Thursday, 10 September 2026

IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Biswas Theeng (Sarjahan, UAE)

IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Biswas Theeng (Sarjahan, UAE)

Examiner: Good morning. My name is [Examiner's name]. Can you tell me your full name, please?

Biswas: Good morning. My full name is Biswas Theeng.

Examiner: And where are you from?

Biswas: I'm originally from Nepal, but I currently live in Sarjahan, which is in the UAE. I've been living there for a few years now.

Examiner: Can I see your identification, please?

Biswas: Yes, of course. Here it is.

IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Biswas Theeng (Sarjahan, UAE)

7 different IELTS Speaking Part 1 sets 


SET 1 – Hometown & Living in Sarjahan, UAE

1. Examiner: Where are you from?

Biswas: I'm originally from Nepal, but I've been living in Sarjahan, UAE, for a few years now. It has become like a second home to me, and I really enjoy the lifestyle here.

2. Examiner: Do you like living in Sarjahan?

Biswas: Yes, I do. It's a peaceful and well-organised area with good facilities. The community is very diverse, and I've made friends from many different countries. The only challenge is the summer heat, but I've got used to it.

3. Examiner: What do you like most about your area?

Biswas: I'd say the convenience. Supermarkets, restaurants, and parks are all nearby, and it's well-connected to other parts of the UAE. It's also much quieter than the big city centres, which I really appreciate.

4. Examiner: Is it a good place for young people?

Biswas: Absolutely. There are plenty of job opportunities, especially in the oil and gas sector, and there's a lot to do in terms of shopping, dining, and entertainment. It's a great place to build a career.

5. Examiner: Would you like to live there in the future?

Biswas: For now, yes. It's a safe and comfortable place to live and work. But eventually, I'd like to travel more and maybe settle somewhere with a cooler climate.

6. Examiner: How long have you lived there?

Biswas: I've been living in Sarjahan for a few years now. Before that, I lived in Thailand and Singapore, so I'm quite used to living abroad.


SET 2 – Work (ADNOC Oil and Gas – Admin Assistant)

1. Examiner: Do you work or are you a student?

Biswas: I work full-time. I'm an Admin Assistant at ADNOC Oil and Gas, and I've been in this role for a while now.

2. Examiner: What does your job involve?

Biswas: My main responsibilities include managing schedules, handling correspondence, organising files, and supporting the team with day-to-day administrative tasks. It's quite varied, so no two days are the same.

3. Examiner: What do you enjoy about your job?

Biswas: I enjoy the teamwork and the professional environment. ADNOC is a well-respected company, so I feel proud to be part of it. I also learn something new almost every day, which keeps me motivated.

4. Examiner: Is your job stressful?

Biswas: Sometimes, yes. There are deadlines and a lot of coordination involved, but I've learned to manage my time well. I actually enjoy a bit of pressure — it keeps me sharp.

5. Examiner: Would you like to change your job in the future?

Biswas: Possibly. I'd like to grow in my career and take on more responsibility. If a better opportunity comes along within the company, I'd definitely consider it.

6. Examiner: Why did you choose this type of work?

Biswas: After working as a chef for several years, I wanted a more stable and structured career. Administration appealed to me because it offers a good work-life balance and opportunities for growth.


SET 3 – Previous Experience as a Chef (Thailand & Singapore)

1. Examiner: Have you always worked in administration?

Biswas: No, not at all. Before this, I worked as a chef in Thailand and Singapore for several years. It was a completely different experience, but I learned a lot.

2. Examiner: What did you enjoy about being a chef?

Biswas: I loved the creativity involved. Cooking is an art, and I enjoyed experimenting with flavours and presenting dishes beautifully. The fast-paced kitchen environment also kept me energised.

3. Examiner: Why did you stop working as a chef?

Biswas: The hours were very long and unpredictable, and it was physically demanding. After a few years, I wanted a more stable career with a better work-life balance, so I moved into administration.

4. Examiner: What did you learn from your time in Thailand and Singapore?

Biswas: I learned so much about different cuisines, cultures, and ways of working. Thailand taught me about bold flavours and street food, while Singapore showed me precision and efficiency in the kitchen. It also made me more adaptable and open-minded.

5. Examiner: Do you still cook now?

Biswas: Yes, I do. I cook at home regularly, and my friends often ask me to prepare meals for them. It's a hobby I'll never give up.

