IELTS Speaking Sample Questions for Debish Devkota
Below
is a comprehensive, personalized IELTS Speaking question bank based on
Debish Devkota’s background. The questions are arranged according to the three
parts of the IELTS Speaking test, with extra follow-up questions to help
build confidence and fluency.
Personal Profile
|
Category |
Details |
|
Name |
Debish Devkota |
|
Date of
Birth (BS) |
2065-09-25 |
|
Date of
Birth (AD) |
January 9, 2009 |
|
Hometown |
Kawasoti-8, Nawalpur, Thakali
Chowk |
|
Current
Study |
Bio Science |
|
College |
Aroma College, Bharatpur-10,
Chitwan |
|
Hobby |
Travelling |
|
Ambition |
To be a nice person and a
successful businessman |
|
Dream
Destination |
Australia |
|
Reason
for Australia |
Further study |
IELTS Speaking
Part 1 – Debish Devkota
5 Complete Practice Sets with
Improved 30–40 Word Answers
Set 1: Work & Studies
1.
What are you currently studying?
I'm currently studying Bio Science at Aroma College in
Bharatpur-10, Chitwan. I find it really interesting because it helps me
understand living organisms, human health, and the natural world around us.
2.
Why did you choose this subject?
I chose Bio Science because I've always been curious
about how living things function. I also believe this subject can provide me
with useful knowledge for my future career and business plans.
3.
Do you like your college?
Yes, I really like my college. The teachers are
supportive and experienced, and the college has good laboratory facilities. I
particularly enjoy practical classes because they make theoretical concepts
easier to understand.
4.
What is your typical day like at college?
My typical college day includes theory classes,
practical sessions, and discussions with teachers and friends. I usually have
lunch with my classmates and attend my remaining classes before returning home.
5.
Do you plan to continue studying in the future?
Definitely. After completing my current studies, I
hope to continue my education in Australia. I believe studying abroad will give
me international exposure, improve my knowledge, and create better career
opportunities.
6.
What subject do you find most difficult?
I find Biochemistry quite challenging because it
involves many complex chemical reactions and processes. However, I don't
consider it impossible. I regularly revise the lessons and ask my teachers for
help when necessary.
Set 2: Hometown &
Neighbourhood
1.
Where is your hometown located?
My hometown is Kawasoti-8, Nawalpur, particularly
around Thakali Chowk. It is located in central Nepal and is well connected by
the East-West Highway, making transportation to nearby cities relatively
convenient.
2.
How long have you lived there?
I've lived in Kawasoti since I was born, so it has
been my home throughout my life. I've grown up there, made many friends, and
become familiar with the local community.
3.
What do you like about your neighbourhood?
What I like most is the friendly and helpful nature of
the people. It's a close-knit community where neighbours know each other well
and often help one another during festivals and special occasions.
4.
Are there any shops or restaurants nearby?
Yes, there are plenty of small shops and local
restaurants around Thakali Chowk. We have grocery stores, tea shops, and
several eateries where people can enjoy affordable and tasty local food.
5.
Has your neighbourhood changed recently?
Yes, my neighbourhood has changed quite a lot. Many
old houses have been replaced by modern buildings, and the roads and internet
facilities have also improved considerably over the past few years.
6.
Would you recommend your hometown to tourists?
Absolutely. I would recommend it because it offers a
peaceful environment and easy access to nearby attractions. Visitors can also
explore local culture and travel to Chitwan National Park, which is relatively
close.
Set 3: Free Time & Hobbies
1.
What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I really enjoy travelling in my free time. I love
visiting new places, meeting different people, and experiencing unfamiliar
environments. Travelling helps me relax and gives me a break from my academic
routine.
2.
How much time do you spend on your hobbies?
It depends on my academic schedule. During college
breaks, I try to travel regularly. When I'm busy with studies, I usually spend
my weekends exploring nearby places or planning future trips.
3.
Do you prefer indoor or outdoor activities?
I definitely prefer outdoor activities because I enjoy
fresh air and natural surroundings. Travelling, walking, and exploring new
places make me feel energetic and relaxed, especially after spending several hours
studying.
4.
What hobby would you like to try in the future?
I'd love to try trekking in the future. Nepal has
countless beautiful trekking routes, and I'd like to explore the Himalayan
region, experience local cultures, and enjoy the natural beauty of the
mountains.
5.
Do you think hobbies are important for students?
Yes, I think hobbies are essential for students. They
provide a healthy break from academic pressure, reduce stress, and allow
students to develop new skills while maintaining a better balance in life.
