Tuesday, 6 October 2026

200 More IELTS Speaking Vocabulary Words (Simple to Advanced)

200 More IELTS Speaking Vocabulary Words (Simple to Advanced)

(२०० थप IELTS बोली शब्दावली: सरलदेखि उच्चस्तरसम्म)

A comprehensive collection of 200 vocabulary words commonly used in IELTS Speaking, arranged from simple to advanced, each with English meaning, Nepali meaning, and an English example sentence.


PART 1: Daily Life & Routine (दैनिक जीवन र दिनचर्या) — 20 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

1

Routine

regular habit

दिनचर्या

I follow a strict morning routine.

2

Chore

household task

घरायसी काम

Doing chores helps me stay organized.

3

Commute

travel to work

आवागमन गर्नु

My daily commute takes about an hour.

4

Leisure

free time

फुर्सद, अवकाश

I spend my leisure time reading books.

5

Errand

short trip for a task

कामको लागि छोटो यात्रा

I ran some errands in the morning.

6

Hectic

very busy

अत्यन्त व्यस्त

My schedule has been hectic lately.

7

Relaxing

calming

आरामदायक

Listening to music is very relaxing.

8

Productive

efficient, useful

उत्पादनशील

I had a productive day at work.

9

Flexible

adaptable

लचिलो

My working hours are quite flexible.

10

Convenient

easy, suitable

सुविधाजनक

Online shopping is very convenient.

11

Occasionally

sometimes

कहिलेकाहीं

I occasionally go for a morning walk.

12

Frequently

often

बारम्बार

I frequently visit my grandparents.

13

Rarely

seldom

विरलै

I rarely watch television these days.

14

Typically

usually

सामान्यतया

I typically wake up at six.

15

Essential

very necessary

अत्यावश्यक

Sleep is essential for good health.

16

Manageable

controllable

व्यवस्थापन गर्न सकिने

My workload is manageable.

17

Overwhelming

too much to handle

अत्यधिक, भारी

The traffic was overwhelming.

18

Spontaneous

unplanned

spont, आफैं भएको

I enjoy spontaneous trips with friends.

19

Monotonous

boring, repetitive

नीरस, दोहोरिने

My daily routine can feel monotonous.

20

Refreshing

energizing

ताजगी दिने

A cold drink is refreshing in summer.


PART 2: Hobbies & Interests (रुचि र शौक) — 20 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

21

Passion

strong interest

जोश, लगाव

Photography is my greatest passion.

22

Enthusiastic

very interested

उत्साही

I am enthusiastic about learning languages.

23

Fascinating

very interesting

आकर्षक, लोभलाग्दो

History is a fascinating subject.

24

Captivating

attractive, charming

मोहित गर्ने

The documentary was captivating.

25

Therapeutic

healing, calming

उपचारात्मक

Gardening is therapeutic for me.

26

Creative

imaginative

सिर्जनात्मक

Painting is a creative hobby.

27

Adventurous

daring, bold

साहसी

I love adventurous activities like hiking.

28

Immersive

deeply engaging

डुबुल्की मार्ने

Video games can be very immersive.

29

Rewarding

satisfying

पुरस्कृत गर्ने

Volunteering is a rewarding experience.

30

Craft

skill, art

शिल्प, कला

She enjoys traditional crafts.

31

Perform

act, present

प्रस्तुत गर्नु

I used to perform at school events.

32

Compose

create (music/writing)

रचना गर्नु

He can compose beautiful songs.

33

Explore

discover, investigate

खोज गर्नु

I love to explore new places.

34

Collect

gather

सङ्कलन गर्नु

I collect stamps from different countries.

35

Improve

get better

सुधार गर्नु

Regular practice improves your skills.

36

Devote

dedicate

समर्पण गर्नु

I devote two hours daily to reading.

37

Indulge

enjoy freely

आनन्द लिनु

I sometimes indulge in street food.

38

Unwind

relax

आराम गर्नु

Music helps me unwind after work.