6. Examiner: Would you ever go back to being a chef?

Biswas: Maybe part-time or as a hobby, but not as a full-time career. I've moved on to a different path now, and I'm happy with that decision.


SET 4 – Hobby: Travelling

1. Examiner: Do you like travelling?

Biswas: Yes, I absolutely love it. Travelling is one of my biggest passions. I've been fortunate enough to live and work in different countries, which has given me a real taste for exploring new places.

2. Examiner: What kind of places do you like to visit?

Biswas: I enjoy a mix. I love beach destinations where I can relax, but I also enjoy cities with rich culture and history. Thailand and Singapore were amazing because they offered both.

3. Examiner: Who do you usually travel with?

Biswas: Usually with friends or sometimes alone. Travelling alone gives me freedom and time to reflect, while travelling with friends makes the experience more fun and memorable.

4. Examiner: What do you enjoy most about travelling?

Biswas: I love experiencing new cultures, trying different foods, and meeting people from all walks of life. It broadens your perspective and makes you more open-minded.

5. Examiner: Do you prefer travelling by plane or by car?

Biswas: It depends on the distance. For long journeys, I prefer flying because it's quick and convenient. For shorter trips, I enjoy driving because you can stop and explore along the way.

6. Examiner: Would you like to travel more in the future?

Biswas: Definitely. I'd love to visit Japan, Turkey, and some European countries. There's so much of the world I haven't seen yet, and I plan to explore as much as I can.


SET 5 – Hobby: Cooking

1. Examiner: Do you enjoy cooking?

Biswas: Yes, I really do. Cooking has been a big part of my life, especially since I worked as a chef. Even now, I cook regularly at home and find it very relaxing.

2. Examiner: What kind of food do you like to cook?

Biswas: I enjoy cooking a mix of Nepali, Thai, and Middle Eastern dishes. I love experimenting with spices and flavours. Biryani, dal bhat, and Thai curries are some of my favourites.

3. Examiner: Did you learn to cook from someone?

Biswas: I learned the basics from my mother, but most of my skills came from working in professional kitchens in Thailand and Singapore. That's where I really developed my technique.

4. Examiner: Do you prefer cooking at home or eating out?

Biswas: I prefer cooking at home. It's healthier, cheaper, and I enjoy the process. Eating out is nice occasionally, but nothing beats a home-cooked meal.

5. Examiner: Is cooking popular in your country?

Biswas: Yes, very much so. Food is a big part of our culture, and most people cook at home. Traditional dishes are passed down through generations, so cooking is seen as an important life skill.

6. Examiner: Would you like to open your own restaurant one day?

Biswas: That would be a dream come true. I've thought about it before. Maybe one day, when I have more time and resources, I'd love to open a small restaurant serving Nepali and Thai fusion cuisine.


SET 6 – Daily Routine & Lifestyle

1. Examiner: What is your daily routine like?

Biswas: I usually wake up early, around 6 a.m., and start my day with a cup of tea. I head to work at ADNOC, and after finishing, I either go for a walk or relax at home. In the evenings, I sometimes cook or watch football.

2. Examiner: Are you a morning person or an evening person?

Biswas: I'd say I'm more of a morning person. I feel most productive in the early hours. By the evening, I'm usually quite tired, so I prefer to relax and take it easy.

3. Examiner: How do you usually relax after work?

Biswas: I like to unwind by watching something on TV, cooking a nice meal, or chatting with friends. Occasionally, I go for a walk, especially in the cooler months.

4. Examiner: Do you get enough free time?

Biswas: Not always, but I try to make time for myself. Work can be demanding, but I believe in maintaining a balance between work and personal life.

5. Examiner: Has your routine changed over the years?

Biswas: Yes, quite a bit. When I was a chef, my schedule was very irregular — I often worked late nights and weekends. Now, with my admin job, my routine is much more structured and predictable.

6. Examiner: What would you like to change about your daily routine?

Biswas: I'd like to exercise more regularly. I used to be quite active, but lately, I haven't had much time. I'm planning to start going to the gym or swimming a few times a week.


SET 7 – Food & Culture

1. Examiner: What kind of food do you like?

Biswas: I enjoy a wide variety. I love Nepali food, especially dal bhat, but I've also developed a taste for Thai, Singaporean, and Middle Eastern cuisine. Living in different countries has really expanded my palate.

