Saturday, 8 August 2026

Phrases that we use in different situations with various people and places

 Phrases that we use in different situations with various people and places 

1. AT HOME (Family Members)

Morning Routine

  • "Good morning, mummy! Aaja ko breakfast k cha?"
    • (Translation: "Good morning, mom! What's for breakfast today?")
  • "Rise and shine, bhai! School jana dhila bho!"
    • (Translation: "Rise and shine, little brother! It's late for school!")
  • "Coffee banaidinu na, didi. Headache cha."
    • (Translation: "Please make coffee, sister. I have a headache.")
  • "Aaja weekend cha. Sleep in garne plan cha."
    • (Translation: "It's the weekend today. I plan to sleep in.")

Dinner Time

  • "Dinner ready cha? Malai starving lagyo."
    • (Translation: "Is dinner ready? I am starving.")
  • "Aaja ko dal bhat ekdam tasty cha! Compliment to the chef!"
    • (Translation: "Today's dal bhat is very tasty! Compliment to the chef!")
  • "Please pass the salt, baba."
    • (Translation: "Please pass the salt, dad.")
  • "Aru plate deu na. Second helping chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Give me another plate. I want a second helping.")

Watching TV Together

  • "Remote kata cha? Channel change garnu cha."
    • (Translation: "Where is the remote? I need to change the channel.")
  • "Yo movie herum? Action cha ki drama?"
    • (Translation: "Shall we watch this movie? Is it action or drama?")
  • "Volume ali badha na. Sunna garo bho."
    • (Translation: "Increase the volume a little. It's hard to hear.")
  • "News hernu parcha. Important cha."
    • (Translation: "I need to watch the news. It's important.")

Going to Bed

  • "Ma sleepy bhayechu. Goodnight, everyone."
    • (Translation: "I am sleepy. Goodnight, everyone.")
  • "Alarm set gareko chu. Morning 6 baje uthnu cha."
    • (Translation: "I have set the alarm. Need to wake up at 6 AM.")
  • "Phone banda gara. Sleep ko time bho."
    • (Translation: "Turn off the phone. It's time to sleep.")
  • "Sweet dreams, yar. Tomorrow new day ho."
    • (Translation: "Sweet dreams, dude. Tomorrow is a new day.")

Helping with Chores

  • "Ma dishes dhunchu. Timi floor sapha gara."
    • (Translation: "I will wash the dishes. You clean the floor.")
  • "Laundry garna parcha. Dirty clothes kata chan?"
    • (Translation: "Need to do laundry. Where are the dirty clothes?")
  • "Grocery shopping jana parcha. List banaidinu."
    • (Translation: "Need to go grocery shopping. Make a list.")
  • "Trash nikalna bhuliyo. Please gardinus."
    • (Translation: "Forgot to take out the trash. Please do it.")

Comforting a Family Member

  • "Don't worry, baba. Sabai fine huncha."
    • (Translation: "Don't worry, dad. Everything will be fine.")
  • "Tension nalinu, mummy. Ma here chu."
    • (Translation: "Don't take tension, mom. I am here.")
  • "Rest garnus. Ma care garchu sabai ko."
    • (Translation: "Rest. I will take care of everything.")
  • "Proud chu ma timi mathi. Keep going."
    • (Translation: "I am proud of you. Keep going.")

2. AT WORK / OFFICE (Colleagues & Boss)

Morning at the Office

  • "Good morning, everyone! Aaja ko meeting kati baje?"
    • (Translation: "Good morning, everyone! What time is today's meeting?")
  • "Coffee khadai email check garchu."
    • (Translation: "I'll check emails while having coffee.")
  • "Project ko deadline next week cha. Prepare garnus."
    • (Translation: "The project deadline is next week. Prepare.")
  • "Schedule herum. Free kahile ho?"
    • (Translation: "Let me check the schedule. When are you free?")

During a Meeting

  • "Let's begin. Aaja ko agenda chai Q3 report ho."
    • (Translation: "Let's begin. Today's agenda is the Q3 report.")
  • "Ma presentation dinchu. Questions last ma linu."
    • (Translation: "I will give the presentation. Take questions at the end.")
  • "Yo point important cha. Discuss garnu parcha."
    • (Translation: "This point is important. Need to discuss.")
  • "Budget limit bhandai badhi bhayo. Solution chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "The budget exceeded the limit. Need a solution.")
  • "Can we take a break? Brain fried bhaisakyo."
    • (Translation: "Can we take a break? My brain is fried.")

Giving Instructions

  • "Please draft the email and CC me."
    • (Translation: "Please draft the email and CC me.")
  • "Yo file ko hard copy chahiyo. Print gardinus."
    • (Translation: "Need a hard copy of this file. Please print it.")
  • "Client lai call garnus. Update dinus."
    • (Translation: "Call the client. Give them an update.")
  • "Report submit garnu. Deadline aaja ho."
    • (Translation: "Submit the report. The deadline is today.")

Asking for Help

  • "Excuse me, ma stuck chu. Help garnus na."
    • (Translation: "Excuse me, I am stuck. Please help.")
  • "Yo system ma error aairacha. Check gardinus."
    • (Translation: "There's an error in this system. Please check.")
  • "Can you explain this again? Ma confused chu."
    • (Translation: "Can you explain this again? I am confused.")
  • "Training chahiyo. New software aayecha."
    • (Translation: "Need training. New software has arrived.")

Dealing with a Difficult Colleague

  • "Ma respect garchu timro opinion, tara ma disagree garchu."
    • (Translation: "I respect your opinion, but I disagree.")
  • "Let's agree to disagree. Move on garau."
    • (Translation: "Let's agree to disagree. Let's move on.")
  • "Yo approach le kaam gardaina. Alternative sochum."
    • (Translation: "This approach doesn't work. Let's think of an alternative.")
  • "Professional rahaum. Personal na laau."
    • (Translation: "Let's stay professional. Don't take it personally.")

Ending the Workday

  • "Finally! Clock out garna paayo!"
    • (Translation: "Finally! Got to clock out!")
  • "See you tomorrow. Weekend ko plan cha?"
    • (Translation: "See you tomorrow. Any plans for the weekend?")
  • "Overtime garnu parcha. Project sakkinna."
    • (Translation: "Need to do overtime. The project won't finish.")
  • "Take care, everyone. Drive safe."
    • (Translation: "Take care, everyone. Drive safe.")

3. AT SCHOOL / COLLEGE (Teachers & Students)

In the Classroom

  • "Good morning, sir/madam. Aaja ko topic k ho?"
    • (Translation: "Good morning, sir/madam. What is today's topic?")
  • "Homework submit garnus. Late garna paudaina."
    • (Translation: "Submit your homework. You cannot be late.")
  • "Ma question sodhna sakchu? Confusion cha."
    • (Translation: "Can I ask a question? I have confusion.")
  • "Attendance linuhos. Ma present chu."
    • (Translation: "Take attendance. I am present.")