6.
How did you develop your interest in travelling?
My interest in travelling developed through school
trips and family outings. Visiting places like Pokhara introduced me to
beautiful landscapes and different cultures, which encouraged me to explore
more destinations.
7.
Do you usually travel alone or with others?
I usually prefer travelling with friends because
sharing experiences makes the journey more enjoyable and memorable. However,
I'd also like to try travelling alone someday because it could help me become
more independent.
Set 4: Daily Routine &
Lifestyle
1.
What time do you usually wake up?
I usually wake up at around 6 a.m. I prefer getting up
early because it gives me enough time to freshen up, have breakfast, review my
notes, and prepare for college.
2.
What is your morning routine?
My morning routine is quite simple. I brush my teeth,
take a shower, have breakfast, and pack my college bag. Before leaving, I
sometimes review important notes from the previous day's lessons.
3.
How do you usually spend your evenings?
I usually spend my evenings revising my lessons and
completing assignments. After studying, I spend some time with my family, use
my phone, or watch educational videos to relax.
4.
Do you follow a strict schedule?
I try to follow a reasonably organized schedule, but I
don't follow it too strictly. I usually plan my study and leisure time while
leaving some flexibility for unexpected activities.
5.
What do you do on weekends?
I usually use weekends to relax and recharge. I may
meet my friends, visit nearby places, explore nature, or simply stay home and
watch movies if I'm tired.
6.
Are there any changes you'd like to make to your routine?
Yes. I'd like to make more time for physical exercise.
Since most of my time is spent studying, I want to develop a regular habit of
jogging, walking, or doing yoga.
7.
Do you think your daily routine will change in the future?
Definitely. If I go to Australia for further studies,
I'll need to become more independent. I'll have to manage my studies, household
responsibilities, finances, and possibly a part-time job.
Set 5: Future Plans &
Ambitions
1.
What is your aim in life?
My main aim is to become a good person and a
successful businessman. I want to build a meaningful career, become financially
independent, and contribute positively to my family and society.
2.
Why did you choose business as your goal?
I chose business because I like the idea of creating
something independently and providing employment opportunities for others. I also
believe entrepreneurship can help me contribute to economic development.
3.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years, I hope to have completed my higher
studies in Australia and gained valuable international experience. I would then
like to return to Nepal and begin developing my own business.
4.
What steps are you taking to achieve your goals?
At present, I'm focusing on my Bio Science studies and
improving my English. I'm also preparing for IELTS and learning more about
Australian universities so I can make informed decisions about my future.
5.
Does your family support your ambitions?
Yes, my family is very supportive of my ambitions.
They encourage me to study hard, develop useful skills, and pursue
opportunities abroad. Their encouragement gives me confidence whenever I face
difficulties.
6.
What challenges do you expect to face?
I expect to face challenges such as adapting to a new
culture, managing finances, improving my communication skills, and dealing with
homesickness. However, I believe patience, preparation, and determination will
help me overcome them.
7.
How do you define success in life?
For me, success isn't simply about earning money or
becoming famous. It means achieving my goals honestly, being kind to others,
supporting my family, and becoming someone I can genuinely be proud of.
IELTS Speaking Practice – Debish
Devkota
Set 1: A Place You Like to Visit (Pokhara)
Part
II – Cue Card (300–350 words)
Describe
your favorite place in Nepal.
You should say:
·
What the place is
·
Where it is located
·
What you can do there
·
And explain why you like it so much.
Answer:
My
absolute favorite place in Nepal is Pokhara, a stunning city located in the
Kaski district, about 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu. It takes roughly six to
seven hours by tourist bus from my hometown in Kawasoti, but honestly, every
minute of that journey feels worthwhile because of the breathtaking destination
that awaits.
Pokhara
is often called the "Lake City" because of its serene Phewa Lake,
which is the centerpiece of the town. The lake is incredibly beautiful, with
the majestic Annapurna mountain range reflecting perfectly on its calm,
emerald-green waters. One of my favorite activities there is taking a colorful
wooden boat ride across the lake to the small island in the middle, where the
ancient Tal Barahi Temple stands. It’s a peaceful experience that makes me feel
connected to nature and spirituality. I also enjoy visiting the bustling
Lakeside area, which is filled with cozy cafes, souvenir shops, and lively
restaurants offering both Nepali and international cuisine. Another must-visit
spot is Sarangkot, a hilltop viewpoint. I usually wake up very early in the
morning to hike up there and watch the sunrise. The sight of the golden sun
lighting up the snow-capped peaks of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, and Machhapuchhare
is so spectacular that it almost feels surreal.