2. Examiner: Is there any food you dislike?

Biswas: I'm not a big fan of overly sweet desserts. I prefer savoury dishes. But apart from that, I'm quite open to trying new things.

3. Examiner: Do people in your country eat out often?

Biswas: In Nepal, eating out is becoming more common, especially among younger people. But traditionally, most families prefer home-cooked meals. Here in the UAE, eating out is very popular because of the huge variety of restaurants.

4. Examiner: Has your diet changed since moving to the UAE?

Biswas: Yes, it has. I eat more Middle Eastern food now — things like shawarma, hummus, and biryani. I also eat more vegetables and grilled food because of the hot climate.

5. Examiner: Do you think food is an important part of culture?

Biswas: Absolutely. Food is one of the best ways to understand a culture. Every dish has a story, and sharing a meal is a universal way of connecting with people.

6. Examiner: Would you like to learn to cook dishes from other countries?

Biswas: Yes, definitely. I'd love to learn Japanese and Italian cooking. I think it's a great way to keep growing as a cook and to bring new flavours into my kitchen.

 

SET 8 – Technology & Mobile Phones

1. Examiner: How often do you use your mobile phone?

Biswas: I use it constantly, to be honest. From checking emails for work to staying in touch with family back in Nepal, my phone is essential. I'd say I use it several hours a day.

2. Examiner: What do you mainly use your phone for?

Biswas: Mostly for communication — calls, messages, and video chats with my family. I also use it for work emails, watching videos, and sometimes looking up recipes when I'm cooking.

3. Examiner: Do you prefer texting or calling?

Biswas: It depends on the situation. For quick messages, I prefer texting. But for important conversations or catching up with family, I'd rather call or video chat — it feels more personal.

4. Examiner: Have you ever tried to reduce your screen time?

Biswas: Yes, actually. I realised I was spending too much time on my phone, so I started leaving it aside during meals and before bed. It's made a difference — I feel more present and sleep better.

5. Examiner: What apps do you use most?

Biswas: WhatsApp is definitely the one I use most, mainly for family and friends. I also use YouTube for cooking videos and news apps to stay updated.

6. Examiner: Do you think people rely too much on technology?

Biswas: In some ways, yes. People are glued to their screens, even in social situations. But technology has also made life easier, so I think it's about finding a healthy balance.


SET 9 – Family & Friends

1. Examiner: Do you have a large family?

Biswas: I come from a moderately sized family. I have my parents, siblings, and a few close relatives back in Nepal. Even though we're far apart, we stay in touch regularly.

2. Examiner: How often do you see your family?

Biswas: Not as often as I'd like, since I live in the UAE and they're in Nepal. I usually visit once a year, but we video call almost every week.

3. Examiner: Are you close to your family?

Biswas: Yes, very close. Distance has actually made us appreciate each other more. We make sure to check in on each other and share updates about our lives.

4. Examiner: Do you prefer spending time with family or friends?

Biswas: I enjoy both, but in different ways. Family time is comforting and grounding, while time with friends is more relaxed and fun. I think you need both.

5. Examiner: How important are friends to you?

Biswas: Very important. Living abroad, friends become like family. They support you, celebrate with you, and help you when you're homesick. I really value those friendships.

6. Examiner: Do you make friends easily?

Biswas: I'd say yes. Working in different countries and kitchens taught me how to connect with people from all backgrounds. I'm quite sociable, so I find it easy to get along with others.


SET 10 – Sports & Exercise

1. Examiner: Do you play any sports?

Biswas: I don't play competitively, but I enjoy playing football casually with friends. I also like watching football — it's one of my favourite ways to relax.

2. Examiner: How often do you exercise?

Biswas: Honestly, not as often as I should. I try to go for walks in the cooler months and occasionally swim. I'm planning to be more consistent with exercise.

3. Examiner: What's your favourite sport to watch?

Biswas: Football, without a doubt. I follow the English Premier League and also enjoy watching international tournaments like the World Cup.

4. Examiner: Did you play sports when you were younger?

Biswas: Yes, I played football and cricket quite a lot as a kid. We used to play in the streets or in open fields near my home. Those were great memories.

5. Examiner: Do you think exercise is important?

Biswas: Absolutely. Especially with a desk job, it's important to stay active. Exercise keeps you healthy, reduces stress, and gives you more energy. I wish I had more time for it.

