Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Future Tense (भविष्यत् काल) PTE Grammar

Future Tense (भविष्यत् काल) PTE Grammar

The future tense is a verb tense used to describe actions that will happen or will be completed in the future. In Nepali, it is called भविष्यत् काल (Bhabishyat Kaal).

There are four types of future tense:


1. Simple Future Tense (सामान्य भविष्यत् काल)

Structure:

  • Affirmative: Subject + will/shall + V1 + Object
  • Negative: Subject + will/shall + not + V1 + Object
  • Question: Will/Shall + Subject + V1 + Object?

Uses:

1.      To express predictions about the future (भविष्यको अनुमान)

2.      To express spontaneous decisions (तत्कालको निर्णय)

3.      To express promises and offers (वाचा र प्रस्ताव)

4.      To express future facts (भविष्यका तथ्य)

5.      To express intentions (इरादा)

6.      In conditional sentences (सर्तात्मक वाक्य)

Time Adverbs: tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, soon, later, in the future, tonight, someday, in 2030

Examples (English – Nepali):

1.      I will go to school tomorrow. – म भोलि विद्यालय जानेछु।

2.      She will read a book. – उनी एउटा किताब पढ्नेछिन्।

3.      They will play football next Sunday. – उनीहरू अर्को आइतबार फुटबल खेल्नेछन्।

4.      He will not like tea. – उसलाई चिया मन पर्नेछैन।

5.      Will you speak Nepali? – तिमी नेपाली बोल्नेछौ?

6.      Water will boil at 100°C. – पानी १००°C मा उमाल्नेछ।


2. Future Continuous Tense (अपूर्ण/चालु भविष्यत् काल)

Structure:

  • Affirmative: Subject + will/shall + be + V1+ing + Object
  • Negative: Subject + will/shall + not + be + V1+ing + Object
  • Question: Will/Shall + Subject + be + V1+ing + Object?

Uses:

1.      To express actions happening at a specific time in the future (भविष्यको निश्चित समयमा भइरहने काम)

2.      To express actions that will be in progress (भविष्यमा जारी रहने काम)

3.      To express planned future actions (योजना गरिएको भविष्य काम)

4.      To express polite inquiries about future plans (भविष्य योजनाको विनम्र प्रश्न)

5.      To express predictions about ongoing future actions (भविष्यमा जारी कामको अनुमान)

6.      To express parallel future actions (समानान्तर भविष्य काम)

Time Adverbs: at this time tomorrow, at 5 pm tomorrow, this time next week, all day tomorrow, while, when

Examples (English – Nepali):

1.      I will be writing a letter at 7 pm tomorrow. – म भोलि बेलुका ७ बजे चिठी लेख्दै हुनेछु।

2.      She will be cooking food. – उनी खाना पकाउँदै हुनेछिन्।

3.      They will be playing in the garden. – उनीहरू बगैंचामा खेल्दै हुनेछन्।

4.      He will not be studying at that moment. – ऊ त्यो क्षणमा पढ्दै हुनेछैन।

5.      Will you be listening to me? – तिमी मेरो कुरा सुन्दै हुनेछौ?

6.      The children will be sleeping then. – बच्चाहरू त्यतिबेला सुत्दै हुनेछन्।


3. Future Perfect Tense (पूर्ण भविष्यत् काल)

Structure:

  • Affirmative: Subject + will/shall + have + V3 (past participle) + Object
  • Negative: Subject + will/shall + not + have + V3 + Object
  • Question: Will/Shall + Subject + have + V3 + Object?

Uses:

1.      To express actions completed before a specific future time (भविष्यको निश्चित समयभन्दा पहिले सकिने काम)

2.      To express actions with "by" and "by the time" (by/by the time सँग)

3.      To express predictions about completed future actions (भविष्यमा सकिने कामको अनुमान)

4.      To express duration up to a future point (भविष्यको समयसम्मको अवधि)

5.      To express hopes and expectations (आशा र अपेक्षा)

6.      In conditional sentences (सर्तात्मक वाक्य)

Time Adverbs: by tomorrow, by next week, by next month, by the time, by then, before, by 2030, in two years

Examples (English – Nepali):

1.      I will have finished my homework by dinner. – मैले बेलुकाको खानाभन्दा पहिले गृहकार्य सक्नेछु।

2.      She will have visited Pokhara by then. – उनले त्यतिबेलासम्म पोखरा घुमेकी हुनेछिन्।

3.      They will have lived here for ten years by 2030. – सन् २०३० सम्म उनीहरू यहाँ दस वर्ष बसेका हुनेछन्।

4.      He will not have eaten before leaving. – ऊ जानुभन्दा पहिले खाएको हुनेछैन।

5.      Will you have seen a tiger by then? – तिमीले त्यतिबेलासम्म बाघ देखेका हुनेछौ?

6.      We will have just arrived when it rains. – पानी पर्दा हामी भर्खरै आइपुगेका हुनेछौं।


4. Future Perfect Continuous Tense (पूर्ण अपूर्ण भविष्यत् काल)

Structure:

  • Affirmative: Subject + will/shall + have + been + V1+ing + Object + since/for
  • Negative: Subject + will/shall + not + have + been + V1+ing + Object + since/for
  • Question: Will/Shall + Subject + have + been + V1+ing + Object + since/for?