The
main reason I love Pokhara so much is that it offers a perfect escape from my
busy study schedule at Aroma College. As a Bio Science student, my life is
usually filled with textbooks, laboratory experiments, and lectures. Pokhara
allows me to disconnect from that stress and recharge my mind. The fresh air,
tranquil environment, and friendly locals make me feel incredibly relaxed.
Moreover, as a person whose hobby is travelling, Pokhara never disappoints me.
Every visit offers something new, whether it’s paragliding over the city or
simply sitting by the lake with a cup of tea. It represents peace, adventure,
and natural beauty all in one place. I genuinely believe that Pokhara is a
little piece of heaven on earth, and I never get bored of returning there.
Part
III – Discussion (4–5 questions, 50–70 words each)
1.
Why do you think Pokhara attracts more tourists than other cities in Nepal?
Pokhara
offers a rare combination of natural beauty and adventure tourism. Unlike
crowded Kathmandu, it provides tranquility with its lakes and mountain views.
It also serves as the starting point for popular treks like Annapurna Circuit.
This unique blend of relaxation and adventure appeals to both domestic and
international tourists equally.
2.
What impact does tourism have on local communities in places like Pokhara?
Tourism
significantly boosts the local economy by creating jobs in hotels, restaurants,
and guiding services. It helps preserve local culture and infrastructure.
However, it can also lead to environmental degradation and rising prices for
locals. Therefore, sustainable tourism practices are essential to balance
economic growth with environmental protection.
3.
How can the government promote lesser-known tourist destinations in Nepal?
The
government should improve road infrastructure and provide training to locals
for homestay management. They can also run digital marketing campaigns
showcasing hidden gems. Additionally, offering tax incentives to tourism
businesses in rural areas would encourage investment and help distribute
tourist flow more evenly across the country.
4.
Do you think tourism will continue to grow in Nepal in the future?
Yes,
I believe tourism will definitely grow because Nepal has immense untapped
potential. With better marketing and infrastructure, more people will discover
our beautiful mountains and culture. However, we must focus on eco-tourism to
preserve our natural heritage. If managed wisely, tourism can become Nepal's
strongest economic pillar.
Set 2: Future Plans (Studying in
Australia)
Part
II – Cue Card (300–350 words)
Describe
your future plan.
You should say:
·
What you plan to do
·
Why you have chosen this goal
·
What you are doing to achieve it
·
And explain how you feel about this
plan.
Answer:
My
most significant future plan at the moment is to go to Australia for higher
studies. I am currently studying Bio Science at Aroma College in Bharatpur, but
I firmly believe that to achieve my ultimate aim of becoming a successful
businessman and a good person, I need international exposure and world-class
education. Therefore, Australia is my dream destination for further academic
pursuits.
I
have chosen this goal for several compelling reasons. First, Australian
universities are globally recognized for their excellent research facilities
and innovative teaching methods, especially in the field of life sciences.
Since I am studying Bio Science, I want to learn from the best professors and
access advanced laboratories that are not readily available in Nepal. Second, Australia
has a diverse and multicultural environment, which will help me develop a
global perspective. This is crucial because I want to build an international
network that will later support my business ventures. Third, I believe that
living independently in a foreign country will teach me resilience,
adaptability, and discipline, which are essential traits for any entrepreneur.
Currently,
I am taking concrete steps to turn this dream into reality. Academically, I am
working extremely hard to secure excellent grades in my Bio Science courses at
Aroma College. I am also preparing rigorously for the IELTS examination to meet
the language proficiency requirements. Besides that, I am spending considerable
time researching various Australian universities, their tuition fees,
scholarship opportunities, and application procedures. I regularly consult with
educational counselors and seniors who have already gone abroad to understand
the visa process better. Financially, my family is supporting me, and I am also
exploring part-time work options to manage my expenses in Australia.
Honestly,
I feel a complex mixture of excitement and nervousness when I think about this
plan. I am incredibly excited because I have never traveled outside Nepal
before, and the thought of experiencing a completely new culture, meeting
people from all over the world, and studying in a top-tier university fills me
with immense enthusiasm. However, I am also a little anxious about staying so
far away from my family, friends, and the familiar environment of my hometown
in Kawasoti. Despite these nerves, I am deeply motivated because I know this
journey will shape me into a better person, a knowledgeable professional, and
ultimately, the businessman I aspire to become.
Part
III – Discussion (4–5 questions, 50–70 words each)
1.
What are the main reasons Nepali students choose to study abroad?