Group Study / Projects

  • "Group project ko meeting cha. Library ma bhetaum."
    • (Translation: "There's a group project meeting. Let's meet at the library.")
  • "Ma research garchu. Timi presentation banauna."
    • (Translation: "I will do the research. You make the presentation.")
  • "Divide garum kaam. Efficient huncha."
    • (Translation: "Let's divide the work. It'll be efficient.")
  • "Deadline next week cha. Hurry up garnu parcha."
    • (Translation: "The deadline is next week. Need to hurry up.")

Asking the Teacher

  • "Excuse me, sir. Yo formula bujhina. Explain garnus na."
    • (Translation: "Excuse me, sir. I didn't understand this formula. Please explain.")
  • "Extra class huncha? Exam najik aayo."
    • (Translation: "Will there be an extra class? The exam is near.")
  • "Assignment ko topic change garna milcha?"
    • (Translation: "Can I change the assignment topic?")
  • "Reference book suggest garnus na."
    • (Translation: "Please suggest a reference book.")

Exam Time

  • "Exam ko stress cha. Study garne time chaina."
    • (Translation: "There's exam stress. There's no time to study.")
  • "Pass huna parcha. Marks ramro launu cha."
    • (Translation: "Need to pass. Need to get good marks.")
  • "Cheating nagarnu. Fair exam dinus."
    • (Translation: "Don't cheat. Give a fair exam.")
  • "Result aauda k hola? Nervous chu."
    • (Translation: "What will happen when the result comes? I am nervous.")

After Class / Free Time

  • "Cafeteria jaam? Hungry lagyo."
    • (Translation: "Let's go to the cafeteria? I feel hungry.")
  • "Break ma k gardai chhau? Chill gara na."
    • (Translation: "What are you doing during the break? Chill out.")
  • "Sports khelnu parcha. Stress release huncha."
    • (Translation: "Need to play sports. It releases stress.")
  • "Library ma quiet hunu parcha. No talking."
    • (Translation: "Need to be quiet in the library. No talking.")

4. AT A RESTAURANT / CAFE (Waiters & Friends)

Ordering Food

  • "Waiter, menu deu na. Hungry lagyo."
    • (Translation: "Waiter, give me the menu. I am hungry.")
  • "Malai chicken sizzler chaiyo. Spicy ali kam."
    • (Translation: "I want chicken sizzler. Less spicy.")
  • "Extra cheese dinus. Double portion."
    • (Translation: "Give extra cheese. Double portion.")
  • "Vegan option cha? Dairy khanna."
    • (Translation: "Is there a vegan option? I don't eat dairy.")

Asking About the Menu

  • "Yo dish ma k k cha? Ingredients bhanidinu."
    • (Translation: "What's in this dish? Tell me the ingredients.")
  • "Chef ko special k ho?"
    • (Translation: "What's the chef's special?")
  • "Spicy cha ki mild? Ma spicy khadina."
    • (Translation: "Is it spicy or mild? I don't eat spicy.")
  • "Soup ma non-veg cha? Vegetarian chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Is there non-veg in the soup? I want vegetarian.")

When Food Arrives

  • "Wow! Presentation dami cha! Photo khichum?"
    • (Translation: "Wow! The presentation is great! Shall I take a photo?")
  • "Smell kasto ramro! Enjoy garna man cha."
    • (Translation: "The smell is so good! I want to enjoy it.")
  • "Extra napkin dinus. Messy huncha."
    • (Translation: "Give extra napkin. It will be messy.")
  • "Compliment to the chef! Amazing taste!"
    • (Translation: "Compliment to the chef! Amazing taste!")

Complaints

  • "Excuse me, yo cold aayo. Fresh chaina."
    • (Translation: "Excuse me, this came cold. It's not fresh.")
  • "Maile order gareko arkai thiyo. Yo wrong ho."
    • (Translation: "I ordered something else. This is wrong.")
  • "Salt dherai cha. Replace garnus na."
    • (Translation: "There's too much salt. Please replace it.")
  • "Bill ma mistake cha. Check garnus."
    • (Translation: "There's a mistake in the bill. Please check.")

Paying the Bill

  • "Bill dinus. Card le tirchu."
    • (Translation: "Give me the bill. I'll pay by card.")
  • "Split garum? Separate bill dinus."
    • (Translation: "Let's split? Give separate bills.")
  • "Service charge cha ki included?"
    • (Translation: "Is there a service charge or is it included?")
  • "Keep the change. Tip ho."
    • (Translation: "Keep the change. It's a tip.")

5. AT A SHOP / MARKET (Shopkeepers & Customers)

Asking for Prices

  • "Yo shirt ko rate kati ho? Pure cotton?"
    • (Translation: "What's the price of this shirt? Is it pure cotton?")
  • "Discount cha? Cheaper option deu na."
    • (Translation: "Is there a discount? Give me a cheaper option.")
  • "Size XL chahiyo. Color raamro chaina."
    • (Translation: "I want size XL. The color isn't nice.")
  • "Quality kasto cha? Local ho ki imported?"
    • (Translation: "How is the quality? Is it local or imported?")

Bargaining

  • "One thousand? Bhayena! Eight hundred dinus."
    • (Translation: "One thousand? No way! Give it for eight hundred.")
  • "Cost nai high cha. Market rate hernu."
    • (Translation: "The cost itself is high. Check the market rate.")
  • "Last price bhanidinu. Ma serious buyer chu."
    • (Translation: "Tell me the last price. I am a serious buyer.")
  • "Ok! Deal bho. Packed garnus."
    • (Translation: "Okay! Deal done. Pack it up.")

Buying Groceries

  • "Tomato kilo kati? Fresh cha ki old?"
    • (Translation: "How much per kilo for tomatoes? Is it fresh or old?")
  • "Milk ko packet deu. Expiry date herum."
    • (Translation: "Give me a packet of milk. Let me check the expiry date.")
  • "Rice ko brand kun ramro?"
    • (Translation: "Which brand of rice is good?")
  • "Fruits ramro chaina aaja. Kal aunchu."
    • (Translation: "The fruits aren't good today. I'll come tomorrow.")

Paying / Finishing

  • "Total kati bhayo? Cash ma tirchu."
    • (Translation: "What's the total? I'll pay in cash.")
  • "Carry bag chahiyo? Plastic paisa ho?"
    • (Translation: "Do you need a carry bag? Is plastic charged?")
  • "Change chaina? Keep it."
    • (Translation: "No change? Keep it.")
  • "Thank you! Excellent service!"
    • (Translation: "Thank you! Excellent service!")

6. AT A HOSPITAL / CLINIC (Doctors & Patients)

At Reception

  • "Appointment cha. Dr. Sharma sanga."
    • (Translation: "I have an appointment with Dr. Sharma.")
  • "OPD counter kun ho? Registration garnu cha."
    • (Translation: "Which is the OPD counter? Need to register.")
  • "File banidinus. Name ra address dinchu."
    • (Translation: "Make my file. I'll give my name and address.")
  • "Emergency cha! Quick! Doctor bolaunus!"
    • (Translation: "It's an emergency! Quick! Call the doctor!")

