्ते

Namaste

Good Morning

शुभ प्रभात

Shubha Prabhāt

Good Night

शुभ रात्री

Shubha Rātrī

How are you?

तपाईंलाई कस्तो ?

Tapāīnlāī kasto cha?

I am fine.

ठिक छु।

Ma ṭhik chu.

Thank you

धन्यवाद

Dhanyavād

Sorry

माफ गर्नुहोस्

Māph garnuhos

Please

कृपया

Kripayā

What is your name?

तपाईंको नाम के हो?

Tapāīṅko nām ke ho?

Where are you going?

कहाँ जाँदै हुनुहुन्छ?

Kahā̃ jā̃dai hunuhunchha?


11. Weather (मौसम)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Rain

पानी पर्नु

Pāni parnu

Sun

घाम

Ghām

Cloud

बादल

Bādal

Wind

हावा

Hāwā

Cold

जाडो

Jāḍo

Hot

गर्मी

Garmī

Foggy

हुस्सु

Hussu

Storm

आँधी

Ā̃dhī


12. Time & Date (समय मिति)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Today

आज

Āj

Tomorrow

भोलि

Bholi

Yesterday

हिजो

Hijo

Morning

बिहान

Bihān

Afternoon

दिउँसो

Diuṁso

Evening

साँझ

Sā̃jh

Night

राति

Rāti

Week

हप्ता

Haptā

Month

महिना

Mahinā

Year

वर्ष

Barṣa


13. Technology & Internet (प्रविधि इन्टरनेट)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Phone

फोन

Phon

Internet

इन्टरनेट

Inṭarneṭ

WiFi

वाइफाइ

Wāiphāi

Charger

चार्जर

Chārjar

Screen

स्क्रिन

Skrin

Keyboard

किबोर्ड

Kiborḍ

Email

इमेल

Imel

Password

पासवर्ड

Pāsavarḍ

Download

डाउनलोड गर्नु

Ḍāunloḍ garnu

Upload

अपलोड गर्नु

Aploḍ garnu


14. Emergency (आपतकालीन)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Help!

बचाउनुहोस्!

Bachāunuhos!

Police

प्रहरी

Praharī

Fire

आगो

Āgo

Ambulance

एम्बुलेन्स

Embulens

Hospital

अस्पताल

Aspatāl

Accident

दुर्घटना

Durghaṭanā

Thief

चोर

Chor

Stop!

रोक्नुहोस्!

Roknuhos!


15. General Action Verbs (सामान्य क्रियापद)

English

Nepali (Script)

Pronunciation (Nepali)

Eat

खानु

Khānu

Drink

पिउनु

Piunu

Sleep

सुत्नु

Sutnu

Walk

हिँड्नु

Hĩḍnu

Run

दौडनु

Dauḍnu

Sit

बस्नु

Basnu

Stand

उभिनु

Ubhinu

Read

पढ्नु

Paḍhnu

Write

लेख्नु

Lekhnu

Speak

बोल्नु

Bolnu

Buy

किन्नु

Kinnu

Sell

बेच्नु

Bechnu

 

60 Practice Fill-in-the-Blank Questions (Daily-Use English Vocabulary)

Choose the correct answer from the options in brackets.


Set A (Questions 1–20)

1. I wake up at 6 AM and then _______ my teeth. (brush / wash / cut)

2. We have an important _______ at 10 AM with the boss. (party / meeting / lunch)

3. This curry is very _______; I need some water. (sweet / spicy / cold)

4. Can I have the _______ please? I want to pay. (menu / bill / plate)

5. The shirt is too big. Do you have it in a smaller _______? (color / size / price)

6. My _______ is not enough to buy this expensive phone. (salary / ticket / luggage)

7. Please _______ the documents before the deadline. (cook / submit / sweep)

8. I am feeling very _______. I want to go to sleep. (tired / excited / happy)

9. The train _______ is at 8 PM. (departure / arrival / loan)

10. I need to _______ some money from the bank. (deposit / withdraw / transfer)

11. The doctor gave me _______ for my fever. (food / medicine / water)

12. My stomach is hurting. I have a _______ ache. (head / stomach / ear)

13. Please _______ the floor; it is very dirty. (cook / sweep / read)

14. The sun is too hot today. The _______ is burning. (rain / cloud / sun)

15. Can you _______ my bag while I buy a ticket? (watch / eat / sing)

16. I forgot my _______ for the WiFi. (password / plate / broom)

17. There is a lot of _______. I can't see the road. (wind / fog / rain)

18. We need to _______ the dishes after dinner. (wash / wear / comb)

19. The _______ is coming! Please call the fire department. (fire / water / food)

20. I am very _______. Can I have a glass of water? (hungry / thirsty / sleepy)


Set B (Questions 21–40)

21. She always _______ her hair before going to school. (combs / cuts / breaks)

22. My boss gave me a new _______. (project / plate / spoon)

23. This restaurant has a very good _______. (menu / ticket / cheque)

24. I want to _______ this dress before buying it. (try on / take off / throw)

25. The flight will _______ at Tribhuvan Airport. (arrive / cook / sleep)

26. Please show me your _______ so I can check your balance. (passbook / ticket / menu)

27. The nurse gave me an _______. (injection / umbrella / apple)

28. I need to _______ my clothes. They are all wrinkled. (iron / sweep / break)

29. Don't be _______. Everything will be okay. (scared / bored / happy)

30. _______! I am falling! (Help / Eat / Sleep)