6. Examiner: Would you like to try any new sports?

Biswas: Yes, I'd love to try badminton or tennis. They seem fun and are good for fitness. Maybe I'll take them up when I have more free time.


SET 11 – Weather & Seasons

1. Examiner: What's the weather like in Sarjahan?

Biswas: It's very hot and humid for most of the year. Summers are extremely challenging — temperatures often exceed 45°C. But winters are beautiful, with pleasant, cool weather.

2. Examiner: Do you prefer hot or cold weather?

Biswas: I definitely prefer cooler weather. I feel more energetic and comfortable when it's cool. The extreme heat in the UAE can be draining, so I look forward to winter every year.

3. Examiner: Does the weather affect your mood?

Biswas: Yes, it does. On hot days, I feel tired and lazy, and I tend to stay indoors. In cooler weather, I'm more active and motivated to go outside.

4. Examiner: What's your favourite season?

Biswas: Winter, without a doubt. In the UAE, winter is perfect — mild temperatures, clear skies, and it's great for outdoor activities like walking or having a picnic.

5. Examiner: Has the weather changed in recent years?

Biswas: Yes, I think so. Summers seem to be getting hotter and longer. It's probably due to climate change, and it's a concern for everyone.

6. Examiner: How do you cope with the hot weather?

Biswas: I stay indoors during the hottest part of the day, drink plenty of water, and wear light clothing. Air conditioning is a lifesaver here — I don't know how people managed without it.


SET 12 – Food & Eating Habits

1. Examiner: What's your favourite food?

Biswas: Dal bhat — it's a traditional Nepali dish. It's comforting and reminds me of home. But I also love Thai green curry and Middle Eastern shawarma.

2. Examiner: Do you eat out often?

Biswas: Not too often, maybe once or twice a week. I prefer cooking at home because it's healthier and I enjoy the process. But when I do eat out, I like trying different cuisines.

3. Examiner: What do you usually have for breakfast?

Biswas: I usually keep it simple — tea, some bread, and maybe an egg. On weekends, I might make something more elaborate, like pancakes or a Nepali-style breakfast.

4. Examiner: Is there any food you can't eat?

Biswas: I'm not a big fan of very sweet desserts. I prefer savoury food. Other than that, I'm quite adventurous and open to trying new things.

5. Examiner: Has your diet changed since moving to the UAE?

Biswas: Yes, quite a bit. I eat more Middle Eastern food now — hummus, grilled meats, and biryani. I also eat more salads because of the hot climate.

6. Examiner: Do you think you eat healthily?

Biswas: Mostly, yes. I try to cook balanced meals with vegetables and protein. But I do have a weakness for fried food occasionally — I'm only human!


SET 13 – Books & Reading

1. Examiner: Do you like reading?

Biswas: I enjoy reading, but I don't get as much time as I'd like. When I do read, I prefer non-fiction — books about cooking, travel, or self-development.

2. Examiner: What kind of books do you like?

Biswas: I'm drawn to cookbooks and travel guides. I also enjoy reading about different cultures and personal success stories. They inspire me.

3. Examiner: Did you read a lot as a child?

Biswas: Not really. I was more into playing outside. But as I grew older, especially after working abroad, I started appreciating books more.

4. Examiner: Do you prefer paper books or e-books?

Biswas: I prefer paper books. There's something satisfying about holding a book and turning the pages. But e-books are convenient when I'm travelling.

5. Examiner: Do you read the news?

Biswas: Yes, I check the news daily, mostly on my phone. I like to stay informed about what's happening in Nepal, the UAE, and around the world.

6. Examiner: Would you like to write a book one day?

Biswas: That's an interesting idea. Maybe a cookbook or a memoir about my experiences working in different countries. It would be a great way to share my story.


SET 14 – Music & Entertainment

1. Examiner: Do you like music?

Biswas: Yes, I love music. It's a big part of my life. I listen to it while cooking, driving, or just relaxing at home. It helps me unwind.

2. Examiner: What kind of music do you listen to?

Biswas: I listen to a mix — Nepali folk music, Bollywood songs, and some international pop. It depends on my mood. When I'm nostalgic, I listen to Nepali music.

3. Examiner: Can you play any musical instruments?

Biswas: No, unfortunately not. I've always wanted to learn the guitar, but I never got around to it. Maybe one day I'll take lessons.