Talking to the Doctor

  • "Doctor, malai fever cha ra headache pani."
    • (Translation: "Doctor, I have fever and headache too.")
  • "Cough ni aairacha. Chest ma pain huncha."
    • (Translation: "I have a cough too. There's pain in my chest.")
  • "Sleep aaudaina. Anxious feel huncha."
    • (Translation: "I don't get sleep. I feel anxious.")
  • "Blood test garnu parcha? Medicine dinus."
    • (Translation: "Do I need a blood test? Give me medicine.")

Getting Advice

  • "Rest garnus. Stress kam garnus."
    • (Translation: "Rest. Reduce stress.")
  • "Diet ma healthy khanu. Junk food nakhau."
    • (Translation: "Eat healthy in your diet. Don't eat junk food.")
  • "Exercise garnus. Walk daily."
    • (Translation: "Exercise. Walk daily.")
  • "Follow-up ma aaunus. One week pachhi."
    • (Translation: "Come for follow-up. After one week.")

At the Pharmacy

  • "Prescription anusar medicine dinus."
    • (Translation: "Give medicine according to the prescription.")
  • "Generic cha ki branded? Price difference?"
    • (Translation: "Is there generic or branded? Price difference?")
  • "Dosage kati? Timing k ho?"
    • (Translation: "What's the dosage? What's the timing?")
  • "Side effects chan? Read garnu parcha."
    • (Translation: "Are there side effects? Need to read.")

7. AT A BANK (Staff & Customers)

Opening an Account

  • "New account kholnu cha. Form dinus."
    • (Translation: "I need to open a new account. Give me the form.")
  • "Savings ho ki current? Interest rate kati?"
    • (Translation: "Is it savings or current? What's the interest rate?")
  • "Minimum balance kati? Maintain garna sakchu?"
    • (Translation: "What's the minimum balance? Can I maintain it?")
  • "Passbook chahiyo. Mobile banking pani."
    • (Translation: "I need a passbook. Mobile banking too.")

Depositing / Withdrawing

  • "Deposit garnu cha. Cash ho."
    • (Translation: "I need to deposit. It's cash.")
  • "Withdraw garnu cha. Amount 10,000."
    • (Translation: "I need to withdraw. Amount 10,000.")
  • "Cheque clear bhayo? Balance check garnus."
    • (Translation: "Has the cheque cleared? Check the balance.")
  • "Transaction failed cha. Problem k ho?"
    • (Translation: "The transaction failed. What's the problem?")

Asking About Services

  • "Loan ko process k ho? Document chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "What's the loan process? Documents needed.")
  • "Credit card apply garna milcha?"
    • (Translation: "Can I apply for a credit card?")
  • "Online transfer limit kati? Increase garna milcha?"
    • (Translation: "What's the online transfer limit? Can it be increased?")
  • "Fixed deposit ko rate kati cha currently?"
    • (Translation: "What's the fixed deposit rate currently?")

8. TRAVEL & TRANSPORTATION

At the Bus Stop / Station

  • "Bus kahile auncha? Late bhaisakyo."
    • (Translation: "When will the bus come? It's already late.")
  • "Ticket kati ko ho? Return pani linchu."
    • (Translation: "How much is the ticket? I'll take a return too.")
  • "Yo bus Kathmandu jaancha? Express ho?"
    • (Translation: "Does this bus go to Kathmandu? Is it express?")
  • "Seat paiyela? Reservation chaina."
    • (Translation: "Will I get a seat? No reservation.")

In a Taxi / Ride-share

  • "Airport jana parcha. Shortcut cha bhane bhanidinu."
    • (Translation: "Need to go to the airport. Tell me if there's a shortcut.")
  • "Meter on garnus. Fixed price ho?"
    • (Translation: "Turn on the meter. Is it a fixed price?")
  • "Driver, ali slow garnus. Emergency chaina."
    • (Translation: "Driver, slow down a little. No emergency.")
  • "Drop kata garnu? Left ki right?"
    • (Translation: "Where to drop? Left or right?")

Asking for Directions

  • "Excuse me, Thamel jane bato kun ho?"
    • (Translation: "Excuse me, which road goes to Thamel?")
  • "Walking distance ma cha ki taxi linu parcha?"
    • (Translation: "Is it walking distance or do I need to take a taxi?")
  • "Landmark cha? Confuse bhaye."
    • (Translation: "Is there a landmark? I got confused.")
  • "GPS use garnus. Google Maps ma dekhaunu."
    • (Translation: "Use GPS. Show me on Google Maps.")

At the Airport

  • "Check-in counter kun ho? Boarding pass chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Which is the check-in counter? Need a boarding pass.")
  • "Luggage weight kati? Extra paisa lagcha?"
    • (Translation: "How much luggage weight? Extra charges?")
  • "Flight delay cha. Announcement sunum."
    • (Translation: "The flight is delayed. Let's listen to the announcement.")
  • "Security check garam. Liquid nikalnu."
    • (Translation: "Let's do the security check. Take out liquids.")

9. SOCIAL GATHERINGS (Parties, Weddings, Events)

Inviting Someone

  • "Party cha aaja. Aunu parcha! Mandatory!"
    • (Translation: "There's a party today. You must come! Mandatory!")
  • "Wedding ko invitation aayecha. RSVP garnus."
    • (Translation: "The wedding invitation arrived. RSVP.")
  • "Potluck ho. Dish lyaunu. Share garum."
    • (Translation: "It's a potluck. Bring a dish. Let's share.")
  • "Surprise planned cha. Secret rakhnu!"
    • (Translation: "A surprise is planned. Keep it secret!")

At the Event

  • "Wow! Decoration kasto ramro! Perfect!"
    • (Translation: "Wow! The decoration is so nice! Perfect!")
  • "Music system dami cha. Dance garnu parcha!"
    • (Translation: "The music system is great. Must dance!")
  • "Food try garnus. Delicious cha."
    • (Translation: "Try the food. It's delicious.")
  • "Photo khichum. Memory banaum."
    • (Translation: "Let's take a photo. Let's make a memory.")

Introducing People

  • "Meet my friend, Ram. Colleague ho."
    • (Translation: "Meet my friend, Ram. He's a colleague.")
  • "This is my family. Introduce garnus."
    • (Translation: "This is my family. Please introduce yourself.")
  • "Nice to meet you! Dherai suneko thiyo."
    • (Translation: "Nice to meet you! I've heard a lot about you.")
  • "How are you? Long time bhayena!"
    • (Translation: "How are you? Long time no see!")

Making Small Talk

  • "Weather kasto cha aaja? Hot lagyo."
    • (Translation: "How's the weather today? It feels hot.")
  • "Work kasto cha? Busy nai hola."
    • (Translation: "How's work? Must be busy.")
  • "Weekend ma k gardai chhau? Plan cha?"
    • (Translation: "What are you doing on the weekend? Any plans?")
  • "Cricket hernu huncha? Match aaja cha."
    • (Translation: "Do you watch cricket? There's a match today.")

Leaving

  • "Time bhayo. Home jana parcha."
    • (Translation: "It's time. Need to go home.")
  • "Thank you for hosting! Awesome event!"
    • (Translation: "Thank you for hosting! Awesome event!")
  • "Take care, everyone. See you soon!"
    • (Translation: "Take care, everyone. See you soon!")
  • "Bye! Message garum later!"
    • (Translation: "Bye! Let's message later!")