31. The _______ is blowing the trees strongly. (wind / sun / rain)

32. I will go to the market to buy _______. (groceries / flights / loans)

33. My _______ is very kind and helpful. (colleague / thief / fire)

34. This phone is too _______. I can't afford it. (cheap / expensive / small)

35. I want to _______ my old car. (sell / buy / wash)

36. Can you please _______ the TV? It is too loud. (turn off / turn on / open)

37. We had a _______ for lunch. It was delicious. (meal / ticket / meeting)

38. The _______ is very strong today. Wear a jacket. (wind / sun / cloud)

39. I received an _______ from my friend. (email / plate / spoon)

40. Please _______ your room before the guests come. (clean / break / buy)


Set C (Questions 41–60)

41. I am going to the _______ to catch my bus. (platform / hospital / bank)

42. The _______ of this bag is 500 rupees. (price / color / size)

43. I feel _______. I just got a promotion! (excited / sad / tired)

44. Please say _______ to your grandmother. (sorry / thank you / goodbye)

45. Can I _______ my phone here? I have no battery. (charge / break / eat)

46. The _______ is full of patients. (hospital / bank / airport)

47. I need to _______ a new SIM card for my phone. (buy / sell / cook)

48. The weather is very _______ in December. (hot / cold / sunny)

49. Please _______ down on the chair. (sit / stand / run)

50. I will _______ the clothes in the washing machine. (wash / sweep / read)

51. The _______ is in the kitchen. She is cooking. (nurse / chef / driver)

52. I forgot to bring my _______. Can I borrow yours? (charger / plate / menu)

53. We need to hurry. The _______ is near. (deadline / breakfast / bed)

54. The _______ stopped the thief. (police / nurse / doctor)

55. I want to _______ a letter to my father. (write / read / eat)

56. Please _______ me a glass of water. (give / take / buy)

57. I don't like this color. Can I _______ it? (exchange / cook / wash)

58. The _______ was very crowded. (train / room / plate)

59. I am going to _______ early tonight. (sleep / wake / run)

60. Please _______ the door. It is cold outside. (close / open / break)

Answers with Short Reasons

Set A (Questions 1–20)

1.      brush – We brush our teeth.

2.      meeting – You meet your boss in a meeting.

3.      spicy – Spicy food makes you need water.

4.      bill – You pay the bill.

5.      size – Clothes come in different sizes.

6.      salary – Salary is your income.

7.      submit – Documents are submitted before a deadline.

8.      tired – Tired people want to sleep.

9.      departure – Departure means leaving.

10. withdraw – Withdraw means take money out.

11. medicine – Medicine treats a fever.

12. stomach – Stomach ache means pain in the stomach.

13. sweep – Floors are swept.

14. sun – The sun is burning hot.

15. watch – Watch means look after.

16. password – WiFi requires a password.

17. fog – Fog reduces visibility.

18. wash – Dishes are washed.

19. fire – Firefighters are called for a fire.

20. thirsty – Thirsty people need water.


Set B (Questions 21–40)

21. combs – She combs her hair.

22. project – Bosses assign projects.

23. menu – Restaurants have menus.

24. try on – Clothes are tried on before buying.

25. arrive – Flights arrive at airports.

26. passbook – A passbook shows account details.

27. injection – Nurses give injections.

28. iron – Wrinkled clothes are ironed.

29. scared – "Everything will be okay" comforts someone.

30. Help – You shout "Help!" in danger.

31. wind – Wind blows trees.

32. groceries – Markets sell groceries.

33. colleague – A colleague works with you.

34. expensive – You can't afford expensive things.

35. sell – You sell an old car.

36. turn off – Turn off a loud TV.

37. meal – Lunch is a meal.

38. wind – Strong wind requires a jacket.

39. email – Friends send emails.

40. clean – Rooms should be cleaned before guests arrive.


Set C (Questions 41–60)

41. platform – Buses or trains leave from a platform.

42. price – 500 rupees is the price.

43. excited – Promotions make people excited.

44. goodbye – You say goodbye when leaving.

45. charge – Phones need charging.

46. hospital – Hospitals have patients.

47. buy – You buy a new SIM card.

48. cold – December is usually cold.

49. sit – You sit on a chair.

50. wash – Clothes are washed in a washing machine.

51. chef – A chef cooks in the kitchen.

52. charger – A charger charges a phone.

53. deadline – You hurry before a deadline.

54. police – Police catch thieves.

55. write – Letters are written.

56. give – Someone gives you water.

57. exchange – Exchange means replace with another item.

58. train – Trains are often crowded.

59. sleep – You sleep at night.

60. close – Close the door to keep out the cold.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PTE Retell Lecture Practice

PTE Retell Lecture Practice Title: The Impact of Urban Green Spaces on Mental Well-being Urban green spaces, such as parks, community ga...