39

Appreciate

value, enjoy

कदर गर्नु

I appreciate classical music.

40

Pursue

follow, chase

पछ्याउनु

I want to pursue my dream career.


PART 3: Travel & Places (यात्रा र स्थानहरू) — 20 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

41

Destination

place to travel to

गन्तव्य

Pokhara is a popular tourist destination.

42

Breathtaking

extremely beautiful

मनमोहक

The mountain view was breathtaking.

43

Scenic

picturesque

रमणीय, दृश्यावलीयुक्त

The route was incredibly scenic.

44

Picturesque

charming like a painting

चित्रोपम

The village was picturesque.

45

Remote

far away, isolated

दुर्गम, टाढा

I visited a remote village in the hills.

46

Bustling

busy, lively

भीडभाडयुक्त

Kathmandu is a bustling city.

47

Serene

calm, peaceful

शान्त, शान्तिपूर्ण

The lake was serene at sunrise.

48

Vibrant

full of energy

जीवन्त, चम्किलो

The market was vibrant and colorful.

49

Accommodation

place to stay

आवास

We booked affordable accommodation.

50

Itinerary

travel plan

यात्रा योजना

Our itinerary includes three cities.

51

Sightseeing

visiting attractions

दर्शनीय स्थल भ्रमण

We spent the day sightseeing.

52

Souvenir

keepsake from a trip

सम्झनाको सामान

I bought a souvenir for my mother.

53

Hospitality

friendly treatment

आतिथ्य

Nepali hospitality is famous worldwide.

54

Tradition

long-established custom

परम्परा

The town has a rich cultural tradition.

55

Heritage

inherited culture

सम्पदा, विरासत

We must protect our heritage sites.

56

Landmark

famous structure

स्थलचिह्न

The Dharahara was a famous landmark.

57

Adventure

exciting experience

साहसिक यात्रा

Trekking is a great adventure.

58

Journey

trip, travel

यात्रा

The journey took ten hours.

59

Affordable

reasonably priced

सस्तो, किफायती

We found affordable hotels.

60

Unforgettable

memorable

अविस्मरणीय

It was an unforgettable experience.


PART 4: Work & Career (काम र करियर) — 20 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

61

Profession

job, career

पेशा

Teaching is a noble profession.

62

Colleague

coworker

सहकर्मी

My colleagues are very supportive.

63

Deadline

time limit

समयसीमा

I met the project deadline.

64

Promotion

job advancement

पदोन्नति

She received a promotion last month.

65

Qualification

education/skill

योग्यता

Good qualifications help you get jobs.

66

Responsibility

duty

जिम्मेवारी

My job involves great responsibility.

67

Teamwork

working together

टोली कार्य

Teamwork makes projects successful.

68

Ambition

strong desire to succeed

महत्त्वाकांक्षा

My ambition is to become a doctor.

69

Motivation

drive to do something

प्रेरणा

Motivation is key to success.

70

Dedication

commitment

समर्पण

Dedication leads to excellence.

71

Skillful

talented, capable

सिपालु

She is a skillful communicator.

72

Reliable

dependable

भरपर्दो

He is a reliable team member.

73

Competent

capable, qualified

सक्षम

She is competent at her job.

74

Innovative

creative, original

नवीन

The company rewards innovative ideas.

75

Challenging

difficult but interesting

चुनौतीपूर्ण

My new role is challenging.

76

Fulfilling

satisfying

सन्तुष्टिदायक

My work is very fulfilling.

77

Demanding

requiring much effort

माग गर्ने

Being a doctor is demanding.

78

Collaborate

work together

सहकार्य गर्नु

I collaborate with international teams.

79

Delegate

assign tasks

जिम्मा दिनु

Good managers delegate effectively.

80

Accomplish

achieve, complete

सम्पन्न गर्नु

I accomplished all my goals.


PART 5: Technology & Media (प्रविधि र सञ्चारमाध्यम) — 20 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

81

Device

electronic tool

उपकरण

Smartphones are useful devices.