10. ON THE PHONE

Answering a Call

  • "Hello? Who is this? Number chineko chaina."
    • (Translation: "Hello? Who is this? I don't recognize the number.")
  • "Hi! K cha? Timely call garyau!"
    • (Translation: "Hi! What's up? You called at the right time!")
  • "Busy chu. Later call garam."
    • (Translation: "I'm busy. Let's call later.")
  • "Hold on. Phone diyechu arukai."
    • (Translation: "Hold on. I gave the phone to someone else.")

Making a Call

  • "Ram sanga connect gardinus. Important cha."
    • (Translation: "Connect me to Ram. It's important.")
  • "Missed call gareko. Return garna khojeko."
    • (Translation: "You gave a missed call. I was returning it.")
  • "Conference call cha. Join garnus."
    • (Translation: "There's a conference call. Join.")
  • "Signal weak cha. Hearing garo bho."
    • (Translation: "The signal is weak. Having trouble hearing.")

Ending a Call

  • "Okay, bye. Take care."
    • (Translation: "Okay, bye. Take care.")
  • "Talk later. Message gardinu."
    • (Translation: "Talk later. Send me a message.")
  • "Thanks for calling! Appreciate it."
    • (Translation: "Thanks for calling! Appreciate it.")
  • "Cut bhayo. Call back garum."
    • (Translation: "It got cut. Let's call back.")

11. POLITE / SOCIAL ETIQUETTE PHRASES

Greetings

  • "Namaste! Kasto day cha aaja?"
    • (Translation: "Namaste! How's your day today?")
  • "Good afternoon, sir. How are you?"
    • (Translation: "Good afternoon, sir. How are you?")
  • "Long time, no see! Missed you!"
    • (Translation: "Long time, no see! Missed you!")
  • "Welcome! Come in, please."
    • (Translation: "Welcome! Come in, please.")

Thanking Someone

  • "Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!"
    • (Translation: "Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!")
  • "Dhanyabad! Timi le dherai help garyau."
    • (Translation: "Thank you! You helped a lot.")
  • "Grateful chu. Never forget garchu."
    • (Translation: "I am grateful. I will never forget.")
  • "Thanks a million! Lifesaver chhau!"
    • (Translation: "Thanks a million! You're a lifesaver!")

Apologizing

  • "Sorry! Mero mistake ho."
    • (Translation: "Sorry! It's my mistake.")
  • "Please forgive me. Accidentally bhayo."
    • (Translation: "Please forgive me. It happened accidentally.")
  • "Ma responsible chu. Sorry hai."
    • (Translation: "I am responsible. Sorry, okay.")
  • "My bad! Fix garchu."
    • (Translation: "My bad! I'll fix it.")

Asking Permission

  • "Can I come in? Disturb garchu?"
    • (Translation: "Can I come in? Am I disturbing?")
  • "May I use your phone? Emergency cha."
    • (Translation: "May I use your phone? It's an emergency.")
  • "Allow garnus. Ma explain garchu."
    • (Translation: "Allow me. I will explain.")
  • "Permission chahiyo. Approve garnus na."
    • (Translation: "Need permission. Please approve.")

12. EMERGENCY / URGENT SITUATIONS

Medical Emergency

  • "Help! Doctor chahiyo! Emergency cha!"
    • (Translation: "Help! Need a doctor! It's an emergency!")
  • "Ambulance bolaunus! Accident bhayo!"
    • (Translation: "Call an ambulance! There's been an accident!")
  • "Breathe garna garo cha. Oxygen chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Having trouble breathing. Need oxygen.")
  • "Conscious chaina. CPR garnu parcha."
    • (Translation: "Not conscious. Need to do CPR.")

Safety / Danger

  • "Fire! Fire brigade bolaunus!"
    • (Translation: "Fire! Call the fire brigade!")
  • "Thief! Police! Help!"
    • (Translation: "Thief! Police! Help!")
  • "Earthquake! Safe place ma jau!"
    • (Translation: "Earthquake! Go to a safe place!")
  • "Danger cha. Move back!"
    • (Translation: "There's danger. Move back!")

Lost / Missing

  • "Ma lost bhaye. Help garnus na."
    • (Translation: "I am lost. Please help me.")
  • "Yo address ma kasari pugne? Direction deu."
    • (Translation: "How to reach this address? Give directions.")
  • "Wallet harayo. Police ma report garum."
    • (Translation: "I lost my wallet. Let's report to the police.")
  • "Phone charge chaina. Call garna milcha?"
    • (Translation: "My phone has no charge. Can I make a call?")

13. ONLINE / SOCIAL MEDIA

Posting / Sharing

  • "New post aayo! Like ra share garnus!"
    • (Translation: "New post is up! Like and share!")
  • "Status update garum. Feeling happy today."
    • (Translation: "Let me update my status. Feeling happy today.")
  • "Story ma photo halum. Memory capture garum."
    • (Translation: "Let me put a photo on my story. Let's capture a memory.")

 

14. AT THE GYM / FITNESS CENTER (Trainers & Fellow Gym-Goers)

Starting a Workout

  • "Warm-up garnu parcha. Injury nagarna."
    • (Translation: "Need to warm up. To avoid injury.")
  • "Aaja leg day ho. Squats garum."
    • (Translation: "Today is leg day. Let's do squats.")
  • "Trainer le form correct garnus. Back sida rakhnu."
    • (Translation: "Let the trainer correct the form. Keep your back straight.")
  • "Cardio 30 minutes compulsory cha. Fat burn huncha."
    • (Translation: "30 minutes of cardio is compulsory. It burns fat.")

Asking for Help/Advice

  • "Yo machine kasari use garne? Instructions chaina."
    • (Translation: "How to use this machine? No instructions.")
  • "Protein shake linu parcha ki natural food?"
    • (Translation: "Should I take protein shake or natural food?")
  • "Spotting garnus na. Last rep ma garo huncha."
    • (Translation: "Please spot me. It gets hard on the last rep.")
  • "Body pain cha. Stretch garnus bhancha?"
    • (Translation: "I have body pain. Do you recommend stretching?")

Encouraging Someone

  • "Come on! One more rep! Timi strong chhau!"
    • (Translation: "Come on! One more rep! You are strong!")
  • "Don't give up! Results aaudai cha!"
    • (Translation: "Don't give up! Results are coming!")
  • "Consistency is key. Every day ali ali garyo bhane huncha."
    • (Translation: "Consistency is key. If you do a little every day, it works.")
  • "Proud of you! Transformation dekhiyecha!"
    • (Translation: "Proud of you! The transformation is visible!")

Ending the Session

  • "Cool-down garnus. Heart rate normal huncha."
    • (Translation: "Cool down. Your heart rate will normalize.")
  • "Sweat bhayo. Shower linu parcha."
    • (Translation: "I sweated. Need to shower.")
  • "Same time bholi? Consistency maintain garum."
    • (Translation: "Same time tomorrow? Let's maintain consistency.")
  • "Great workout! See you tomorrow!"
    • (Translation: "Great workout! See you tomorrow!")