4. Examiner: Do you prefer live music or recorded music?

Biswas: Live music is more exciting and energetic, but recorded music is more convenient. I've been to a few live concerts, and the atmosphere was amazing.

5. Examiner: How do you usually listen to music?

Biswas: Mostly through my phone or laptop. I use streaming apps. Sometimes I'll play music on a speaker at home, especially when I'm cooking.

6. Examiner: Has music helped you in any way?

Biswas: Yes, definitely. When I was working as a chef, music kept me going during long shifts. It also helps me relax after a stressful day. It's like therapy.


SET 15 – Shopping

1. Examiner: Do you enjoy shopping?

Biswas: It depends. I enjoy shopping for food and cooking ingredients, but I find clothes shopping a bit tedious. I prefer to buy things quickly and get it over with.

2. Examiner: How often do you go shopping?

Biswas: I go grocery shopping every week, usually on weekends. For other things, like clothes or electronics, I shop only when I need something.

3. Examiner: Do you prefer shopping online or in stores?

Biswas: For groceries, I prefer stores because I like to choose fresh items. For clothes and electronics, online shopping is more convenient and often cheaper.

4. Examiner: What was the last thing you bought?

Biswas: I recently bought a new set of kitchen knives. Since I love cooking, good tools matter to me. They've made a big difference in my cooking.

5. Examiner: Is shopping popular in your country?

Biswas: Yes, especially in the UAE. There are huge malls everywhere, and shopping is a popular pastime. In Nepal, shopping is more functional, but it's changing.

6. Examiner: Do you ever buy things you don't need?

Biswas: Occasionally, yes. I think everyone does. But I try to be mindful and only buy what I actually need. I've become more disciplined over the years.


SET 16 – Holidays & Celebrations

1. Examiner: What's your favourite holiday?

Biswas: Dashain — it's the biggest festival in Nepal. It's a time for family, feasting, and celebration. Even though I'm abroad, I try to celebrate it with friends here.

2. Examiner: How do you usually celebrate holidays?

Biswas: I usually celebrate with friends and family. We cook special meals, exchange gifts, and spend time together. It's all about connection and gratitude.

3. Examiner: Do you prefer holidays at home or abroad?

Biswas: I enjoy both. Holidays at home are relaxing and familiar, while holidays abroad are exciting and educational. It depends on my mood and budget.

4. Examiner: What's the most memorable holiday you've had?

Biswas: My trip to Thailand was unforgettable. The food, the beaches, and the culture — everything was amazing. It also shaped my career as a chef.

5. Examiner: Do people in the UAE celebrate differently?

Biswas: Yes, definitely. The UAE has its own traditions, like Ramadan and National Day. It's interesting to see how different cultures celebrate. I've learned a lot.

6. Examiner: Would you like to travel somewhere special for your next holiday?

Biswas: Yes, I'd love to visit Japan. I'm fascinated by the culture, the food, and the scenery. It's definitely on my bucket list.


SET 17 – Hometown & Childhood

1. Examiner: Where did you grow up?

Biswas: I grew up in Nepal, in a small town surrounded by hills and nature. It was a simple, peaceful life. I have fond memories of my childhood there.

2. Examiner: What was your hometown like?

Biswas: It was quiet and close-knit. Everyone knew each other, and life was slow-paced. It's very different from the fast-paced life in the UAE.

3. Examiner: Did you enjoy your childhood?

Biswas: Yes, I did. I spent a lot of time outdoors, playing with friends and helping my family. It taught me important values like hard work and gratitude.

4. Examiner: Has your hometown changed over the years?

Biswas: Yes, quite a bit. It's more developed now — better roads, more buildings, and more opportunities. But it's also lost some of its old charm.

5. Examiner: Would you like to live there again?

Biswas: Maybe someday, but not right now. I've built a life in the UAE, and there are more opportunities here. But I'd like to visit more often.

6. Examiner: What do you miss most about your hometown?

Biswas: I miss the food, the festivals, and most of all, my family. There's a warmth and simplicity there that's hard to find elsewhere.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Present Continuous Tense / अपूर्ण वर्तमान काल

Present Continuous Tense / अपूर्ण वर्तमान काल Introduction / परिचय The present continuous tense is used to talk about actions that ar...