82

Application

software program

एप्लिकेसन

This application helps me study.

83

Efficient

effective, productive

कुशल

Technology makes work efficient.

84

Accessible

easy to reach/use

पहुँचयोग्य

Information is now easily accessible.

85

Addictive

hard to stop using

लत लगाउने

Social media can be addictive.

86

Outdated

old, no longer used

पुरानो, अप्रचलित

This software is outdated.

87

Advanced

modern, developed

उन्नत

We use advanced technology at work.

88

Portable

easy to carry

सजिलै बोक्न सकिने

Laptops are portable devices.

89

Innovation

new idea/method

नवप्रवर्तन

Innovation drives progress.

90

Virtual

online, simulated

भर्चुअल

We had a virtual meeting yesterday.

91

Gadget

small device

सानो यन्त्र

He loves buying new gadgets.

92

Reliable

trustworthy

भरपर्दो

I need a reliable internet connection.

93

Influential

having impact

प्रभावशाली

Social media is very influential today.

94

Informative

giving useful info

जानकारीमूलक

The documentary was very informative.

95

Interactive

allowing participation

अन्तरक्रियात्मक

The app is fun and interactive.

96

User-friendly

easy to use

प्रयोगकर्तामैत्री

This website is very user-friendly.

97

Automate

make automatic

स्वचालित बनाउनु

We automate repetitive tasks.

98

Upgrade

improve to a better version

स्तरोन्नति गर्नु

I need to upgrade my phone.

99

Browse

look through casually

हेर्दै हिँड्नु

I browse the internet every evening.

100

Streamline

make more efficient

सरल र प्रभावकारी बनाउनु

We streamlined our workflow.


PART 6: Feelings & Emotions (भावना र मनोवृत्ति) — 20 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

101

Delighted

very happy

अत्यन्त खुसी

I was delighted to hear the news.

102

Anxious

worried, nervous

चिन्तित

I feel anxious before exams.

103

Grateful

thankful

कृतज्ञ

I am grateful for your help.

104

Overjoyed

extremely happy

अत्यधिक प्रसन्न

She was overjoyed at her result.

105

Frustrated

annoyed, discouraged

निराश

I get frustrated with slow internet.

106

Content

satisfied

सन्तुष्ट

I feel content with my life.

107

Optimistic

hopeful

आशावादी

I am optimistic about the future.

108

Pessimistic

negative, hopeless

निराशावादी

Don't be so pessimistic.

109

Nostalgic

longing for the past

विगतको सम्झना गर्ने

Old songs make me nostalgic.

110

Curious

eager to know

जिज्ञासु

I am curious about other cultures.

111

Confident

sure of oneself

आत्मविश्वासी

She is confident while speaking.

112

Overwhelmed

emotionally affected

भावुक, अभिभूत

I was overwhelmed by their kindness.

113

Sympathetic

showing concern

सहानुभूतिपूर्ण

He was sympathetic to my problem.

114

Envious

jealous

ईर्ष्यालु

I am not envious of others' success.

115

Embarrassed

ashamed

लज्जित

I felt embarrassed after the mistake.

116

Inspired

motivated

प्रेरित

Her story inspired me deeply.

117

Relieved

free from worry

राहत महसुस गर्ने

I was relieved after the exam.

118

Passionate

very enthusiastic

भावुक, उत्साही

I am passionate about music.

119

Sentimental

emotional about memories

भावुक

I get sentimental about old photos.

120

Thrilled

very excited

अत्यन्त उत्साहित

I was thrilled to meet the actor.


PART 7: People & Personality (व्यक्ति र व्यक्तित्व) — 20 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

121

Outgoing

friendly, social

बहिर्मुखी

My sister is very outgoing.

122

Introverted

shy, reserved

अन्तर्मुखी

I am a bit introverted by nature.

123

Generous

giving, kind

उदार

He is generous with his time.

124

Humble

modest

विनम्र

She is humble despite her success.