15. AT THE SALON / BARBERSHOP (Stylists & Customers)

Giving Instructions

  • "Haircut garnu cha. Short side ma, long top ma."
    • (Translation: "Need a haircut. Short on the sides, long on top.")
  • "Trim matra garnus. Length change nagarnus."
    • (Translation: "Just do a trim. Don't change the length.")
  • "Beard shape garnus. Clean look chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Shape the beard. I want a clean look.")
  • "Color garnu cha. Natural brown shade."
    • (Translation: "Need to color. Natural brown shade.")

Asking for Recommendations

  • "Which style suits me? Face shape anusar?"
    • (Translation: "Which style suits me? According to my face shape?")
  • "Shampoo recommend garnus. Dry scalp cha."
    • (Translation: "Recommend a shampoo. I have a dry scalp.")
  • "Facial garda ramro? Skin type k ho?"
    • (Translation: "Is a facial good? What's my skin type?")
  • "Product use garnus. Hold strong chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Use product. I need strong hold.")

During the Service

  • "Scissors le garnus. Machine le audaina."
    • (Translation: "Use scissors. Don't use the machine.")
  • "Ali short garnus. Bold look chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Make it a little shorter. I want a bold look.")
  • "Mirror ma dekhaunu. Check garum."
    • (Translation: "Show me in the mirror. Let me check.")
  • "Perfect! Exactly yo chahiyeko!"
    • (Translation: "Perfect! This is exactly what I wanted!")

Paying

  • "Service kati ko bhayo? Package cha?"
    • (Translation: "How much for the service? Is there a package?")
  • "Tip dinus. Satisfied chu."
    • (Translation: "Here's a tip. I am satisfied.")
  • "Next time pheri aunchu. Appointment gardinuhola."
    • (Translation: "I'll come again next time. I'll make an appointment.")
  • "Thanks! Look amazing cha!"
    • (Translation: "Thanks! The look is amazing!")

16. AT THE TEMPLE / RELIGIOUS PLACE (Priests & Devotees)

Entering

  • "Shoes bahira rakhnum. Holy place ho."
    • (Translation: "Leave shoes outside. It's a holy place.")
  • "Silence maintain garnus. Meditate garum."
    • (Translation: "Maintain silence. Let's meditate.")
  • "Bell bajaunu parcha. Prayer suru garna."
    • (Translation: "Need to ring the bell. To start the prayer.")
  • "Prasad linus. Blessing ho."
    • (Translation: "Take the prasad. It's a blessing.")

Asking the Priest

  • "Aarti ko time kati ho? Miss nagarum."
    • (Translation: "What's the aarti time? Don't want to miss it.")
  • "Mantra bhanidinus. Correct pronunciation cha?"
    • (Translation: "Please tell the mantra. Is the pronunciation correct?")
  • "Offering k dinu parcha? Fruits ho ki flowers?"
    • (Translation: "What offering should I give? Fruits or flowers?")
  • "Puja garne procedure bhanidinus."
    • (Translation: "Tell me the procedure for the puja.")

During Prayer

  • "Om Namah Shivaya. Peace feel bhairachha."
    • (Translation: "Om Namah Shivaya. I feel peace.")
  • "Close your eyes. Focus garnus."
    • (Translation: "Close your eyes. Focus.")
  • "Aarti herum. Devotional feel auncha."
    • (Translation: "Let's watch the aarti. It gives a devotional feeling.")
  • "Blessings magnau. Family ko lagi."
    • (Translation: "Ask for blessings. For the family.")

Leaving

  • "Shanti bhayechu. Heart light bhayo."
    • (Translation: "I feel peace. My heart feels light.")
  • "Thank you for blessings! Hope pura hos."
    • (Translation: "Thank you for the blessings! Hope they come true.")
  • "Next week pheri aunchu. Regular jaana parcha."
    • (Translation: "I'll come again next week. Need to go regularly.")
  • "Namaste! Divine energy feel bhayo!"
    • (Translation: "Namaste! I felt divine energy!")

17. AT THE MOVIE THEATER / CINEMA (Friends & Staff)

Buying Tickets

  • "Ticket kati ko? Student discount cha?"
    • (Translation: "How much for the ticket? Is there a student discount?")
  • "Movie kun ramro? Showtime k ho?"
    • (Translation: "Which movie is good? What's the showtime?")
  • "Popcorn ra cold drink linu parcha. Combo dinus."
    • (Translation: "Need popcorn and a cold drink. Give me a combo.")
  • "Seat number kata? Middle row ramro huncha."
    • (Translation: "What's the seat number? Middle row is good.")

Before the Show

  • "Trailer herum. Excited lagyo."
    • (Translation: "Let's watch the trailer. I am excited.")
  • "Phone silent ma rakhnus. Disturb nahos."
    • (Translation: "Keep your phone on silent. So it won't disturb.")
  • "Food khadai herum. Crunch nagarau."
    • (Translation: "Let's eat while watching. Don't crunch loudly.")
  • "Review suneko. Blockbuster cha re."
    • (Translation: "I heard the review. It's said to be a blockbuster.")

Watching the Movie

  • "Scene dami cha! Goosebumps aayo!"
    • (Translation: "The scene is great! I got goosebumps!")
  • "Plot twist! Expected garena!"
    • (Translation: "Plot twist! Didn't expect that!")
  • "Acting ramro cha. Oscar worthy!"
    • (Translation: "The acting is good. Oscar worthy!")
  • "Climax amazing thiyo! Happy ending!"
    • (Translation: "The climax was amazing! Happy ending!")

Leaving

  • "Post-credit scene cha? Wait garum."
    • (Translation: "Is there a post-credit scene? Let's wait.")
  • "Movie ko message ramro thiyo."
    • (Translation: "The movie's message was good.")
  • "Rating 5 star dinchu. Must-watch!"
    • (Translation: "I give it 5 stars. Must-watch!")
  • "Next week arko movie herum? Plan garum."
    • (Translation: "Shall we watch another movie next week? Let's plan.")

18. AT THE HOTEL / LODGE (Receptionists & Guests)

Checking In

  • "Reservation cha. Name Sharma ho."
    • (Translation: "I have a reservation. Name is Sharma.")
  • "Check-in garnu cha. Room type k paryo?"
    • (Translation: "Need to check in. What room type did I get?")
  • "ID dinus. Registration form bharnus."
    • (Translation: "Give your ID. Fill the registration form.")
  • "WiFi password k ho? Free cha?"
    • (Translation: "What's the WiFi password? Is it free?")

Asking for Facilities

  • "Breakfast kahile bata cha? Buffet ho?"
    • (Translation: "What time does breakfast start? Is it buffet?")
  • "Gym cha? Pool open cha?"
    • (Translation: "Is there a gym? Is the pool open?")
  • "Room service 24/7 ho? Menu dinus."
    • (Translation: "Is room service 24/7? Give me the menu.")
  • "Extra pillow chahiyo. Blanket pani."
    • (Translation: "I need an extra pillow. A blanket too.")