Uses:

1.      To express actions continuing up to a point in the future (भविष्यको समयसम्म जारी रहने काम)

2.      To express duration of a future action (भविष्य कामको अवधि)

3.      To express cause of a future result (भविष्य परिणामको कारण)

4.      To express repeated future actions over time (समयसम्म दोहोरिने भविष्य काम)

5.      To express temporary future habits (अस्थायी भविष्य बानी)

6.      To emphasize the length of time with "how long" (कति समयदेखि भन्ने जोड)

Time Adverbs: by next month, by next year, for, since, by the time, how long, by then

Examples (English – Nepali):

1.      I will have been reading since morning. – म बिहानदेखि पढ्दै हुनेछु।

2.      She will have been working there for five years. – उनी त्यहाँ पाँच वर्षदेखि काम गर्दै हुनेछिन्।

3.      They will have been playing for two hours. – उनीहरू दुई घण्टादेखि खेल्दै हुनेछन्।

4.      He will not have been feeling well before that. – त्योभन्दा पहिले ऊ स्वस्थ महसुस गर्दै हुनेछैन।

5.      Will you have been waiting long? – तिमी लामो समयदेखि कुर्दै हुनेछौ?

6.      It will have been raining all day. – दिनभरि पानी पर्दै हुनेछ।


Summary Table (सारांश तालिका)

Type

Structure

Main Use

Nepali Meaning

Example

Simple Future

S + will/shall + V1

Future action

सामान्य भविष्यत्

I will go. – म जानेछु।

Future Continuous

S + will/shall + be + V1+ing

Ongoing future action

चालु भविष्यत्

I will be going. – म जाँदै हुनेछु।

Future Perfect

S + will/shall + have + V3

Action before future

पूर्ण भविष्यत्

I will have gone. – म गएको हुनेछु।

Future Perfect Continuous

S + will/shall + have + been + V1+ing

Ongoing with duration

पूर्ण अपूर्ण भविष्यत्

I will have been going. – म जाँदै हुनेछु (समयदेखि)।


Key Differences at a Glance (मुख्य भिन्नताहरू)

Feature

Simple Future

Future Continuous

Future Perfect

Future Perfect Continuous

Focus

Future action

Ongoing in future

Before future time

Duration before future

Time

Tomorrow

At 5 pm tomorrow

By tomorrow

Since/For (future)

Nepali verb ending

जानेछु

जाँदै हुनेछु

गएको हुनेछु

जाँदै हुनेछु (समयदेखि)

Example

I will eat rice.

I will be eating rice.

I will have eaten rice.

I will have been eating rice.

Nepali Example

म भात खानेछु।

म भात खाँदै हुनेछु।

मैले भात खाएको हुनेछु।

म भात खाँदै हुनेछु (कति समयदेखि)।


Comparison of All Three Tenses (तीनै कालको तुलना)

Tense

Simple

Continuous

Perfect

Perfect Continuous

Present

I go. – म जान्छु।

I am going. – म जाँदै छु।

I have gone. – म गएको छु।

I have been going. – म जाँदै छु (समयदेखि)।

Past

I went. – म गएँ।

I was going. – म जाँदै थिएँ।

I had gone. – म गएको थिएँ।

I had been going. – म जाँदै थिएँ (समयदेखि)।

Future

I will go. – म जानेछु।

I will be going. – म जाँदै हुनेछु।

I will have gone. – म गएको हुनेछु।

I will have been going. – म जाँदै हुनेछु (समयदेखि)।


Note: In Nepali, the future tense forms change according to gender (लिङ्ग), number (वचन), and honorific levels (आदरसूचक स्तर). For example:

  • म जानेछु (I will go – first person)
  • तिमी जानेछौ (You will go – informal)
  • तपाईं जानुहुनेछ (You will go – formal)
  • ऊ जानेछ (He will go)
  • उनी जानेछिन् (She will go)
  • उनीहरू जानेछन् (They will go)

Additional Note: In modern English, "shall" is mainly used with I and We in formal British English, while "will" is used with all persons in American English and informal contexts. In Nepali, there is no direct equivalent distinction; the future is expressed through verb endings like -नेछु, -नेछौ, -नेछ, -नेछिन्, -नेछन्।

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

200 More IELTS Listening Vocabulary Words (Simple to Advanced)

200 More IELTS Listening Vocabulary Words (Simple to Advanced) ( २०० थप IELTS सुनाइ शब्दावली : सरलदेखि उच्चस्तरसम्म ) A comprehensiv...