125

Ambitious

determined to succeed

महत्त्वाकांक्षी

My friend is very ambitious.

126

Charismatic

charming, attractive

आकर्षक व्यक्तित्व

The leader was charismatic.

127

Considerate

thoughtful of others

विचारशील

He is considerate of everyone's feelings.

128

Determined

firm, resolute

दृढ

She is determined to succeed.

129

Empathetic

understanding others' feelings

सहानुभूतिशील

A good teacher is empathetic.

130

Honest

truthful

इमानदार

I value honest people.

131

Optimistic

positive

आशावादी

My father is always optimistic.

132

Reliable

dependable

भरपर्दो

He is a reliable friend.

133

Sociable

enjoys company

मिलनसार

She is sociable and friendly.

134

Tolerant

accepting differences

सहिष्णु

We should be tolerant of others.

135

Witty

cleverly humorous

हाजिरजवाफ

He is witty and fun to talk to.

136

Modest

not boastful

विनम्र

Despite fame, she remains modest.

137

Assertive

confident in expressing

दृढतापूर्वक बोल्ने

An assertive person speaks clearly.

138

Adventurous

willing to take risks

साहसी

My cousin is very adventurous.

139

Compassionate

caring, kind

दयालु

Nurses are compassionate people.

140

Eccentric

unusual, odd

अनौठो स्वभावको

My uncle is a bit eccentric.


PART 8: Abstract & Advanced Words (अमूर्त र उच्चस्तरीय शब्द) — 30 Words

#

Word

English Meaning

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

141

Profound

deep, meaningful

गहन

The book had a profound impact on me.

142

Inevitable

unavoidable

अपरिहार्य

Change is inevitable in life.

143

Intricate

complex, detailed

जटिल

The design was intricate.

144

Meticulous

very careful

अत्यन्त सतर्क

She is meticulous about her work.

145

Resilient

able to recover

लचिलो, सहनशील

Children are remarkably resilient.

146

Profoundly

deeply

गहिरो रूपमा

I was profoundly moved by the story.

147

Coherent

logical, clear

सुसंगत

Her argument was coherent.

148

Subtle

not obvious

सूक्ष्म

There was a subtle change in his tone.

149

Prevalent

common, widespread

प्रचलित

Smartphones are prevalent everywhere.

150

Inevitably

unavoidably

अनिवार्य रूपमा

Technology will inevitably change.

151

Substantial

large, significant

पर्याप्त, ठूलो

She made substantial progress.

152

Comprehensive

complete, thorough

व्यापक

We need a comprehensive plan.

153

Diverse

varied, different

विविध

Nepal has diverse cultures.

154

Feasible

possible, practical

सम्भव, व्यावहारिक

The plan is feasible.

155

Crucial

very important

निर्णायक

Education is crucial for development.

156

Notable

important, remarkable

उल्लेखनीय

She made a notable contribution.

157

Prominent

well-known, important

प्रमुख

He is a prominent businessman.

158

Innovative

creative, new

नवीन

We need innovative solutions.

159

Sustainable

able to continue

दिगो

We must promote sustainable development.

160

Inevitable

certain to happen

अनिवार्य

Conflict is sometimes inevitable.

161

Significant

important, large

महत्त्वपूर्ण

There was a significant improvement.

162

Persistent

continuous, determined

निरन्तर, जिद्दी

His persistent efforts paid off.

163

Tedious

boring, tiresome

नीरस, झर्कोलाग्दो

The task was tedious but necessary.

164

Ambiguous

unclear, vague

अस्पष्ट

His answer was ambiguous.

165

Inevitable

bound to happen

अनिवार्य

Growing old is inevitable.

166

Detrimental

harmful

हानिकारक

Smoking is detrimental to health.

167

Beneficial

helpful, useful

लाभदायक

Exercise is beneficial for everyone.

168

Redundant

unnecessary, repeated

अनावश्यक

The extra work was redundant.

169

Arduous

very difficult

कठिन, श्रमसाध्य

The trek was arduous but rewarding.