Complaints

  • "Noise dherai cha. Change garnus room."
    • (Translation: "Too much noise. Change my room.")
  • "AC kaam gardaina. Technician pathaunus."
    • (Translation: "The AC isn't working. Send a technician.")
  • "Hot water chaina. Check garnus na."
    • (Translation: "No hot water. Please check.")
  • "Cleanliness ramro chaina. Housekeeping pathaunus."
    • (Translation: "The cleanliness isn't good. Send housekeeping.")

Checking Out

  • "Check-out garnu cha. Bill ready cha?"
    • (Translation: "Need to check out. Is the bill ready?")
  • "Extra charge k ko lagyo? Explain garnus."
    • (Translation: "What's the extra charge for? Explain.")
  • "Overall experience ramro. Recommend garchu."
    • (Translation: "Overall experience was good. I will recommend.")
  • "Feedback dinu cha. Satisfied chu."
    • (Translation: "Need to give feedback. I am satisfied.")

19. ON A DATE (Romantic Partner / Crush)

Arranging the Date

  • "Meet garum Coffee shop ma. Time kati?"
    • (Translation: "Let's meet at the coffee shop. What time?")
  • "Dinner date ho. Nice place ma jaum."
    • (Translation: "It's a dinner date. Let's go to a nice place.")
  • "Excited chu. Dress properly aunu."
    • (Translation: "I am excited. Come properly dressed.")
  • "Surprise cha timi lagi. Wait garnus."
    • (Translation: "I have a surprise for you. Wait for it.")

During the Date

  • "You look beautiful/handsome. Love the outfit."
    • (Translation: "You look beautiful/handsome. Love the outfit.")
  • "Nervous thiye tara comfortable feel bhairachha."
    • (Translation: "I was nervous but I feel comfortable now.")
  • "Order garnus. Everything on me."
    • (Translation: "Order. Everything is on me.")
  • "Conversation ramro cha. Connected feel garchu."
    • (Translation: "The conversation is good. I feel connected.")

Flirting / Compliments

  • "Eyes amazing chan. Sparkling."
    • (Translation: "Your eyes are amazing. Sparkling.")
  • "Laugh sunera happy hunchu. Infectious cha."
    • (Translation: "Hearing your laugh makes me happy. It's infectious.")
  • "Smart ni chhau, funny ni. Perfect combo."
    • (Translation: "You're smart and funny. Perfect combo.")
  • "Time kati chito bitya? Enjoy gare."
    • (Translation: "How did the time pass so fast? I enjoyed.")

Ending the Date

  • "Perfect evening! Thanks for coming."
    • (Translation: "Perfect evening! Thanks for coming.")
  • "Next date plan garum? Free kahile?"
    • (Translation: "Let's plan the next date? When are you free?")
  • "Drop garchu. Home samma."
    • (Translation: "I'll drop you. Till your home.")
  • "Text garnus pugda. Goodnight."
    • (Translation: "Text me when you reach. Goodnight.")

20. AT THE POST OFFICE (Staff & Customers)

Sending a Parcel

  • "Parcel pathaunu cha. Weight kati?"
    • (Translation: "Need to send a parcel. What's the weight?")
  • "Speed post ho ki ordinary? Time difference?"
    • (Translation: "Is it speed post or ordinary? Time difference?")
  • "Address clearly lekhnus. Phone number pani."
    • (Translation: "Write the address clearly. Phone number too.")
  • "Tracking number dinus. Track garna parcha."
    • (Translation: "Give me a tracking number. Need to track it.")

Receiving a Parcel

  • "Parcel aayecha. ID dekhaunu."
    • (Translation: "A parcel has arrived. Show your ID.")
  • "Signature dinu parcha. Receive garnus."
    • (Translation: "Need to give a signature. Receive it.")
  • "Damage cha packet ma. Complaint garnu cha."
    • (Translation: "The packet is damaged. Need to complain.")
  • "Return garna milcha? Policy k ho?"
    • (Translation: "Can I return it? What's the policy?")

Sending Money / Draft

  • "Money order pathaunu cha. Form dinus."
    • (Translation: "Need to send a money order. Give me the form.")
  • "Draft banaunu cha. Amount 10,000."
    • (Translation: "Need to make a draft. Amount 10,000.")
  • "Fee kati? Processing time kati?"
    • (Translation: "What's the fee? What's the processing time?")
  • "Receipt rakhnus. Proof chahincha."
    • (Translation: "Keep the receipt. Proof will be needed.")

21. AT THE PARK / PUBLIC GARDEN (Families & Friends)

Relaxing

  • "Fresh air le mind sapha huncha."
    • (Translation: "Fresh air cleans the mind.")
  • "Walk garum. Health ramro huncha."
    • (Translation: "Let's walk. Health becomes good.")
  • "Bench ma basum. Nature feel garum."
    • (Translation: "Let's sit on the bench. Feel nature.")
  • "Peaceful cha yaha. Stress kam huncha."
    • (Translation: "It's peaceful here. Stress reduces.")

With Children

  • "Kids khelun. Swing ma."
    • (Translation: "Let the kids play. On the swing.")
  • "Careful garnus. Fall nahos."
    • (Translation: "Be careful. Don't fall.")
  • "Photo khichum. Childhood memory ho."
    • (Translation: "Let's take a photo. It's a childhood memory.")
  • "Ice cream khau? Treat dinchu."
    • (Translation: "Want ice cream? I'll treat you.")

Exercising

  • "Morning walk regular cha. Fit rahannu."
    • (Translation: "Regular morning walk. Stay fit.")
  • "Jogging garda energy auncha."
    • (Translation: "Jogging gives energy.")
  • "Yoga garum. Flexibility badcha."
    • (Translation: "Let's do yoga. Flexibility increases.")
  • "Stretch garnus. Tension release huncha."
    • (Translation: "Stretch. Tension releases.")

22. AT THE GAS STATION / PETROL PUMP

Filling Fuel

  • "Full tank garnus. Petrol ho."
    • (Translation: "Fill the full tank. It's petrol.")
  • "Diesel halnu parcha. Car le."
    • (Translation: "Need diesel. The car takes it.")
  • "Self-service cha ki attendant?"
    • (Translation: "Is it self-service or with an attendant?")
  • "Amount kati bhayo? Card le tirchu."
    • (Translation: "What's the amount? I'll pay by card.")

Additional Services

  • "Tyre pressure check garnus. Low cha."
    • (Translation: "Check the tyre pressure. It's low.")
  • "Oil level check garnus. Engine safe rakhna."
    • (Translation: "Check the oil level. To keep the engine safe.")
  • "Windshield clean garnus. Vision clear chaina."
    • (Translation: "Clean the windshield. Vision isn't clear.")
  • "Air deu tyres ma. Long trip jana cha."
    • (Translation: "Put air in the tyres. Need to go on a long trip.")

Paying

  • "Bill dinus. Print garnus."
    • (Translation: "Give me the bill. Print it.")
  • "Discount cha? Membership card cha."
    • (Translation: "Is there a discount? I have a membership card.")
  • "Change chaina. Keep it."
    • (Translation: "I don't have change. Keep it.")
  • "Thank you. Drive safe."
    • (Translation: "Thank you. Drive safe.")