The
primary reasons include better quality education, advanced research facilities,
and wider career opportunities. Additionally, students seek international
exposure and the chance to develop independence. Economic instability and
limited higher education options in Nepal also motivate many young people to
pursue their dreams abroad, particularly in countries like Australia and the
USA.
2.
What are the challenges students face when studying in a foreign country?
Students
often struggle with language barriers, cultural shock, and financial
management. They also experience homesickness and loneliness, especially during
festivals. Adjusting to a different educational system can be difficult too.
However, these challenges help students grow stronger, more independent, and
more adaptable to diverse situations in life.
3.
Do you think studying abroad guarantees a successful career?
No,
it does not guarantee success, but it certainly enhances opportunities. Success
ultimately depends on personal effort, networking, and practical skills. While
foreign degrees open many doors, students must work hard and stay determined.
Many successful people have never studied abroad, so it’s not the only path to
achievement.
4.
How can Nepal benefit from students who return after studying abroad?
Returning
students bring valuable knowledge, global perspectives, and innovative ideas.
They can start businesses, teach in universities, or work in healthcare,
contributing to national development. They also attract foreign investments and
create job opportunities. If properly utilized, this "brain gain" can
significantly accelerate Nepal's economic and social progress.
Set 3: A Person Who Influenced You
(Your Father)
Part
II – Cue Card (300–350 words)
Describe
a person who has influenced you greatly.
You should say:
·
Who the person is
·
How you know them
·
What qualities they have
·
And explain why they have influenced
you.
Answer:
The
person who has influenced me the most in my life is my father. I have known him
since the day I was born, growing up under his guidance and care in our family
home located in Thakali Chowk, Kawasoti-8, Nawalpur. He is not just a parent to
me, but also a mentor, a role model, and my biggest source of inspiration.
Watching him navigate through life with honesty and hard work has deeply shaped
my own personality, ambitions, and values.
My
father runs our family business, and through him, I have learned the true
meaning of dedication and perseverance. He wakes up early every morning,
manages the shop, deals with customers, handles finances, and still finds time
to spend with our family. Despite the daily challenges and pressures of running
a business, he never compromises on his principles. One quality I admire most
about him is his unwavering honesty. In a world where many people take
shortcuts for quick profits, my father firmly believes that integrity is more
valuable than money. He always tells me, "Son, being a nice person is far
more important than being a rich person." This simple yet powerful
statement has become the foundation of my aim in life—to be a nice person and a
businessman.
Another
remarkable quality my father possesses is his generosity. He often helps our
neighbors, supports local community events, and gives advice to young people in
Kawasoti who are struggling with their careers. He does all of this without
expecting anything in return. He has also been extremely supportive of my dream
to study Bio Science and go to Australia. Even though he will miss me terribly,
he encourages me to chase my ambitions fearlessly.
The
reason my father has influenced me so profoundly is that he perfectly balances
professional success with personal goodness. He has shown me that you can be
ambitious and successful without losing your kindness and humility. Watching
him handle failure and success with equal grace has taught me resilience. I
want to carry his values with me wherever I go—whether I am studying in
Australia, starting my own business, or simply living my daily life. He is the
reason I strive to be better every single day, and I hope to make him proud.
Part
III – Discussion (4–5 questions, 50–70 words each)
1.
What qualities do you think a good role model should have?
A
good role model should have integrity, honesty, and empathy. They should be
hardworking and treat everyone with respect regardless of status. Additionally,
they must be humble enough to admit mistakes and generous enough to help
others. These qualities inspire people to become better versions of themselves
in society.
2.
Do you think parents are the most influential figures in a child's life?
Generally,
yes, because children spend the most time with parents during their formative
years. Parents shape a child's moral values, habits, and worldview. However,
teachers, friends, and media also play significant roles later. Ultimately,
parents remain the primary foundation for a child's character development and
emotional security.
3.
Is it better to learn from a successful person or a person who has failed?
Both
are valuable. Successful people teach us effective strategies and positive
attitudes. However, people who have failed teach us about resilience, caution,
and the importance of learning from mistakes. Combining lessons from both types
of people gives us a balanced and practical understanding of life and business.
4.
How important is honesty in business today?
Honesty
is absolutely crucial in modern business. With social media and online reviews,
dishonesty spreads quickly and destroys reputations. Customers and partners
trust transparent businesses. Although dishonest practices may bring short-term
profits, long-term success depends on integrity, which builds loyalty,
credibility, and sustainable growth for any business.
No comments:
Post a Comment