170

Inevitable

cannot be avoided

अपरिहार्य

Mistakes are inevitable while learning.


PART 9: IELTS Speaking Power Phrases (IELTS बोलीका शक्तिशाली वाक्यांश) — 30 Phrases

#

Phrase

Nepali Meaning

Example Sentence

171

To be honest

साँचो भन्नुपर्दा

To be honest, I prefer tea over coffee.

172

As far as I know

मलाई थाहा भएसम्म

As far as I know, the museum opens at 9.

173

In my opinion

मेरो विचारमा

In my opinion, education is key.

174

I'd say

म भन्न चाहन्छु

I'd say Nepali food is the best.

175

Without a doubt

निस्सन्देह

Without a doubt, this is my favorite place.

176

To some extent

केही हदसम्म

To some extent, I agree with you.

177

On the whole

समग्रमा

On the whole, I had a great experience.

178

From my perspective

मेरो दृष्टिकोणबाट

From my perspective, family comes first.

179

It goes without saying

भन्नै पर्दैन

It goes without saying that health matters.

180

To put it simply

सरल भाषामा भन्नुपर्दा

To put it simply, I love traveling.

181

What I mean is

मेरो मतलब हो

What I mean is that we should try harder.

182

Generally speaking

सामान्यतया

Generally speaking, mornings are quiet.

183

As a matter of fact

वास्तवमा

As a matter of fact, I have been there.

184

I'm really into

मलाई धेरै मन पर्छ

I'm really into photography.

185

It depends on

यो निर्भर गर्छ

It depends on the situation.

186

I tend to

म गर्ने गर्छु

I tend to wake up early.

187

I'm fond of

मलाई मन पर्छ

I'm fond of classical music.

188

To be more specific

अझ विशेष भन्नुपर्दा

To be more specific, I prefer blue.

189

Believe it or not

विश्वास गर्नु वा नगर्नु

Believe it or not, I have never flown.

190

To cut a long story short

छोटकरीमा भन्नुपर्दा

To cut a long story short, I moved here.

191

I can't help but

म नगरी बस्न सक्दिन

I can't help but smile when I see him.

192

On top of that

त्यसका अतिरिक्त

On top of that, it's very affordable.

193

That being said

त्यसो भए पनि

That being said, I still prefer tea.

194

All things considered

सबै कुरा विचार गर्दा

All things considered, it was a good trip.

195

I'm not really into

मलाई त्यति मन पर्दैन

I'm not really into horror movies.

196

It's worth mentioning

उल्लेख गर्न लायक छ

It's worth mentioning that Nepal is beautiful.

197

For the most part

धेरैजसो

For the most part, I enjoy my work.

198

Needless to say

भन्नै पर्दैन

Needless to say, I was very happy.

199

At the end of the day

अन्तमा

At the end of the day, family matters most.

200

Last but not least

अन्तिम तर महत्त्वपूर्ण

Last but not least, I thank my parents.


Summary Table (सारांश तालिका)

Part

Category

Word Count

Nepali Category

1

Daily Life & Routine

20

दैनिक जीवन र दिनचर्या

2

Hobbies & Interests

20

रुचि र शौक

3

Travel & Places

20

यात्रा र स्थानहरू

4

Work & Career

20

काम र करियर

5

Technology & Media

20

प्रविधि र सञ्चारमाध्यम

6

Feelings & Emotions

20

भावना र मनोवृत्ति

7

People & Personality

20

व्यक्ति र व्यक्तित्व

8

Abstract & Advanced Words

30

अमूर्त र उच्चस्तरीय शब्द

9

Speaking Power Phrases

30

बोलीका शक्तिशाली वाक्यांश

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

200 More IELTS Listening Vocabulary Words (Simple to Advanced)

200 More IELTS Listening Vocabulary Words (Simple to Advanced) ( २०० थप IELTS सुनाइ शब्दावली : सरलदेखि उच्चस्तरसम्म ) A comprehensiv...