23. AT THE SPORTS FIELD (Teammates & Coaches)

Before the Game

  • "Warm-up garum. Injury naos."
    • (Translation: "Let's warm up. So we don't get injured.")
  • "Strategy discuss garum. Win garnu cha."
    • (Translation: "Let's discuss strategy. Need to win.")
  • "Captain ko decision follow garnus."
    • (Translation: "Follow the captain's decision.")
  • "Team spirit important cha. Together sakchau."
    • (Translation: "Team spirit is important. We can do it together.")

During the Game

  • "Pass deu! Open chu!"
    • (Translation: "Pass the ball! I'm open!")
  • "Defense strong rakhnus. Attack aaudai cha."
    • (Translation: "Keep defense strong. The attack is coming.")
  • "Goal! Amazing shot!"
    • (Translation: "Goal! Amazing shot!")
  • "Foul bhayena! Referee blind ho?"
    • (Translation: "That wasn't a foul! Is the referee blind?")

Supporting Teammates

  • "Don't give up! Time baaki cha!"
    • (Translation: "Don't give up! Time is still left!")
  • "Excellent play! Keep going!"
    • (Translation: "Excellent play! Keep going!")
  • "Focus garnus. Concentration chaincha."
    • (Translation: "Focus. Concentration is needed.")
  • "Stay calm. Pressure manage garnus."
    • (Translation: "Stay calm. Manage the pressure.")

After the Game

  • "Good game! Proud of the team!"
    • (Translation: "Good game! Proud of the team!")
  • "Win bhayo! Celebrate garum!"
    • (Translation: "We won! Let's celebrate!")
  • "Loss ho tara learnt dherai. Next time."
    • (Translation: "It's a loss but we learned a lot. Next time.")
  • "Handshake garnus. Sportsmanship ho."
    • (Translation: "Shake hands. It's sportsmanship.")

24. AT THE BEAUTY PARLOR (Stylists & Clients)

Skin Care

  • "Facial garnu cha. Glowing skin chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Need a facial. I want glowing skin.")
  • "Pimple cha. Clean-up garnus."
    • (Translation: "I have pimples. Do a clean-up.")
  • "Fairness cream use garnus? Recommendation?"
    • (Translation: "Should I use fairness cream? Recommendation?")
  • "Organic product use garnus. Chemical nalagau."
    • (Translation: "Use organic products. Don't apply chemicals.")

Nail Care

  • "Manicure ra pedicure garnu cha."
    • (Translation: "Need a manicure and pedicure.")
  • "Nail polish color suggest garnus. Subtle shade."
    • (Translation: "Suggest a nail polish color. Subtle shade.")
  • "Cuticle cutting garnus. Neat rakhnu."
    • (Translation: "Cut the cuticles. Keep it neat.")
  • "Design pani garnus. Art huncha."
    • (Translation: "Do a design too. It's art.")

Waxing / Threading

  • "Threading garnus. Shape natural rakhnu."
    • (Translation: "Do threading. Keep the shape natural.")
  • "Waxing dukcha? Pain ko tolerance chaina."
    • (Translation: "Does waxing hurt? I have low pain tolerance.")
  • "Sensitive skin ho. Gentle garnus."
    • (Translation: "I have sensitive skin. Be gentle.")
  • "After-care product dinus. Irritation nahos."
    • (Translation: "Give me after-care product. So there's no irritation.")

25. AT THE LAUNDRY / DRY CLEANER

Dropping Off

  • "Wash ra iron garnu cha. Ready kahile?"
    • (Translation: "Need wash and iron. When will it be ready?")
  • "Dry clean garnus. Delicate fabric ho."
    • (Translation: "Do dry clean. It's delicate fabric.")
  • "Stain cha. Remove garnus. Special treatment."
    • (Translation: "There's a stain. Remove it. Special treatment.")
  • "Colored ra white separate garnus."
    • (Translation: "Keep colored and white separate.")

Picking Up

  • "Parcel uthauna aayeko. Bill dinus."
    • (Translation: "I came to pick up the parcel. Give me the bill.")
  • "Missing item cha. Check garnus."
    • (Translation: "There's a missing item. Please check.")
  • "Shirt ko collar stiff chaina. Iron pheri."
    • (Translation: "The shirt's collar isn't stiff. Iron again.")
  • "Quality ramro cha. Regular aunchu."
    • (Translation: "The quality is good. I'll come regularly.")

26. AT THE NURSERY / GARDEN SHOP

Buying Plants

  • "Indoor plants cha? Air purifier chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Do you have indoor plants? Need an air purifier.")
  • "Flower ko seed dinus. Easy grow hune."
    • (Translation: "Give me flower seeds. Ones that grow easily.")
  • "Pot pani chahiyo. Size medium."
    • (Translation: "Need a pot too. Medium size.")
  • "Fertilizer kun ramro? Organic chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Which fertilizer is good? Need organic.")

Gardening Advice

  • "Sunlight kati chaincha? Water kahile?"
    • (Translation: "How much sunlight is needed? When to water?")
  • "Pest ko problem cha. Solution dinus."
    • (Translation: "There's a pest problem. Give a solution.")
  • "Repotting garnu parcha? Root bigriyecha."
    • (Translation: "Need repotting? The roots are damaged.")
  • "Season anusar kun plant ramro?"
    • (Translation: "Which plant is good according to the season?")

27. AT THE PET STORE

Buying Pet Food

  • "Dog food chahiyo. Puppy ko lagi."
    • (Translation: "Need dog food. For a puppy.")
  • "Cat food ma brand kun ramro?"
    • (Translation: "Which brand is good for cat food?")
  • "Treat pani dinus. Training ko lagi."
    • (Translation: "Give treats too. For training.")
  • "Bowl ra leash chahiyo. Set ma dinus."
    • (Translation: "Need a bowl and leash. Give it as a set.")

Health Care

  • "Vaccination chaincha? Schedule k ho?"
    • (Translation: "Does it need vaccination? What's the schedule?")
  • "Flea problem cha. Medicine dinus."
    • (Translation: "There's a flea problem. Give medicine.")
  • "Grooming service cha? Brush garnus."
    • (Translation: "Is there a grooming service? Brush.")
  • "Vitamin supplement dinu parcha? Bone health ko lagi."
    • (Translation: "Should I give vitamin supplement? For bone health.")

28. AT THE PRINTING / PHOTOCOPY SHOP

Photocopy / Print

  • "Photocopy garnu cha. Double side."
    • (Translation: "Need photocopy. Double side.")
  • "Color print ho ki black and white?"
    • (Translation: "Is it color print or black and white?")
  • "Binding pani garnus. Spiral binding."
    • (Translation: "Do binding too. Spiral binding.")
  • "PDF send garchu. Print garnus."
    • (Translation: "I'll send the PDF. Print it.")

Passport / ID Photos

  • "Passport photo chahiyo. White background."
    • (Translation: "Need a passport photo. White background.")
  • "Size specification anusar garnus."
    • (Translation: "Make it according to size specification.")
  • "Soft copy pani chaincha. Email gardinus."
    • (Translation: "Need a soft copy too. Email it.")
  • "Retouch garnus. Lighting ramro banau."
    • (Translation: "Retouch. Make the lighting good.")

29. AT THE CAR SERVICE CENTER

Routine Service

  • "Car service garnu cha. Oil change."
    • (Translation: "Need car service. Oil change.")
  • "Brake check garnus. Noise aairacha."
    • (Translation: "Check the brakes. There's noise coming.")
  • "Tyre rotate garnus. Alignment pani."
    • (Translation: "Rotate the tyres. Alignment too.")
  • "Air filter change garnu parcha? Suggestion?"
    • (Translation: "Does the air filter need changing? Suggestion?")

Breakdown / Repair

  • "Car start bhayena. Battery dead ho?"
    • (Translation: "The car won't start. Is the battery dead?")
  • "Engine ma problem cha. Mechanic dekhaunus."
    • (Translation: "There's a problem in the engine. Show it to the mechanic.")
  • "Scratch cha body ma. Touch-up garnus."
    • (Translation: "There's a scratch on the body. Do a touch-up.")
  • "Cost kati lagcha? Estimate dinus."
    • (Translation: "How much will it cost? Give an estimate.")

30. AT THE VEHICLE RENTAL / BIKE RENTAL

Renting a Vehicle

  • "Bike rental garnu cha. Automatic chahiyo."
    • (Translation: "Need to rent a bike. I want automatic.")
  • "Car rent garda deposit kati?"
    • (Translation: "When renting a car, what's the deposit?")
  • "Documents chahiyo. License ra ID."
    • (Translation: "Documents needed. License and ID.")
  • "Helmet dinus. Safety first."
    • (Translation: "Give helmets. Safety first.")

Rental Conditions

  • "Fuel policy k ho? Full tank return?"
    • (Translation: "What's the fuel policy? Return full tank?")
  • "Extra hour ko charge kati?"
    • (Translation: "What's the charge for extra hours?")
  • "Insurance covered cha? Accident ma?"
    • (Translation: "Is insurance covered? In case of accident?")
  • "Return time kati? Late fee cha?"
    • (Translation: "What's the return time? Is there a late fee?")

Returning

  • "Return gardai chu. Check garnus."
    • (Translation: "I am returning. Please check.")
  • "Damage chaina. Satisfied?"
    • (Translation: "No damage. Satisfied?")
  • "Deposit refund garus. Cash ho."
    • (Translation: "Refund the deposit. It's cash.")
  • "Rating dinus. Excellent service."
    • (Translation: "Give a rating. Excellent service.")

31. AT THE LIBRARY

Borrowing Books

  • "Library card cha. Book linu cha."
    • (Translation: "I have a library card. Need to borrow a book.")
  • "Search garnus. Author ko name cha."
    • (Translation: "Search. I have the author's name.")
  • "Due date kati? Renew garna milcha?"
    • (Translation: "What's the due date? Can I renew?")
  • "Fiction section kata? New arrivals?"
    • (Translation: "Where's the fiction section? New arrivals?")

Returning Books

  • "Return garnu cha. Fine cha?"
    • (Translation: "Need to return. Is there a fine?")
  • "Late bhayechu. Pay garnu parcha."
    • (Translation: "I am late. Need to pay.")
  • "Lost book ko replacement cost kati?"
    • (Translation: "What's the replacement cost for a lost book?")

 

25 Fill-in-the-Blank Questions

Based on Situations 14–31

Answers are NOT included.


1. "Let's meet at the coffee shop. What time is our __________?"
(date / meeting / class)

2. "I need to __________ the parcel to my friend in Australia."
(send / receive / return)

3. "Please __________ the bike. I need to check for any damage."
(inspect / drive / wash)

4. "The __________ at the hotel includes breakfast and dinner."
(package / room / view)

5. "My car won't start. I think the __________ is dead."
(battery / engine / tire)

6. "Can you __________ my hair? Just a trim on the sides."
(cut / style / wash)

7. "The __________ in the movie theater was too loud."
(volume / screen / seat)

8. "I need to __________ my library books by Friday."
(return / borrow / buy)

9. "The __________ gave me a discount on the membership card."
(cashier / manager / trainer)

10. "We need to __________ a strategy before the game starts."
(discuss / ignore / delay)

11. "The __________ at the salon recommended an organic facial."
(stylist / doctor / teacher)

12. "Please __________ the form before submitting it to the post office."
(fill / read / tear)

13. "The __________ at the gas station checked my tyre pressure."
(attendant / driver / passenger)

14. "I have a __________ at the clinic with Dr. Sharma tomorrow."
(appointment / meeting / party)

15. "The __________ in the hotel room wasn't working properly."
(AC / TV / fan)

16. "You need to __________ the receipt as proof of payment."
(keep / throw / ignore)

17. "The __________ gave us a special prayer for the family."
(priest / doctor / teacher)

18. "I need to __________ my passport photo at the printing shop."
(take / print / send)

19. "The __________ at the nursery suggested a good fertilizer."
(gardener / cashier / driver)

20. "Please __________ my car for a routine service check."
(schedule / cancel / delay)

21. "The __________ in the park is perfect for morning walks."
(environment / traffic / market)

22. "I need to __________ my dog for a walk in the garden."
(take / leave / tie)

23. "The __________ at the pet store recommended a good brand."
(store clerk / doctor / driver)

24. "Please __________ the documents before the security check."
(prepare / hide / discard)

25. "The __________ at the photocopy shop did a great job with the binding."
(attendant / manager / driver)

Answer Key with Short Reasons

1.      date — A planned meeting between two people romantically is a date.

2.      send — You send a parcel to another person.

3.      inspect — To inspect means to examine something carefully for damage.

4.      package — A hotel package can include accommodation, breakfast, dinner, and other services.

5.      battery — A dead battery can prevent a car from starting.

6.      cut — A haircut involves cutting the hair, especially when asking for a trim.

7.      volume — The volume controls how loud or quiet the sound is.

8.      return — Library books must be returned by the due date.

9.      manager — A manager may provide or approve a membership discount.

10. discuss — We discuss a strategy before deciding how to play.

11. stylist — A stylist provides hair and beauty services and can recommend treatments.

12. fill — You fill in a form before submitting it.

13. attendant — A gas-station attendant can provide services such as checking tyre pressure.

14. appointment — An appointment is a scheduled visit with a doctor or other professional.

15. ACAC means air conditioning, which can stop working in a hotel room.

16. keep — You should keep a receipt as proof of payment.

17. priest — A priest conducts prayers and religious ceremonies.

18. print — At a printing shop, you print a passport photo.

19. gardener — A gardener can recommend suitable plants and fertilizers.

20. schedule — You schedule a service appointment for a particular time.

21. environment — A peaceful environment in a park is suitable for morning walks.

22. take — You take your dog for a walk.

23. store clerk — A store clerk can recommend products and brands to customers.

24. prepare — You prepare documents before presenting them for a security check.

25. attendant — An attendant at a photocopy shop can provide printing and binding services.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

English Language

 English Language  1. Talking to Elders / Senior Relatives (Formal & Respectful) Always use "Tapai" (you) and "Hajur...